Sim Racers 4 Life - Flat 6 Porsche League - Round 1 - Road America

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by gorgias1976, Sep 11, 2017.

1. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

[​IMG]

Sim Racers 4 Life welcomes you to our 2017 autumn season.
    In this league we will race the Flat6 Porsche. This car is ready for close battles, simple in its setup and easy to drive at the limit. Rear tire management can be an issue so finding the balance between aggressiveness and smoothness can be the key to the victory.
    This first round will take place at Road America. This track is a great opening for the season. Having three fast sections will make overtakes a constant during the races. Rear wing setup can be a bit of an issue.

SR4L wishes you good luck for the season.

Race day Information

2 x 14 laps

July 9th 2017

16:25 GMT (17:25 BST - 18:25 CET - 12:25 EST)
    120 minute practice
    18:25 GMT (19:25 BST - 20:25 CET - 14:25 EST)
    30 minute qualifying
    19:00 GMT (20:00 BST - 21:00 CET - 15:00 EST)
    --7 minute warmup--
    race 1 - Formation lap (*) + 14 laps
    --7 minute warmup--
    race 2 - Formation lap (*) + 14 laps

1 mandatory pitstop must be done every race with all four tires changed.

Track, car and mod will be automatically downloaded the first time you get in the server (in case you don't have them installed).

Server Settings

Server name: !SR4L Modern league
    Mechanical failures: Normal (*)
    Fuel usage: Normal
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Damage: 50%
    Auto Clutch on

(*) New features this season

To get race day password visit http://www.simracers4life.com

Weather forecast at Road America for September 17 at race time (will be periodically updated until race day)

-Skies: cloudy
    -Humidity: 70%
    -Temperature: 24ºC
    -Wind: 18km/h from West

Note:
    Autumn Modern and Classic League post including rules and Calendar http://www.simracers4life.com/index.php?topic=1846.0
    Please read our "Sim Racing Etiquette" post http://www.simracers4life.com/index.php?topic=828.0
    Please read our "Members Expectations" post http://www.simracers4life.com/index.php?topic=70.0

Don't hesitate in joining Sim Racers 4 Life http://www.simracers4life.com

Please check this post periodically for posible changes.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Weather forecast update, final forecast before the event.

-Skies: cloudy
    -Humidity: 70%
    -Temperature: 24ºC
    -Wind: 18km/h from West

3. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Clicking on the link for new SR4L activation email has supposedly sent them too me about six times now....except that I never get them (or they are invisible). Not in my inbox, not in my junk. I've tried this with SR4L using two different email addresses now too. Any help (from someone at SR4L) would be appreciated.

4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

There was an issue about that, I'll pm Paul Swire (the admin) about it.

Pasword for the event will be Flat6America (in case you can't register because of the mail issue)

Mauro likes this.
  5. Christopher Snow

Well, thanks for the help, and I guess we will see if it gets sorted. If not, I can't join it seems: "Package Not Available" error, so I don't even get to a server password query. Same is true, fwiw of SR4L 1 (the Caterham server). I CAN join server 3 as well as Brian B's "!F3 Fanatics 917K!" (both running the same car).

I will see if I can't build a setup for the Flat6 offline, just in case.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  6. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Christopher, I have activated your forum account for you so you should now be able to log into the forums.

Not sure why you are getting "Package Not Available" error. The server is set to auto download to you if you do not have the rfm file. Server is not yet passworded we only password the server during the final practice, qualy and race.

gorgias1976 and Mauro like this.
  7. Christopher Snow

Thanks, Paul. Still getting that today on servers one a two, but can join three. I assumed you had something proprietary going on 1-2.

[EDIT: One of your members thought it might be because I don't have the track (Kya '76). Seems possible. I'll let you know if I figure it out]

[FOLLOWUP: And, Indeed, that's what the problems were (two of them). Kya '76 was updated to v1.01 (found a link in the "Autumn Leagues" thread in your forum at SR4L), and a link too to Flat6...which I incorrectly thought was part of the Endurance Mod. You had a link to that too, so I'm sorted now. Thanks again for the help]

Won't be racing this Sunday because of (American) Football...but maybe some of the rest down the road.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017