Getting a copy of rf2

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Sneer, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Sneer

Sneer Registered

Hello,
    I have bought rf2 a few years ago. I think I've bought it through the offical site, but I can't find the download any more. Looks like it is steam only now ?. Any tipps how to download again ?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. LulaNord

LulaNord Registered

Hi...I'm just mulling over whether to outright buy RF2 again on Steam and therefore retain my off-steam version, just weighing up the options and really wondering to myself if having it on Steam is really worth it right now...I guess in the long run it is (can eventually "give up" the off-steam one) and I have other Sims on there anyway...pay day tomorrow...I shall decide!

turnkey assembly

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Errrm, there is a download page - it's called the legacy download page:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/legacydl/

In terms of comparing the 2 versions though, I'd choose Steam any day of the week. With a decent internet connection, the handling of mod's and content via the Steam workshop makes life a LOT easier in my opinion. You can read lots of reviews and comments on mod's and it all just works nicely.
    Manual content can still be copied or downloaded from online, placed in the packages folder then installed through the launcher and the package manager denotes steam content with an asterisk, making it easy to ID any manually installed stuff.

...I keep a copy of the latest non steam version lying around as a backup, but I'm fully focused on the steam version since its release and Studio 397 has done a really, really good job with development in my opinion.
    Onwards and upwards with Steam :)

5. viya0414

viya0414 Registered

Basically steam only now.

hdi pcb