Nordschleife..........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Aug 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Good morning.

I wish to address a controversial subject.
    But I do not wish to enter into endless debates or even to provoke animosity.

I explain in two words why this topic is important to me:

- I am an absolute enthusiast of the Nordschleife
    - For me (FOR ME, I respect the opinion of others), I can ONLY play on a laser scanned version (requires passionate).
    - The nordschleife is (OF MY VIEW) the best circuit in the world:
    * The most beautiful and the most immersive
    * The most mythical, with a great history
    * The best circuit to judge a performance of a car
    * The most used circuit to improve supercars and racing cars
    * THE circuit of records, hotlaps, the reference circuit to judge which are the most efficient cars of the world
    * 21 km: requires enormous concentration
    * 154 bends: few tight turns but a variety of huge turns (100 laps = 15400 bends and 2100 kms ........)
    * The circuit that could be a hillclimb from its physiognomy
    * The circuit or anyone can go very easily : no need for arches, helmet not mandatory I believe ....
    * The most dreams circuit in the world
    * If you look carefully, the circuit that has been the most talked about in the last 5 years on the forum (ISI): this circuit is ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA expected in scanned laser and Studio version 397 IN DLC NO SOUCIS, many would be ready to pay 25 euros for a very good laser scanned .... that I can really assure you !!
    * The climate of this circuit is very favorable to the finesse of a race: it rains frequently on 1/4 of the circuit and not on the rest. And when we go back 7-8 minutes after it is partly dry ..... differences of real temperatures, wind etc ......
    * Vibrators difficult to tackle for many
    * Unlike other circuits, at least 1/3 of the road exits generate an accident
    * Manage the tires on 2 laps ..... must do it!
    * Enormously of videos / pictures / informations relative to this circuit that make the link with rfactor 2 ....
    * And many other things, but I will not spend the day there !!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY I DO THIS? (Not for debate ...)

- I implore studio 397 to make a version ******* LASER SCANNED ******** of the Nordschleife ..... in DLC of course and has a PROFITABLE price for studio 397. - In the meantime, I would appreciate very much that a passionate modder passes the scanned laser circuit existing on rfactor 2 IN DIRECTX 11 (* OK * it is a converted version "illegal" .... if you knew the number of people who use this version I was asked by MP at least 8 or 9 times in the last 2 years ...... just look at what is the most used circuit in multiplayer, while this is the most dangerous, difficult, Technical and difficult to memorize in the WORLD: that's a sign, no?

Concerning the legal version on rfactor 2 made by quality modders:
    Frankly, thanks to these modders. Nevertheless, this circuit is:
    - graphically irreal (I did not say ugly)
    - unrealistic at the level of the route
    - bumps, descents and ascents, cant etc. Unrealistic (totally false). The circuit is pleasant and is suitable for anyone who did not have a particular affinity for the nordschleife.

Please, I am not looking for endless debates or for animosity.

2. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

They already said they're not doing it. It costs too much and for all we know Kunos, the creator, doesn't want rF2 to have it or can't if he is bound by contract with someone else.

Can't believe you actually explained a race track to people who actually make race tracks and what DLC is. Like brah... they know.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  3. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I'd pay DLC pricing for an official Nords (24Hr Version at least). To be honest I am happy to pay for any official content that interests me.

However Nords 2.01 is very good (though a DX11 update would do no harm ;)). When that sun sets and then the spotlights come out...great atmosphere.

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Which were the "two words" ?

Anyway, I love the V2.01 Nords.
    Have done many races there incl 24 hrs.
    Driving past the camp fires at night. Greeting the dawn.

Maybe you are right, I dont know as I have not driven the real one. I guess I would be unhappy if Mt Panorama -Bathurst wasnt accurate as I know that track.

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Do I wish they would do this,damn right as long as it included the nurbgp and all versions.
    From what I've gathered no Dev team can take their laser scanning trucks and scan the track,the people who own the nords do not allow that,but they do sell the rights to the data,that's how ac got it and iracing.

Last I heard it was between 5-8k but that was from a dodgy source.

I'm sure if it was financially viable s397 would do it,let's just hope the future makes it so

6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

^^^^^^^^^^
    coff coff thanks Kunos and the guys who made the conversion coff coff

Louis likes this.
  7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

As far as I know the modder did it all wrong by not using the (non-graphical) bump-map (that exists in AC) for the driveable surface.
    So: Although it is laser-scanned, in rF2 it´s only half the fun/truth.

