Online Racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Jul 15, 2017.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

wish I hadn't just started a 12 hr shift at work

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah great indeed. Had 3 people there only. Wish it was full server. Would have been a fun race. :) Hopefully we can all do a drive together at some point.

3. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Sorry I missed it. I do want to try this 917...maybe around old spa. Did just get fixed up with DX11 (fiddling with the Pimax 4K HMD next),

Any of you are welcome to look in over at: http://cmsracing.com/
    Our MNRL peeps are currently running a league version Porsche 914-6 and F2 1978's (both "lift before shift" old school style driving, whether you use an H-shifter or not). The other Historics are currently being debated....

vegaguy5555 and Alex72 like this.
  4. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Our league has a Megane Trophy II series running, an APEX GT3 series, Radical sprint series and GP3 series.
    We are between oval racing seasons right now, there should be one starting soon.
    You can use the servers for practice but if there's 3 or more people on the server then every hour that practice ends you can have a quick race, great for practice and fun.
    Most of us also have no problem with sharing set ups, winning set ups, as well as "safer" options for new simmers having trouble staying on track.
    I do not know where you are located though and if our timeline suits you.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. Jon

Jon Registered

There's been a server up for about a week called SSS GOOD OLD DAYS. You can choose from any of the Sparks at Spa '66. It's usually quite quiet but occasionally someone joins. The race is 90 minutes though and unfortunately I haven't had the time to participate in it, but the practice session is good, with 2x Real Road settings and a period of rain about mid-way through. There's an accompanying live timings page as well.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Central mountain time North America.

7. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hello all...

Been a while since I've even visited these forums... shame on me.

Been racing the 917Ks on my server for quite a while now. Learned how to tame them and I'm really, really enjoying them. I'll come back later and thank the creator of them... sorry.

Anyhow, we're racing at Pukekohe Park this weekend.
    It's a pretty short track. I'm hoping that, that will bring in some closer racing due to the
    faster drivers catching up to us slow guys... time and time again!

All components are available through the Steam Work Shop. Much faster than trying to get it through my server.

Cya Sat/Sun 3:00PM -7 GMT

3:00PM -7 GMT for 30 minute practice.
    3:30PM -7 GMT for 30 minute quallie
    4:00PM *7 GMT, or so, for 30 minute race.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Oh man!! I love the 917k! Not just because it's from the most exciting times in racing history but because of its best FFB in any car I've ever driven in a sim.

It's funny you mention us slow drivers. rF2 is my favorite but I think I have the slowest times here. It's also the sim I pay the least attention to times. I think it's because I'm just too busy enjoying the drive for the most part.

In my "racing ethics" defense, I sware my family listens for the sound of my sim cockpit door to close to ask some dumb question they could have answered themselves if they just took a minute to think about.

I haven't heard of that track but will be happy to try it out if you don't mind someone new?

I have to help my wife at a horse show on Saturday through the day so it will have to be Sunday.

Thanks!!

9. Racingclub

Racingclub Registered