Mod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Michael Juliano, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Some people have reported that components are getting installed into their "Core" folder, which is BAD. Please be sure that if you run Mod Manager in your rF2 install that you run it from the Launcher, or make a copy of it and put that in your install's root folder and run it from there.

Do NOT run it directly from the "core" folder.

If you're having problems with a mod you might consider if you've done this and check your core folder for any extraneous data...

Ryan Brady likes this.
  2. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

I did run the mod manager from the launcher, but my package was still being installed to the Core folder as well as the Installed folder.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@Scott...so is this a bug with the mas2.exe system or your tutorial?

4. SeKa

SeKa Registered

This is why I installed my last try in the following way as non C: installation:

X: rFactor2Installation/rF2_Core_Beta049/
    X: rFactor2Installation/rF2_Data_Beta049/

With much more success on XP 32 and Win7 64. I can Install now from Launcher or directly modManager in /Core. Quite contrary to other install versions in C: or one folder for all file, I was able to install the mods much propper switching modmanager over launcher and Core folder.

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Tangential question: can we delete files from the Packages folder once that content has been installed in the game?

6. Wrinkly Man

Wrinkly Man Registered

Bump

7. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Well, running the mod manager from core was never intended--it was meant to be started from the launcher. This is one of the reasons I suggest in my tut that you work from a separate working directory.

By the way, Tim is posting a vid tutorial I just made yesterday while I was putting together an internal testing mod. It covers the process from start to finish (mas files, components, modID, mod packaging---everything). Stand by for that. I thought it might be easier to actually follow the process by video rather than just trying to read your way through...

And, finally, yes we've found a couple bugs in mas2 that we have fixed and should correct a few issues folks have been having...

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i never ran the mod manager from the core btw...only from my working directory thats set up the same as yours...when i installed the package in my working directory with the mas2.exe...it would create a core folder in my working directory as it was installing as seen in pic below...

[​IMG]

then if i installed it with the launcher as per normal it would put files in my game core

cheers

9. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Sometimes everything's messed up when installing mods. i've seen so many problems...
    The ModManager should be much better, it doesn't work in any way for me (except when I installed the ISI mods for the first time)
    I tried to install MY mod 43 times, it only worked 2 times of it. Sometimes it just threw the MASes somewhere in a core directory in my projects folder, sometimes it threw them into the core game directory, sometimes it didn't even intall them at all, and it fails to verify more than just sometimes with no reason.
    It even tried to make me believe the mod is corrupted:
    ***Problem Mods***
    My Mod
    after showing the advanced informations, I was able to click on install, uninstall, update and properties at the same time. After klicking in the install button, in threw the mases into the install core folder again. I have to install the mod manually then. That's pissing me of... -.-'
    Please do something ISI! :(

10. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

I have a few questions, as I can do to get out the circuit I want the developer? I get the default of joesville, as I can do to get out any circuit?

11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

never mind found it!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017