Project CARS 2 Review

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BlazingGlory53, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

so may differences of opinion re. PC2

I've not purchased it , may do if it receives some chunky updates that get reviewed well

does any one know how the open wheelers directly compare to rfactor2's ??

2. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Going to give them a try tonight.

I'll try and get a clip up of them as well if it helps.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  3. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

I haven't purchased the game yet too and I'm very interested on open wheel reviews.
    So far looks like PC2 is an AC killer and I'm really looking forward into it cause I'm tired of AC FFB and only a few cars make me feel comfortable.

Adrianstealth, bwana and vegaguy5555 like this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Open wheelers are pretty good and when I compare to rF2, which is the best, I am surprised how good PC2 feels.

rF2 is more twitchy when fueling something like the F1 Spark but PC2 doesn't have one to compare.

I heard somewhere here that some people from rFactor helped with PC2 and I can believe it when coming back to rF2. I got in the Lola T70 last night and had one of my most rewarding drives. Usually when coming from AC's "floating over the curbs physics" it takes me a couple of laps to get back in game.

Going back to PC2 I notice more vertical FFB which surprised me. I think rF2 still has better back end communication.

FuzzyFassbender likes this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

"AC killer"!!

I can hear the guys from AC screaming from hear. This is already a touchy subject over there.

gabrielof and bwana like this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess it depends on sales and, apparently, if PC was a sales success PC2 will be a much bigger one.

I think they found their golden egg hen with PC saga. If audience accepts a new title every two/three years. Need for Speed was a long saga.

7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Sorry to be a pain but I can't see "load setup". Where is it?
    Thanks!

8. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

The "Tuning Setup" screen, to the left of "SAVE".
    upload_2017-9-27_16-48-42.png

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks!:)

10. bwana

bwana Registered

I have pretty much only driven 3 tracks and 3 cars . Radical at knockhill , fr3.5 at Nurburgring and Formula A at long beach .. all default setups ( loose) except halved fuel load .. All my testing is to get the FFB setup which l have pretty close now using ' lnformative' and volume 100 , tone 75 and a few tweaks with my wheel controller ( damper 18% ) CSV 2.0 .. couple of other tweaks which l can't quite remember ... Formula A l like , Fr3.5 will be very good once lbwork on sets and the radical is similar to rf2 's in that you can throw it in there sideways . All in all a good sim for having a quick break from rf2 which then has you appreciating what ISI & S397 have done for us ...

11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

There are some similarities to rF2 like invisible parts. I wonder what causes that?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    gabrielof likes this.
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Patch 1 is out and RaceRoom has an update running NOW!
    DC

13. goose1

goose1 Registered

doing a race in career mode in the Formula A , whats with the over sensative damage ? i just touched the rear of the car in front and lose my front wing , hit a cone that the AI has knocked onto the track and lose my front wing , hit the car in front (not a hard impact) the car i hit flips & rolls, loses suspension , wheels & is totaly destroyed .:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_O

LokiD and bwana like this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

That's. a nest of bugs .. lol . Only driven time attack myself and didn't notice anything

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah slightly regretting my purchase now try the karts its a joke ....

weather is its strongest point!

f-ing ian bell and his marketing bs!

16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

It got so violent in AC's PC2 review that Kevin lock it.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Might have a read of it later for entertainment

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Now would be time to say: "I told you" :D

Everytime Ian Bell makes a comment it is like he is trying to sell a vacuum cleaner, wich annoys me more and makes me even more sceptical than I am allready are just from looking at the first game. Next to that I find it very questionable when sim devs are buying into race sim blogs, in this special case PRC wich strongly speaks against my own principals. That's a no-go for me and the main reason why I propably will never buy the game. If it was a proven point, that the game was of very high quality, I could maybe understand it, but this basicly leads to the other point - the quality of the game:

What I find a bit strange is, that PC2 gets meassured against it's prequel wich was pretty much a bugfest on all fronts and something I would hardly use for a benchmark when we are talking about PC sims. There are enough strong products out there why measure it against the worst of the bunch? Now people say that it has improved from there, but whenever I watch a video I see strange car handling, catastrophic and at the same time cheating AI on a level with rF1, wich was released in 2005, windscreens of death, sounds that are ok-ish, and half baken features to say the least. I said it allready on discord, but if this game wouldn't look as good as it does and if it didn't have sh*t tons of content, people would rip it apart. How can a racing sim be released with broken MP and a somewhat questionable SP? How is a supposed sim not supporting features that are used for different racing series like DRS (wich is a pretty big one) and no proper Nascar rules for their Nascar part, just considering the budget and amount of money that they have at hand. For me this game feels like a patch for the first game, rushed out and on a positive note a bit like the TOCA games. A bit from everything but not very detailed. And yeah, the weather and the graphics are top notch. If you are looking for such agame it might be fun forsome time, but I am sure that the first impression will wear off pretty fast, when people start to dig a bit more in to the game, wich just reminds me of the first game. :)

19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

It is night and day between rF2 and AC for attitude. Some guys really had their nose bent out of shape about PC2 while I was surprised about who some of the guys were just enjoying it for what it is.

20. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I haven't bought it yet but my son got the Xbox one edition. Now don't worry about the difference between consoles and pc,s thats got nothing to do with it. I,m looking at it as a pc game. I have raced many games over the years , mainly the TOCA series , GTR 1 and 2 , GTL , F1Challenge , Nascar , I forget the iteration but it was the one before Iracing and both Rfactors etc etc all online and quite a few off line.

I do it because I like it. I have raced in many Leagues, but mostly in ones I have created with mates and have met many what I consider to be friends through them. These above games have all had mods somewhere along the line which is good because none of them had all the cars I enjoy. I am 60 next month and been a fan of racing since I first went to Sandown to watch a Trans Tasman series race in 1967. Ive seen Aussie touring cars , Sports Sedans , F5000s , WEC Group C cars , V10 F1s, all types.
    The one thing that Project Cars 2 has that is the reason I am considering it is that it has all these cars, well maybe not all, but ones I cant get in RF2 with out waiting for some one to convert them and not all the time successfully and sometimes extremely successfully. This isn't against the modders for without them , there wouldn't be what there is now an I thank them for that.

If the FFB and physics of Pcars 2 are good enough for me then that's a bonus.
    But like I say, it has all I want without having to wait, sure if there is DLC and I'm interested in them, I will look at them too, but at the moment they are not necessary for me.
    I don't have Assetto Corsa or Automobilista so I cant say how they compare and I rarely race online now so that side of it is not as important.
    No doubt there will be knockers to my post but ,hey, that's life.
    I just want to be able to race the XR Jags and the IMSA cars,all the stuff that I cant get at the moment in RF 2.

vegaguy5555 likes this.