Competitive racing and which league to choose from?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peyo Peev, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

Since WFG Campaign was successful and brought many people from different sims, including me from AC a lot will be wandering around where to drive.

I found out already that FSR - Formula Sim Racing is the most competitive of them all, but since they are running F1 Official Calendar there aren't much races left till the end of the season.

Which are the other options? Are leagues here just pop up, collect competitive drivers and finish or there are serious leagues running constantly serious racing?

I think this will be valuable to other new rF2 sim-racer, besides me.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There are the guys at simracing.club, but they are probably full too, but you should give it a try. IRG World, XtremeRPM, United Racers League will start a GT3 league soon on a thursday if I remember right
    And many others I don't know

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Timezone? Language? Other priorities?

4. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

Timezone Europe. Language English. Most competitive as possible.

5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I'm not going to promote my community because we are mostly italians, instead i suggest you to take a look at RaceDepartment.
    I joined them few weeks ago and i've found nice and fast people, club races are very competitive. Tomorrow i'll take part in the new championship with F. Renault 3.5, i'm sure it will be very competitive.

6. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

I had tried RD in AC and the field was far from very competitive. It was nice and organized, but not what i am looking for. In the WFG challenge i was around 2 tents from the fastest times so mostly im looking the next option after FSR. Is it only simracing.club?

7. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

2 tents but from who? The leader, the top 10, top 50, top 100 or? Never tried AC, but trust me in RD (rf2 & ams), there are some of the fastest driver. Take a look at some results of the RD Le Mans Series and compare your laps.

Mostly of the top 20 drivers in the Time Trial Challenge (AMS) are actually racing in RD.

8. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

From the 3rd round 2 tents from the leader. I took me some time to adapt to rF.

I'll check their times and do some testing then.

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Most leagues that are not iRacing has just a few aliens so you wont be much lucky in this I suspect

10. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

So it comes down to iRacing or FSR?

iRacing pricing politics really annoys me and I really liked how rF2 handles the cars. But seems I have to go there....

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well, rF2 will bring a competition system that looks like will have skill based rating too (similar to iRacing) so maybe you'll find it in near future. Let's see how it goes and how much people stick to the game in next months

12. Comante

Comante Registered

Statistics show that estremely talented pilots are just a little percentage of the whole sample. You will never find a place where they are all condensated in a single league.. unless you start to pay them to partecipate in a particular championship.

13. Comante

Comante Registered

..But, if you join a well populated league, and your deeds will be on par with your words, I bet in a little time good drivers will join to compete against you or to learn from you. Sometimes it's not about what leagues can do for you... but what you can do in a league. :D