Released Zandvoort 2017 is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Not sure, if its known ;-) but there are no drs zones set. @Richard Hessels

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    The Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

If you watched latest fia f3 races (and dtm race) you can see how modern Zandvoort is a wrost track for racing.
    0 battles and 0 overtakes.
    Totally unsuitable for modern cars.

Not a case that Master of Zandvoort is dead.

If you have time to lose this are latest races:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Guimengo likes this.
  3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Saw yesterdays race. Totally untrue.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yestw
    Yesterday race was boring as hell. One of the worsts of the season. Overtaking was extremely difficult. Compared to Moscow's 2nd race were we had superb overtakings.

Mauro likes this.
  5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Ya, ok, but 0 fights and 0 overtakes is just not true! There weren´t many though, I agree on that.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I watched the race and had a very different view. I really wonder what is necessary for people to say a race is exciting nowadays? You want as much overtake as a NASCAR plate racing? Or something like IndyCar mega superspeedway draft effect on a road course?

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

As I said Moscow race was awesome. Plenty of action and the ones coming to pits early struggling on last laps. Yesterday I only enjoyed a few overtakings. Rene Rast with new tires got stuck behind DiResta and fun was over.

It was too difficult to overtake even having a car more than one second faster.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Not NASCAR, but it would be cool to see some overtakes. Let's see what happens today when the WFG McLaren round 2 race takes place at Zandvoort. I think it will be a formation, but I hope I'm wrong. At least the slipstream values were changed a bit, but I still think the straight is too short to get alongside.

9. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

True story, best tracks to drive are always the worst to race: Zandvoort, Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Monte Carlo, Hungaroring, and more more more..

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What time is the WFG race?
    Any broadcast link?

11. stonec

stonec Registered

@SPASKIS I think around nine or so CET, follow McLaren YT and Twitter accounts for link.

SPASKIS likes this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks @stonec !
    I already found a link in FB.

13. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I think that's true. Small, twisty, bumpy, technical tracks, often with small runoff areas, are really fun to just drive and do many laps, but when the light goes green, it's all one big parade, waiting for someone to make a mistake.
    It think it's often also true the other way around, the tracks with the best overtaking possibilities probably have long wide boring straights

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You're joking right!? I've seen some incredible races at Brands (in real life and tv) in all different kinds of formulas, plenty on tv at Oulton as well!

Mauro likes this.
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yesterday DTM race was very similar to the one on Saturday. Eckstrom had huge problems with tires for latest 20 minutes of the race. Thanks to his Audi mate's collaboration who slowed the path, he could maintain the 4th position that maintains him leading DTM.

Today is quite easy to use a sim to test things like this. I hope they could make changes to several tracks so that they show more interesting races.

Zandvoort, Hungary, Barcelona...nice tracks for low aero cars but not for DTM or F1.

Mauro likes this.
  16. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Fia f3, for me, is the most spectacular championship of motorsport.
    All races great battle, fight and overtakes.
    No artificial helps like drs, pit stop, fast tyres degradation or reverse grid.
    If this cars can't fight and overtake like at zandvoort, track has big problem for races.

P.S. Budapest fia f3 races were much better and interesting

SPASKIS likes this.
  17. sharjeelr

sharjeelr Registered

With regard to this. I have tried every possible solution in the book, a few (or many of which are):
    1. Disable power management in OTT as well as device manager on each USB port.
    2. Reduce SS to 1 and completely turn off AA, as well as tone down settings in rfactor 2 settings. Set to full-screen, windowed, ticked/unticked Agressive threading in Video Setup.
    3. Swithced between different USB ports, moved to USB 2 ports.
    4. Deleted my player.json, neighbour's player.json, infact completely uninstalled, deleted and then re-installed rf2.
    5. Uninstalled and re-installed rift home, steamVR , fiddled around with re-projection settings in SteamVR, etc, etc.
    6. Set ASW to on and then off and changed the NVIDIA settings wherever I could.
    7. Switched off GPU overclock.
    8. Moved from 2 sensor setup to single sensor back to 2 sensor. Moved my sensors around, shifting them up and down.

The thing is AC runs silky smooth without any glitches, which kind of rules out it's a hardware problem. Then I have also noticed that when these massive dropouts happen, the GPU fan kind of slows down and the GPU temps also decrease (like a notch in the temp and fan plots) for the duration of the drop outs.

I am a frustrated man now.

18. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Brands hatch was awesome with 1975 mod in F1SR league. Hard to overtake, but when you pull it of you get so good feeling.

Mauro and MarcG like this.
  19. Rolacka

Rolacka Registered

I have the same issue, looking left or right when I get in the car causes a freeze for several seconds also lined up at race start freeze.. then when I get going I get grey flashes every now & then this is with 3 sensors running, like you I have no issues in AC or PC or R3E or any other rift game for that matter, tried everything & still no joy, its not specific to this track for me but this seems to be worst. System is ok I use a GB Aorus 1080 with a kaby lake i5 @4.5 & 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram @ 3000, guess we can only hope it gets better with patches.

20. sharjeelr

sharjeelr Registered

Yes, mate. I do indeed get those grey flashes as well and nothing seems to resolve it. I thought it was the mods and then I tried stock S397 content and still same issues :(