Nissan Primera BTCC

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by patrikmarek, Jul 13, 2015.

1. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

we will be releasing some initial version, with still many things to be done, throw steam workshops

sorry, I have been posting updates mostly on our Facebook pages,
    https://www.facebook.com/pm3dm/phot...048388574169/1282543118524688/?type=3&theater

we finally found someone reliable who is helping out on this, and already got the car into the game
    now we're sorting out things like driver animation, mirrors, HUD etc. , but physics is already really good!!

[​IMG]

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I always like those Nissans. Even after I found out they had Judd engines in them. The white factory cars with the brush painted helmets always appealed to me. Looking forward to trying these out.

3. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

initial version has been released

still heavily WIP

Known issues:
    Motec not fully functioning
    No driver animation or driver
    No wiper animation
    No visible damage
    Lights still wip
    No testing has been done on rain tires even though they are included, waiting on new rain imprementation by S397
    Graphics and Physics work still ongoing, all feedback appreciated

credits
    car & textures by Patrik Marek
    rf2 coversion by Slamfunk
    sounds by Fonsecker

4. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

Fantastic news Patrik and team. Looking forward to driving it!

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thank you for this car. If you need some feedback: I usually use steering lock around 16, but here its too sensitive, I had to select lowest possible value to drive more or less comfortably. The car is a bit too oversteery on turn-in, especially when I lift-off the throttle in corners, rear slides too easily. Other then this, all feels good so far.

adamfarmer likes this.
  6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Hey Nibo.
    For steering I would recommend letting the game set the rotation and use default values. These cars had really quick steering and only 450 degrees of rotation. Like you noticed going any quicker will make it super sensitive. I do realize there are a wide variety of wheels though so will look into what can be done. As far as oversteer you're spot on. Getting and keeping temperature in the rear tires is super important. First couple of laps will be a bit scary. On the other hand by the end of the stint the front tires will start to give up and the car understeers. So it's a bit of a fine ballance. When the BTCC got rid of tire warmers in 2000 the whole field complained like hell. Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.
    TK

7. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Maybe it's just my settings, but I can't seem to be able to re-fill the gas tank in this car. Been having some great races, but have to limit them to short distances. Is it possible to fill this car with gas at a pit-stop?

8. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I'll have to double check later but from memory I think I disabled refueling in order to make sure the AI start with a full tank. These cars mostly ran sprint races and there was no refueling, the only long race they did was the Bathurst 1000. I might add an endurance version that would be selectable in the "tuning" screen. That would add refueling and also the bigger tanks they ran during that race.

TK

9. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Really liking the Primera mod a lot, as it sounds awesome and has a great feel on my TS XW....any chance on an update about the dash Motec display information working fully...that would be my personal preferred item to have working if nothing else.:)

10. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Thanks for the kind words @M D Gourley, also thanks for the nice shots in the screenshot threads. The guys at PM3DM are busy working away on more cars from the series with a couple of them being pretty close to ready. As soon as i get my hands on them to get them into rF2 the Primera will receive an update as well. The Motec on the Primera was pretty basic at best but I def intend to make it match the real car.

TK

11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I'm really looking forward to it. The Nissan is a blast to drive and looks / drives fantastic.

12. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Thank you for the response....absolutely looking forward to the new cars and the Primera update.

Nitrometh, Slamfunk3 and DrivingFast like this.
  13. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Is there any way to adjust the internal cockpit rear view mirror image?...as at the moment it is very compressed, width wise.

Hocician and TwoHardCore like this.
  14. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

sorry man, I wasn't doing the conversion, so I'm not sure how exactly is that handled in RF2. it could be same as what it was in AC, but perhaps it needs different UV scale

if there ever is easier way to get stuff into RF2, I could look into it myself

M D Gourley likes this.