More pit stop functionalities

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Will Mazeo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Before pit animations appear in this game (if that ever happens) there are something pit related that would be nice to see, some of them need to come before that IMO
    1 - Mandatory pit stop
    With rfm options about what penalty the driver gets if he does not do his stop, if he gets DQ or time added to his result
    And also rfm options for what must be done in this pit stop, 2 or 4 tires, min time stopped, just a joker lap, etc.
    2 - Pit window
    #1 applies here
    3 - Full course yellow class order
    rfm option, like IMSA (not sure if other series do this) if one class pit first and the other after that during a FCY. But maybe if point 5 bellow is done this is not necessary.
    4 - Car repair in garage
    rfm + track option - either car gets pushed to garage when the person stops in his pit stall for repairs, or the driver himself get the car in garage or a path to "behind the wall" in case of American tracks or if that's where is garage stays.
    I think one of the files in the game already have a setting that let you choose how fast your "pit crew" will push you in pit lane if you lack fuel, right?
    Make it an rfm option like if repair will be longer than x minutes (at player choice) it has to be done in garage. This way you avoid ruinning people's race and more cars can share same stall, or just for the sake of immersion also add options to make all repairs done in garage :)
    5 - Dynamic pit stalls
    rfm + track option - area around your pit stall where if you stop you can get your service done, maybe directed by the game.
    For when situations like this happen

(starts @29:48 in the ADAC video)

Point 5 is probably very complicated, but if your crew could push you to help you leave would also nice and really immersive for the future, if it ever gets animated, if not tho, still cool to get some help to leave. But I imagine some rather hard calculations and codes would be needed for this, especially online.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Some of them should be quite easy to implement (1 and 2) and would allow several series to be better implemented.

I would also add mandatory tire change to the mandatory pit option.

The rest are lower priority IMO. It would be interesting to know how VEC and other endurance leagues are dealing with long repairs (one garage spot per car?)

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

mandatory tire change is part of #1, as you can read in the options you (admin) would be able to select what must be done in that mandatory stop
    While I like this most for online, offline players would also benefit from more immersion

I wish they'd just add some physic stuff like hybrid support and gearbox damage as fast and simple as possible. Then full focus on bug fix, features, 3d animations, graphics

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Mandatory (forced) pitstop was requested very often...would love to see that in the new UI...

bhendrik and jayarrbee36 like this.