8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@peterchen : I didn't know, that's a Bad news. Someone Can confirm that ?

Thanks for the information

9. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

You could do this another way - crowd source the cost to acquire the data. If the target is not met, refund the money

10. Ernie

Ernie Registered

The v2.01 Nordschleife for rF2 has great track atmosphere and is very well-made.
    However ..... at the point where i got used to driving the laserscanned Nordschleife (in AC, iRacing or R3E), i can't go back to the Com8-Nordschleife anymore.
    In previous years, where a laserscanned Nordschleife did not exist, the Com8 version was the way to go, and i really appreciate the big effort to build it from scratch. But times have changed with more and more sims getting a fully licensed and laserscanned Nordschleife, which is absolutely great.
    But it also "ruined" my joy driving the Com8-Schleife, because of the very noticable differences in layout. After knowing the laserscanned one, there are so many corners in v2.01 Nordschleife, which feel wrong now, because of different cambers, radius or bumps.

So yes ....... a DLC with an officially and laserscanned Nordschleife in rF2 would be fantastic, and i would definitively pay for it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Ozzy, Alessio Feletto, hugpp and 9 others like this.
  11. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

So yes ....... a DLC with an officially and laserscanned Nordschleife in rF2 would be fantastic, and i would definitively pay for it.[/QUOTE]
    +1

12. Filip

Filip Registered

+2

13. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Yes it's true, in AC you drive above invisible high-density meshes, the rF2 conversion uses the visible ones. However, i have not found any strange feeling, instead, with the Nissan GT500 i have found the best feeling possible with this car.

Guimengo likes this.
  14. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

A few considerations:

- Kunos does NOT own the laser-scan data of the Nordschleife. In fact, not even iRacing team can go there and laserscan the track. First you must pay the fee to license the use of the track name in your simulator. And then, if you want the laser scan, you must contact a Nurburgring partner (a German company) and they will sell you the laser scan data. That's what they did for all licensed and laser-scanned tracks which includes R3E, AC, iRacing, etc. It's the same laser-scan data for all of them;

- The freeware version made from scratch is a rough approximation of the track. It's good, but the heights of the track, the cambers, and so on are waaaay off in most of the track. While the 2D layout is not bad, the 3D representation of heights is. While that particular one isn't too good, you have a few options: drive it on one of the simulators that have it licensed and laser-scanned, or drive it on GTR Evolution, which was considered the best NOS for PC simulation at the time and still is a very good approximation of the real track (much better than the freeware one for rF2). It's really cheap and the physics is based off of the ISIMotor 2.

If you have bought Assetto Corsa then IMO there's no problem in driving the rip track.

- I'm not totally in favor of a DLC that contains just the NOS. If the price-to-content ratio is good (like AC's Dream Pack 1), than I'm all in. But if the price is horrible like on R3E and iRacing, I simply won't buy it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    IgnacioK and Tackset like this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Edit: nvm :) ;)

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

i can't even bare the thought of trying one or the modded non laser versions

use a laser scan -no brainer, i'll buy rfactor2 laser Nords no probs

AC & iracng use the exact same point cloud,
    but iracings tires seem to actually touch it for an currently unbeatable experience of this track

17. nurogize

nurogize Registered

I don't care if it's laser scanned, the GTR Evo version is light years ahead of the Com8 version, and it's not LS. It's disappointing we don't have a realistic version of this track on rFactor 2. The conversion from AS is unusable/unraceable with it's 35 fps & constant stuttering.

PCARS2 isn't laser scanned, but still offers a great "real life" experience; but unfortunately is limited to a maximum 32 car grid. BTW I don't own PCARS2.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Wasn’t there a mention that an official laser scanned version is coming to rfactor2 ??

Quality official laser tracks Rfactor 2 urgently needs

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Nope, I'm not aware of any official source mentioning Nordschleife. Seeing as endurance cars have appeared lately, it would be cool to have more tracks that support endurance racing. Le Mans for example is a track that exists in very few sims, so it would be cool to have as well.

20. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Sry, but after you Race a laser scanned version you can't go back to a non LS version, trust me.

Ernie and Jeferson Richart like this.