Share your OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.

1. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

new OSW user looking for help (IONI Pro HC + small MiGE) in-game settings and edit files and etc. ? to make rF2 feel connected and good with my OSW. any suggestions?

2. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

This is controller file i use for simcube small midge 10000ppr encoder
    i also use these settings below for Dirt Rally/P Cars and AC from Box this laps web blog with nice results good base to start at :)
    https://boxthislap.org/mmos-settings/

rF2 feels awesome i am definitely quicker with it too :)
    max force in MMos is at 50% to 60% normally at 55%
    in game multi's between .50 to .65 for GT cars and as high as 1.35 for some F1 type cars.
    Start low .50 from the standard 1.0 in game Multi then increase to you liking :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  3. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

Used your controller file to set up my small Mige and it feels really good.

One question do I have to set the steering angle in MMOS on the same level as in the game?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    SimonJ likes this.
  4. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

You need to set it manually in MMoS tool every time you change a car, once you are in the garage, under Controls tab you can take a look what steering angle is car using, then you ALT-TAB to MMoS tool and chage the wheel angle.

You can then either save the MMoS profile for each car you are using so you can load it later, or just quick ALT-TAB to MMoS and change the angle manually like explained above. I personally have one MMoS profile for RF2 and then just changing the steering angle as needed.

sman likes this.
  5. patrickkluiters

Ok, thanks. It is clear now.

6. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

I have 5 settings for rF2 in MMoS !

7. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Here is my current settings for OSW with Simucube, small Mige 10k encoder

For steering resistance damping is used. The goal was to enhance the feedback
    from the tyres and have curb and road feedback on an realistic level.

The Nm is set to 20Nm in controller file.
    For the Aston Martin I use factor 0.48 and no FFB filter in-game

To use your existing setting, make a copy of your controller file and copy the FFB settings to your file here:
    osw1.PNG

MMos setting this:
    osw2.PNG

So why so much filter? The filter will dampen the rumble over curbs and jolt when hitting stuff.
    If you want more crisp FFB lower the filter, but I think this gives an more realistic FFB.

Comment and suggestions always welcome :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    patrickkluiters and SimonJ like this.
  8. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

i have lowered all filter in mmos used 3 to 5 on overall and 0 on effects. even had 0 and 0 then added any in game if required.
    depends on car and track max force is at 55% to 60% thats plenty for me using .50 to .65 multi's
    still playing but feels so good not messed with it for a while :)

patrickkluiters likes this.
  9. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Bozak likes this.
  10. patrickkluiters

I saw it. But it is for me not very clear how to install it. I already using MMos, ofcourse.

11. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

start here need the bootloader app from here :) was very easy to do :)
    http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1533/PF257916
    then Simcube firmware from this page
    https://github.com/SimuCUBE/Firmware-Releases

follow this guide to flash Simcube with new firmware first :)
    when turning off simcube to cycle power after updating firmware wait a minute before turning back on for first time.
    https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Ins..._SimuCUBE_into_Device_Firmware_Mode_.28DFU.29

then run the new supplied Simcube app supplied in dowloaded firmware to update it.
    in the config wizard that starts use the “my Ioni already works” option in the Motor Configuration wizard as there is no need to upload any new motor settings
    im using reconstruction filter of 5 and 470hz torque bandwidth limit on Simcube settings
    [​IMG]
    Bootloader Installationedit | edit source
    This step must be done only if you have not previously installed a SimuCUBE bootloader. Generally this is the case if your current SimuCUBE firmware is of version 0.5.x or earlier or when migrating from the 3rd party MMOS firmware.

If Using MMOS - Enable DFU mode and install the supplied SimuCube Bootloader DFU file using DfuSeDemo which is available here: http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1533/PF257916

NOTE: Once DfuSeDemo has successfully installed the SimuCUBE Bootloader using the MMOS method click on the Leave DFU mode to reset your SimuCUBE back to run mode. You will need to cycle the power waiting a few seconds in between Power Down and Power Up to get Windows to recognise the new HID Device titled “SimuCUBE in firmware update mode”. The Leave DFU mode will not work when using the dip switch “Case C” method as described below.

