Best realistic cars ONLY in terms of physics and FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Aug 22, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hello everyone.

What are the most REALISTIC RF2 mods?

The two ONLY criteria that I retain here in my question are:

- Very high quality PHYSICS
    - Very high quality FFB

I am looking to make an exhaustive list of the most realistic of the most realist cars.
    I only want to download (with one or two exceptions depending on the favorites).
    I ask you in your suggestions to offer me only the most realistic independent of the sentences / sound / immersion / directx 11 / graphics.

I think the subject is interesting ..?
    For me anyway that resumes rf2 after 1 year !!

Thank you all for your help.

Ps: I am looking for any kind of vehicles including kart, truck etc.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

One man's best is another man's worst. What you're going to get with this topic is what are popularly considered best rather than what are measured best.

Guimengo and The Iron Wolf like this.
  3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I would imagine no one here has driven most of the cars available, or driven them at race pace. So there's really no way of knowing if something is realistic or not.

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I correct :

So I do not ask you the most realistic cars of rf2, because we do not drive them to truth to check.

On the other hand, I ask you which cars and mods are of a Quality really irreprochable or almost (*** in terms of FFB and PHYSICS [[only]]] ***).

Frankly it would be very useful for so many people...

Of course every player will test and it would make his own opinion !!

So, regardless of graphics, directx 11, sound, immersion etc. Just the FFB and especially the physics.

5. Jon

Jon Registered

The 1966 Brabham-Repco BT20

Like most, I've never actually driven a 1960's F1 car (or any other F1 car for that matter), but it handles exactly like I imagined it would, and this car along with Spa '66 were the only real reason I bought rFactor 2. From the moment I loaded it and started driving, it just felt 'right' from the start.

I practiced and raced countless laps in the Lotus 49 in iRacing, a similar but more powerful car from the same era, but the BT20 far surpasses it in terms of physics and FFB. The FFB is quite weak when driven slowly, I presume due to the lack of downforce and the relative lightness of car, but at speed around the corner you can really feel it, especially exiting Stavelot at Spa '66, it pushes you in one direction then immediately pushes you in the other as you correct it. The car feels natural for its era, and it behaves how you would imagine.

It was also developed by the original developers, Image Space Incorporated, who also I believe made Monaco '66. It's only to drive around there in the evening to see the beautiful vintage street lamps reminiscent of a historic town at Christmas to appreciate just how much attention to detail they put into their tracks, so I presume an equal amount was put into their cars, even if, as with any car when discussing physics, the attention to detail can only really be felt, not seen.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  6. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

The way I see it, feeling tells nothing unless an actual race driver says "hey, that car is really on pont" :)
    What really matters to me is how much data was put into a car. I've seen so many highly acclaimed mods created with guesswork in terms of inertia, tyre data, and so on, that I really tend to give full simulation value almost exclusively to whoever made the simulator, e.g. ISI or Kunos or S397 now. I don't really rely on mods to tell me what is a very good approximation in behavior/physics/etc until proven that the data comes from racing teams and/or manufacturers.

That is not to say they're not enjoyable, of course. I subscribed to almost all rFactor 2 Steam Workshop content and I see myself driving most of the cars and tracks, and I plan to drive them all. (I have almost 90 GB of content, from the default rF2 installation and from Steam workshop content; and there's around 8 GB of additional mods downloaded in rfcpm format).

And although most might not contain a complete set of data to put into, they certainly give a rough idea of handling, limits, and so on.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    CamiloNino and Jon like this.
  7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

the idea this is purely subjective is preposterous if you consider rF2 an acceptable platform. some mods practically break it -- some popular ones, even. there are some quality mods & certainly some crappy ones; it's at least a start to point to the quality ones (+ ones to avoid).

MAK-corp's FW-24 & the 1988 F1 mods are 2 examples of the latter. the former has unlimited grip & no drag & the latter is undrivable with default settings due to the feedback you get both from the wheel & the aero-derived head movement.

Vinny Paul likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@yusupov Preposterous? Bit strong isn't it?

Sure, some mods are 'broken' with obvious inaccuracies. How do you judge the rest?

bwana likes this.
  9. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

AlanK likes this.
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

Best 'feel ' in a sim for me , 3 that come to mind BT 20 , F3 eve and the skippy . Others l enjoy for feel palatov , cobra and dissenter .

AlanK and Adrianstealth like this.
  11. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

setup changes can alter the feel of the car A LOT
    so same car model from another modder may feel very similar with the same setup options but very different with each ones default setup
    I felt like porsche 911 gt3 r in assetto corsa is very similar to the darche egt from urd in rf2 (same car, just fake name) when I had the (nearly) same setup on both

my advice would be to drive whatever feels best to you

how about you look for the content yourself and then try to get peoples rating of it
    like:

mod x
    physics (1-10)
    ffb (1-10)
    graphics(1-10)

mod y
    physics (1-10)
    ffb (1-10)
    graphics(1-10)
    (just an example)

and so on
    and then people just copy the list and give you their number

12. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Can i sugest my BMW 134 JUDD?No perfect in physics and the 3D model is not very good,but the sounds........ :D

13. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

One of my favorite car ever, the sound, the handling, the ffb! This car has a special place in my heart, RIP George Plasa, i was there..

Jon, patchedupdemon and Rastas like this.
  14. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Yep,same for me,i saw him here in my country in 2011,Falperra Hillclimb,Portugal,just an awesome driver and human.Also i go convert the BMW E36 320 JUDD from AC,i got permissions from the autor,and the Mercedes 190 RM1 hehe :D

15. Filip

Filip Registered

Brabham BT20
    Honda NSX
    Formula ISI 2012/Marussia
    Megane Trophy

avenger82 likes this.
  16. Bozak

Bozak Registered

My favorite is USF2000

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

personally, i generally wouldn't (w/r/t realism). i can only give my opinions on things like ffb & how it feels compared to how i imagine it should.

that has nothing to do with my larger point, which is that dismissing the OPs question outright because "no one here has ever really raced those cars anyway" isn't terribly helpful. as far as my word choice, it's simply accurate. another word would be "wrong". we CAN know that some mods are more realistic than others, & i don't even have to use hypotheticals or even obscure mods or mod groups to demonstrate this point.

18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Subjective of course, but URD EGT, URD T5, F1 2013, BTCC 1.2, ISI Stockcars are all of impressive quality in my opinion.

19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Pls sir give yourself more credit,this car is a blast,feels very solid all round.
    Ps everyone should try out rastas mods,so much fun to be had,so many smiles generated.
    I must say I'm not affiliated or on his pay roll lol.

20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I never say omg,but omg,two legendary cars added to your roster,you're doing us mere mortals a great service,thanks.