Latest Roadmap Update - September 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

[​IMG]

Juicy bits are nothing new ;)

2. elbo

elbo Registered

I hope this update is part of an <under-promise, over-deliver> strategy. That must be it right?

bluet and F1Aussie like this.
  3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

That was underwhelming. Also if the DX11 will become default, will DX9 continue to have fixed for occurring bugs? I ask because manyy people still use DX9 for the plugins and I can imagine it being frustrating if bug fixes are ignored for these guys.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

My point was that news is not same as a roadmap, neither is an event. A roadmap should contain more than just news, it should present the goals and describe how they are reached. This is by definition what a "roadmap" is:

2 a :a detailed plan to guide progress toward a goal
    b :a detailed explanation

5. rhamm

rhamm Registered

You should know better than this as a modder. The people who make car models aren't the same people working on DX11 and plugins.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

7. stonec

stonec Registered

@Will Mazeo This is actually informative, it contains more of the details I was expecting to read in the roadmap and also answers my question regarding the UI. Thanks.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks for posting good info
    Nice to hear about laser tracks

( I'm happy with cars that are currently available in rf2 )

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The skies are not falling then? Great news :D
    [​IMG]
    It's a great show tho :D

10. djfil007

djfil007 Registered

Thanks for the share Will. Hadn't watched that interview yet. Still long progress it sounds like. Unfortunately rF2 will likely continue for a while to be one of my lesser played sims (own too many of them)... really waiting for more content of interest to me. GT3 is so popular, but I personally don't care much for it.

Guimengo likes this.
  11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I perfectly know that. That's exactly the reason why I don't understand why this roadmap doesn't talk about the things that seemed imminent in previous roadmap. Are rain related issues stealing the time from some core dev(s).

You tell me what has happened and what has been prioritized so that previous roadmaps expectations have dispappeared.

There wasn't a word in that about the topics mentioned in this one. Last roadmap didn't even talk about GT3 pack which was announced separately.

The lack of continuity between both roadmaps is absolute. We are more uncertain about main topics than last month.

What in previous roadmap was September end, is now undefined and apparently pushed until November. I actually would not expect the release of the GT3 pack until the end of October.

When they stated September as the release date for the remaining Gt cars back in August I questioned about how it was possible to release such a big amount of cars in a short time. September is ending and we have nothing yet. Only the name of the second car and a teaser for the third.

You can try to deviate attention what you want. This roadmap is disappointing.

Louis, Carlos Sancho, wrxxy and 2 others like this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The people who are working on the cars probably don't work on the plugins,or dx11 code,they have different departments or should have,unless you think that the same few people work on everything.

If no mention was made then obviously they are running over the September deadline

13. patchedupdemon

Fail,thanks for proving my point that you're just bitter about rf2 and s397 in general,I guess you'd actually be happy for rf2 to fail.

14. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

I really don't mind if you do nothing, I don't expect someone is going to work for nothing. All this thing of builds and continuous support is something that you only can hope when there is a continuous source of income.
    Ok, but what I do expect is some of the things someone compromise to are fulfilled. One example is the new Ui to be said done in september and now erased from memory, but that again is work and in my particular case is a totally irrelevant feature because of course nothing remotely similar to iracing onlinewise is going to happen. But you said in this forum the very day that the GT pack was in the store that the four GT pack cars would be available in the first days of September. I doubted some time before buying that pack, but finally decided to support this thing despite this was the first transaction in the history that the buyer didn't know what he was buying. And now, first is said Bentley is going to be released in september, and now, in October? So, October 31? And the other two cars, november and december? hopefully?
    Sorry for my rant, but believe me, for very much little of this, judges and lawyers are working in this world.

dadaboomda and Guimengo like this.
  15. patchedupdemon

That looks weird,the wipers aren't actually wiping any rain away,the rain is all on the side windows

dadaboomda likes this.
  16. patchedupdemon

Read the road map again,it does indeed say about the gt3 pack

And everyone needs to read the first part again,it stated folks were on vacation etc,no surprise they haven't been able to deliver stuff when staff have to have holidays

17. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

I really don't mind if you do nothing, I don't expect someone is going to work for nothing. All this thing of builds and continuous support is something that you only can hope when there is a continuous source of income.
    Ok, but what I do expect is some of the things someone compromise to are fulfilled. One example is the new Ui to be said done in september and now erased from memory, but that again is work and in my particular case is a totally irrelevant feature because of course nothing remotely similar to iracing onlinewise is going to happen. But you said in this forum the very first day that the Gt pack was in the store that the four cars would be available in the first days of September. I doubted some time before buying that pack, but finally decided to support this thing despite this was the first transaction in the history that the buyer didn't know what he was buying. And now, first is said Bentley is going to be released in september, and now, in October? So, October 31? And the other two cars, november and december? hopefully?

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

When they announced the release dates of important hits they forgot to take into account in their work plan, the holidays of the workforce?
    You give a very amateurish depiction of how S397 works (not a mature software house with lot of expertise) , it don't know if it was your goal.
    Cheers.

Louis and Guimengo like this.
  19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I believe Ari Antero has been doing a lot for RF2 for many years.
    Cheers.

Louis, Jon, Guimengo and 2 others like this.
  20. jim jonez

jim jonez Registered

I did think at the time DX11 new UI , GT pack online rating then WFG and everything else follows, WFG and the hype has died and new comers it brought must be looking into the sky waiting for rain to fall. RF2 has the best physics/ffb but these day a good voice alone is not enough to one to a star.
    This roadmap is going the long wrong way for me, it can get to a stage when its too late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.