rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

Gauss would be proud..

2. MikeyMan

MikeyMan Registered

Wow, i'm still quite a bit off the pace at a mid-39 lap... Don't see much room for improvement either. Maybe half a second, into a 38...

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

so trying to resist re-subbing to iracing to take part, I have all the needed content too

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Didnt realise Iracing was in as well , be interesting see if sets transfer or relate directly across both sims

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I am wanting to do a skin for my Avid Chronic Racing team mates that are thru to the Zandvoort race.
    Does anyone know where there is a template for painting?

7. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

In the templates folder in your rF2 install

David O'Reilly likes this.
  8. Stephen Bacchus

Stephen Bacchus Registered

/OT/ You can hardly be surprised Russ when 99% of the posts I've seen you make are constantly criticising the service. Act the same way here and no doubt you'd get the same reaction. /OT/

Guimengo likes this.
  9. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest McLaren update
    version 1.08
    • Improved drafting

10. patchedupdemon

Nope
    When I first started I praised the hell out of iracing,but it didn't take long for the amazement of racing other humans to wear off,and the glaring problems to ruin what is an over all well setup product.
    Some of my first critism posts were worded in a way to not offend the fanboys,with always quoting at the end,I love iracing etc.
    But I still got the same treatment,fanboys losing their shit because they became delusional about a product that they treat akin to a family member.
    I've critiqued this game too and had long grown up conversations about it,instead of getting the childish attacks like over there,there's no justification for attacking people who justifiably critique a game,it's just that a large portion of the iracing memberbase cant handle any critism.
    you know it's bad when they use the same old lame excuses to why bugs and most of the sim models over there don't work.
    They have had ten years $20 million funding and huge revenues and to me the state of the sim is unforgivable for what they are charging,if it was a one time fee I wouldn't be as bothered,just like here,rf2 has so many things wrong with it,but I can't be too hard because the money involved is on the complete opposite scale.

Anyway it seems you fine with people being told to go play in traffic and that there moms are prostitutes and they will run trains her,it's the club mentality.
    I'll repeat there is no excuse for attacking people for only saying truths,if I was making stuff up or twisting stuff way out of proportion,then yes I'd be asking for it.

I will say I've got some bad habits from that toxic place and I'm acting the same way over here,but I'm slowly dumping that crappy attitude tho.

pkelly likes this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

People complained they had to pay $5 to join the WFG now in iRacing it's $45 and after a year if you dont pay again you can't access the content :D :D :D

12. David O'Reilly

I was watching simpit last night. Shaun has really been enthusiastic about WFG.
    I did note that to participate in WFG in iRacing one needs..
    Subscription appr €70
    4 tracks appr €60
    1 car appr €15
    Total €145.
    Made me think of a post here where someone was complaining that you had to pay €7 for the car which was more than 50% of the discounted (lifetime) price of the sim.
    Total appr €25

13. patchedupdemon

Yeah it's crazy the prices they charge over there,but what's probably more crazy is,people are willing to spend it,when the sim side of things aren't no where near as a good as cheaper alternatives lol.

They got nearly £600 out of me in my first two years,and I won't re sub in sept until they actually make their models work as they advertise they do.
    The game as a whole is well put together,it's just that one could argue they are flat out lying and deceiving the customers by stating certain things,namely they have dynamic weather and surface models,the weather is static and random and doesn't change through the race session,and the surface model,marbles still don't work or the rubber going down doesn't effect the racing one bit,apart from the top tier oval series with a $10k purse.

I just wonder what it will take for them to actually produce what they claim to,another $20 mill or a direct competitor wink wink

14. David O'Reilly

Yes @patchedupdemon I am very happy with Rfactor2. I looked at other alternatives and RF2 was my choice.
    My simple mind figures that if a competitor is SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive it needs to be better.
    There is also that funny thing where a lot of fans of that other sim have an almost quasi religious zeal about it. Not all of them mind you, I have team mates that race at high level in both and stay objective.

It would be nice if RF2 had that same single pathway to the top of Open wheel racing that iRacing has. If you are there, that ladder to the top is interesting. With RF2 its strength being an open platform with all that diversity brings with it a harder thing to organise or centralise.
    Then again we all have what we need, races in cars we like in time zones we like. So maybe we are ok.
    It does bug me a little that the FSR World Championship doesn't get the view count that the iRacing WC gets.
    FSR offers the RF2 sim with all that entails (ultra accurate physics model, tyre model, 4 compounds incl wets, real time real world weather).
    iRacing offers more cash to the winner, which I guess you can do when you have all those subs washing around.
    Anyway, ramble over.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. yusupov

yusupov Registered

so i "lost" the mclaren GT3 (extremely limited disk space); i have rF2 more or less set up, content-wise, as i'd like it atm...is there a way to retrieve it without verifying the files?

16. Tackset

Tackset Registered

That is if you don't account for discounts. The pricing is weird, there are many promotions to make use of. iRacing will always be expensive/cost many monies regardless of promotions.

For the WFG they have a promotion for a 1 year subscription, the 4 tracks and the car for $49 (excluding VAT or equivalent).

Guimengo likes this.
  17. David O'Reilly

anyone seen a YT link for the Zandvort race?
    I have 3 team mates in there!!!! Hooray.

18. Tackset

Tackset Registered

19. David O'Reilly

20. br444m

br444m Registered

Congrats to everyone @S397 on another flawless qualifying round today. Very impressive to see all the new tech needed to host this working so well in the background. It gives rFactor 2 great exposure for sure.

I was wondering what platform will be used for the finals of the MWFG. Is it already decided?

Ernie and Tackset like this.