Lock to horizon function for VR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lewi6, May 7, 2017.

1. blagger

blagger Registered

Has anybody had any success with the Real Head Motion plugin?
    I tied several settings in the RealHeadMotionRFactor2.xml and it didn't really improve the situation.
    iracing and AC is so smooth and pleasant, but this constant shaking in rF2 is starting to really bother me. I hope that Studio 397 can come up with a solution.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

I'm not sure, if I really fiddled around with the setting or if I left them at default, but here's what I have in my RealHeadMotionRFactor2.xml
    Code:
    <RealHeadMotion>
    <!-- Type =  Inertia / LinearRegression / LockToWorldHorizon / LockToCockpit -->
        <Filter Name="PitchFilter"    Type="Inertia"    Min="0"        Val="0.99"    Glance="0.4"    Offset="-2"    />
        <Filter Name="RollFilter"     Type="Inertia"    Min="10"    Val="0.90"    Glance="0.75"    Offset="0"      />
    </RealHeadMotion>
    However, I'm not using VR at all, but only Stereo 3D.

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

RFactor 2 need a lock to horizon fonction. In VR, not having it kills the immersion. Hopefully it is on top of the list of future improvements, there is more than good physic to simulating racing a car.

Lewi6 and mike.m like this.
  4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Im sure you guys have tried this & everything under the sun but for me these adjustments helped some of the bounce ..
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) 08.14.2017 - 22.19.40.01.jpg

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

Thank you, it is not so much about limiting the bounce as more to prevent any bouncing of the horizon, the car can bounce, it does IRL. In VR it is very important.

6. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Registered

Iv gone on about this problem alot because the vr potential is there. Editing a file works on raceroom so it can be done with the isi engine .I don't understand why it's being ignored!

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Anyone try this in VR? Can't get it to work.

8. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Registered

It will not work in vr Iv tried it more than once!

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Might have to do with some .dlls, as the latest RHM for AC works in VR.

10. genius69

genius69 Registered

I hope to solve this problem soon in VR because all the rest gtaf / fps is really great but for now unusable with this horizon / nausea problem.

11. Milopapa

Milopapa Registered

Don't get your hopes up - it's been months since the last update and they haven't even really acknowledged they want to fix this.

12. Michael Thompson

Michael Thompson Registered

I hope they read the forums. They are making great improvements but It os still the only game that I can't really play in VR for a long period of time. I really want to do endurance racing here.

13. genius69

genius69 Registered

I am confident since it is from the first rFactor purchased in 2005 that I believe this sim

14. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

To be fair, the whole team are flat out on multiple projects and have been for months.
    Just because they haven't replied here does not indicate they are not aware of the issue.
    Most of the devs are also VR users and have a growing list of things to implement over the next weeks/months/years.

As a VR user myself, I too find it frustrating at times with things I'd like to see done, but I'm also very aware that the percentage of people actually using VR is still relatively small.
    I'm sure there would be even more complaints from non VR users if the dev team focused all their efforts on VR to the detriment of other areas of the sim.

It's basically a balancing act.

WiZPER and MarcG like this.
  15. Milopapa

Milopapa Registered

You're a bit over-protective, aren't you? I haven't criticized the team, there's no need to defend them
    I merely pointed out that it's not likely this is going to be fixed soon.

16. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Not at all, and I'd like all sorts of options added to VR, including lock to Horizon.

But anyone reading your post might come to the conclusion that S397 don't respond to questions or problems from its user base has and that they don't really care too much.
    I'd like to clear that bit up that they do respond and if you jump on discord, they are there daily responding to questions directly from rfactor 2 users.

If anything, the biggest criticism I have of S397 is maybe they are taking on too much at once for the size of the team.

All that said, I still agree. Lock to horizon is a feature much requested and needed for many VR users who suffer a little from motion sickness.
    I also agree, it's not likely to appear until many other things are resolved elsewhere in the sim.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Luckily I can play VR for hours, without the slightest discomfort ☺️

vittorio and Prodigy like this.
  18. genius69

genius69 Registered

Try turning 30 min. with the karts and then tell me if you do not have nausea ... at least you've got the way to fix the horizon

Lewi6 and Ernie like this.
  19. Lewi6

Lewi6 Registered

+1. I recently bought the new GT3 cars and wanted to try them out after a long hiatus due to no lock to horizon feature being implemented. I started getting a little nauseous. I want to spend more time with rf2 than I have. I miss it a lot. Please Devs. Give us a lock to horizon function. Pretty please.;)

Johngrim64, genius69 and Ernie like this.
  20. genius69

genius69 Registered

Please!!!! will remedy the problem by Christmas...make this gift!!! ;)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Johngrim64 likes this.