FFB Asseto Corsa

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by dadaboomda, Sep 16, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hello.

I wanted to try asetto corsa for the supercars and the scanned laser nordschleife.

I had to do about 20 rounds of nordschleife with 15 different cars (450 km). Really I am FOR the MOST disappointed.

Realism has every point of view is very much lower than rfactor 2.
    The FFB is also disastrous with the settings I will give you.

I want to give the game a chance (for supercars and nordschleife). My settings FFB are 10 times better than those of origins BUT ALWAYS REMAIN BETTER WRONG in my opinion.

Your help would be valuable. I specify that I PREFER the opinion of users of rf2 and ac : That's why I post on this forum.

My settings :
    gain - 160%, I do not think I have clipping with t500RS.
    min force = 2%.
    Filter = 0%.
    Kerb, road, slip = 0%.
    Understeer effect = off.

Thank's

2. stonec

stonec Registered

There's no way the gain should be 160%. Even if there's no clipping, 160 gain will probably close to max out forces in most corners. AC FFB is a bit nonlinear I think in that it doesn't easily go past the clipping point no matter what settings you use, so you shouldn't adjust the gain with clipping in mind.

Ho3n3r and vegaguy5555 like this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

rF2 is pretty good right out of the box. There is a bit more you can do with AC. You need to go into the assetto_corsa ini file and set things like gyro and damping. Even with that you have to know what you're looking for.

When I was having problems with Bitdefener earlier this year AC was undriveable so I started using rF2 mostly and played around with Pcars. Pcars' complicated FFB settings really taught me what I was looking for in FFB. In my case is vertical movement (up and down). This is what I like about rF2. The wheel is never dead.

Here in rF2 I was taught how to turn off all the add ons in my wheel so I now have the purest unmolested signal.

Now after uninstalling Bitdefener and just using Windows defender with Malwarebites AC is very drivable. Feels a little like rF2 at time even. Although AC still feels a little floaty in comparison.

With Pcars I have to max out FFB gain to 100 and dial it down in each car. This wakes up Pcars in a big way.

ceecee likes this.
  4. Led566

Led566 Registered

Even if your gain is wrong, unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make ac ffb comparable with rF2.
    I think It is because of the completely different tyre and contact patch modeling.
    I have an OSW an trust me, I've tried everything.
    With the older versions of AC, ffb was better, now is fubar.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

i don't like AC myself either, AC's tracks are way ahead of rf2 though ( rf2's weakest point)

ffb in rf2 is the best in whole of sim racing imo

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

rF2 has more FFB detail then AC.

The guys in AC would say rF2 has exaggerated, 'canned' effect. Especially on the curbs in rF2, but when you watch a real life video of a race car driver's hands on the wheel, it is jerking on the curbs pretty hard.

rF2 makes you drive the car more because of the added FFB, which can make for slower times but I think more realistic.

This is most noticeable with the older cars with higher sidewall tires and more body flex.

Some cars are better than others. This goes for all sims!

7. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

got rF2, AC, Race 07,P Cars, Automoblista, D Rally, RaceRoom with an OSW wheel rf2 is by far the best i think.
    It just feels awesome not re subbed to iRacing which is meant to feel great too also.

I did get AC feeling allot better added the gyro to it and tried few settings from AC forums the new Simcube Firmware due out today at some point may improve it even more :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I can't remember what I did but I spent a few hours faffing around with LUTs, INIs and all sorts ages ago and got AC feeling great, whatever I did it made a huge difference and now every car feels very good out the box. Still not quite up to RF2s standard but certainly something I don't ever worry about, I feel most things through my T300 just fine so it's at a level I'm happy with.

vegaguy5555 and SPASKIS like this.
  9. pkelly

pkelly Registered

@MarcG - so you're saying your AC T300 magic settings aren't going to be available as a DLC? ;-)

vegaguy5555, SPASKIS and andrea_274 like this.
  10. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Actually, when you do the Lute generator you can turn minimum ffb to zero.

11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you for your answers.

I use almost exclusively rf2 to progress in driving.

Assetto corsa is not according to me adapted for this. The only positive point is the laser version scanned from the nordschleife (I'm a fan of nordschleife).

My "strategy" will therefore be:

- to use exclusively rf2
    - on the nordschleife (version laser scanned converted from assetto corsa)
    - use exclusively ISI cars or studio 397 which are "safe values" and which are quite varied
    - make hotlaps on the nordschleife
    - use the dallas karting complex for junior karts and drift in C6 ZR1