Latest Roadmap Update - August 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comante

Comante Registered

This is subjective, several people (like me) found DX11 version smoother even with less than optimal FPS

vegaguy5555 and patchedupdemon like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Same fps for me but butter smooth

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

From what I tested, no fps improvement with respect to the initial beta build was ever measured in my system. My benchmarks are in the dx11 vs dx9 perfomance thread if someone wants to check.

In my case there was a severe 30% fps loss due to the problem of fullscreen not properly working. A problem reported by other users and that seems to affect other DX11 titles.

It was said it was being looked at but no new beta builds have been released since July 7th. Apparently 4th World was hired for implementing VR and his no longer involved in the project any more.

The conclusion one gets is that the DX11 main purpose was to recruit VR users not caring much about improving fps so that the average user could benefit from the new post processing features with the same performance.

In DX9, hardware limited users could also improve their graphics by changing settings and sacrificing fps. Hence only top hardware owners have effectively benefitted by DX11 post processing features.

Latest roadmap started announcing dx11 becoming mainstream soon. Meanwhile, screen painting plugins still do not work in DX11.

Sorry, but I don't understand anything.

Guimengo likes this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hi all

been tad busy , no roadmap for Sept ?

dadaboomda likes this.
  5. Depco

Depco Registered

It would appear that each month the roadmap gets pushed back further and further in the month. Pretty soon the September and October roadmap will come out at the same time.

6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

It feels like ISI is on charge again.

peterchen, Mibrandt and dadaboomda like this.
  7. patchedupdemon

I've not been here long but why do you feel like that

8. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

They've been flat out day and night for months.

They took a week off.

Give them a break !

BeefyPeeg, pkelly, Filip and 3 others like this.
  9. Heisenberx

Heisenberx Registered

Of course progress could be faster but I really appreciate the work done so far!

BeefyPeeg and patchedupdemon like this.
  10. Depco

Depco Registered

I am assuming that he feels the development and release of new builds, content, and info has slowed from S397's initial frenetic pace. ISI's glacial development pace was hard to live through and resulted in a lot of players leaving due to a belief that ISI could not develop a game of this complexity, let alone finish the promised features, with such a small team. It tuned out to be true. In comes S397 and presumably their much larger team of developers.

I believe we all are really looking forward to the release of what S397 are coming out with, but the wait is beginning to feel closer to the pace ISI had and less like the pace of a more capably staffed and funded developer. This is likely caused by the massive amount of work that has to go into the large scale change being undertaken by S397. In other words this is a huge job and it will take time.

At least that is how I read the statement.

Just as an aside, I hope S397 does not allow its content creators to just drift from one project to the next without oversight or deadlines. This is my understanding of what happened at ISI and it resulted in a vast majority of ISI content going under developed or being completely unfinished. Cars were featured and touted, like the DP Corvette and never brought to fruition. Presumably because the dev working the car got bored or was pulled for a more favored project, which in turn also never got finished.

Maybe I'm wrong in my understanding of how ISI Devs were instructed to work on projects.

F1 2004 and patchedupdemon like this.
  11. andrea_274

andrea_274 Registered

I think simply, it's not right time...PC2, FM7 demo, AC Ferrari 70th DLC...so many big announcements...September Roadmap Update is like a little cat in a lions cage...dead.
    If you have a little weapon, and relatively few bullets...you must choice right moment to shoot.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Alessio Feletto, Rui Santos and Emery like this.
  12. patchedupdemon

I'm hoping sept road map is late because they are trying to finish up the gt3 pack and or ui so they can announce its release before sept is over.
    Coming from iracing,waiting 4months for any update or content etc,I've liked the pace so far or s397,but I understand why some folks could feel it's isi mk2.

I'm just gunna wait until development grinds to halt before I call it mk2

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. stonec

stonec Registered

S397 are basically no larger than ISI, I think it's a misconception. Luminis is a large software house, but only a fraction of those work on rF2. When you exit the game, you see the credits flashing, and it's basically the same 12 or so guys that were listed back when ISI was in charge, only that half of the names have changed now. IMO it's a bit dreaming to expect that a team similar size as ISI and with the same content developer guys as under ISI would suddenly start producing stuff a lot quicker now. Of course it may be that ISI developers were incompetent or ISI didn't manage their developer resources well or had already put focus on other projects like the "not rF3" thing. But building software is not rocket science anyway, so I doubt the incompetency part.

14. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Ooooo come on guys! Please stop all this moaning, S397 did in a single year more than ISI in the latest 2 (not sayng is their fault or moaning against them, I respect their work just a quantity comparison)!
    The next update will bring a lot of stuff, better damage, cars, improved weather, etc etc
    S397 didn't slow down but, as usually happens for big updates, they need time to refine their work...so please, be gratefull, after 5 years rF2 could be dead instead we have a studio still working on it and tryng to fill te gap with competitors, can we just be positive towards them?

Alex72, jlnprssnr, RaceNut and 12 others like this.
  15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

We all know that the Gt3 will be in a few days and maybe at the same time or a few days later we will get the updated rain system and some other stuff. I can't understand the impatience

16. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

If you want a September update, S397 has until Saturday to produce a September update.. Chillax

17. andrea_274

andrea_274 Registered

This

18. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I think after Project Cars 2 release, the new rF2 UI will be delayed a lot more... That is a serious UI, I hope it inspires S397 guys.

Guimengo, pkelly and Dady Cairo like this.
  19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree with this. I appreciate S397 for supporting rF2. Without them we probably have got stuck some time ago.

However, most of the people who have been reporting bugs and suggesting changes for five years still haven't lost faith in rF2 and keep on doing it. We are perceived by many as enemies of the cause when in many cases rF2 is the only sim we have used in those years.

BeefyPeeg, Alex72, McFlex and 5 others like this.
  20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

So much THIS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.