Instructions for installing the firmware with DfuSeDemo are included in the link below. In addition If you are unable to get MMOS to enable DFU mode, setting DFU mode will need to be done manually, this process is covered as “Case C” under “Setting SimuCUBE into Device Firmware Mode (DFU)”:

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Ins..._SimuCUBE_into_Device_Firmware_Mode_.28DFU.29

If the bootloader firmware fails to install using any of the methods above (retaining MMOS functionality) please try removing the SimuCUBE Bootloader DFU file directly from the .zip package to your desktop rather than extracting it with the entire .zip. We have found that the standard Windows .zip extraction can corrupt the files when extracted together.

Successful bootloader installation and startup is noted by the SimuCUBE status LEDs located next to the green power LED lighting up one-by-one, after which they will go off with the power LED remaining lit.

Bozak and biancazzurro like this.
  12. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

Simonj could you please share your settings in simucube config tool and in the simulator? which motor do you own? thank you

13. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

hi
    Small midge 10000ppr incoder :)
    only settings i changed were 450 deg wheel and reconstruction filter of 5 and 470hz torque bandwidth limit on Simcube settings with max force of 55%
    my controller file is here :)
    using .45 to .50 ingame multi on URD EGT mod :)
    have friction at 0.50 and damping at 0.50 in SimCube too
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/share-your-osw-settings.52499/page-8

biancazzurro likes this.
  14. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Is this only for SimuCUBE kits?
    I have IONI HC + Mige 10 motor, but bought before Simucube kits were out.

SimonJ likes this.
  15. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

yes it is new the firmware for the SimCube :)

16. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

For now it is only SimuCube as of my understanding due to hw differences.

For MMos users the upgrade was very easy, short version (it was a bit of reading):
    1) Enter DFU with MMos

2) Load SimuCube bootloader with the ST DfuSe Demo software

3) Start SimuCube software and it will install the firmware, read back old servo settings and initialize the wheel.

I'm tried it yesterday and with little tweaking in the tool (json file unchanged), the overall impression is that the feedback is more detailed but still smooth, the heavy curb feedback is less (could be track specific) and road feel is better. Not to say is was bad before, but there is an noticeable improvement.

I'll post my SimuCube settings later when I have tried them a bit more.

SimonJ and patrickkluiters like this.
  17. paullv

paullv Registered

Hi all,

Please see my settings below:

Small Mige, SimCube, 450 W

Granity:
    MCC=6
    MMC=8.5

MMC controls the power output, not MCC. I don't know why but its is true!

I feel that 20 Nm (MCC=10, MMC=12.5) is way too powerful for racing simulator. I use the OSW system for sim racing, not for body building!

TED=1.25
    TED=0.5
    TEI=0

MMos:
    Max Force= 100%
    Overall Filter=10
    All Effects and Filters OFF

In rFactor2:
    Smooth level=9 (I know most people set this to 4, but I prefer a smoother FFB)

FFB Multiplier=1.0 (GT cars=0.75)

rFactor 2 Controller file:
    "Rumble strip pull factor": -1.0
    "Steering torque capability":13.2

The above settings give me the best feeling.

P.S. I also use the same setting for AMS:
    360 pure, FFB=100%
    In realfeel config file: reduce each cars' MaxForceAtSteeringRack by 30%. eg. change MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-3000.000000 to MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-4000.000000.

Try it and let me know your thoughts!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    sman likes this.
  18. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Hi using Simucube firmware my Max force is at 55% to 60% max thats way plenty for me with .45 to .65 multi's in RF2

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  19. paullv

paullv Registered

Thanks SimonJ, I will upgrade to Simcube firmware when they release the official version. :)

20. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

I jumped in on recommendation by guy who supplied my wheel to the first Public Beta I really like it.
    I even flashed to latest beta 20 mins before my league race on Sunday it felt even better. :)
    Certainly understand waiting for non beta build to arrive :)