Released Zandvoort 2017 is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 11, 2017.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

The issue is extra PCI-E bandwidth use, which particularly applies to this track. Let me guess, you have and AMD FX or Intel 2nd gen i5/i7 chipset with lack of PCI-E 3.0 support. Setting aside the PCI-E problem, iRacing has no dynamic shadows or reflections, so expecting 1:1 FPS is an unfair comparison.

2. sharjeelr

sharjeelr Registered

When you guys say a stuttering mess, what exactly do you mean? Like a freeze for 3-6 seconds peppered with grey flashes in between massive freezes like those? For me this happens on FSR Spa and I have run out of potential solutions now.

3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Stonec, you are about right with my computer config. It doesn't have PCIe 3.0 support, and its an AMD 290X graphics card. So yes, you are right that in some ways the rF2 code is more sophisticated with dynamic lighting and with reflections; iRacing did just try adding more cubemaps and things for the latter and its basically unusable. Add the dynamic lighting to iRacing and it probably will collapse framerates. Both dev teams are going to have to be careful though to not make the hardware requirements so high that they lock out huge portions of their existing user base. I'm seeing that DX11 performs worse than DX9 here, where when iRacing did the change, they got about 10% more frames and less variation between frames, which reduced the stutters (i.e. the minimums didn't drop so low). Even iRacing though, I have tracks where I get 250+ frames on my own yet at the start of the race I am flirting with 60 at some tracks with a full grid (mainly its about 80). The CPU/motherboard is due for a major upgrade now; I generally replace the graphics card every couple of years but its gotten to the point now where the base system needs a refresh. It's become apparent that some of the graphical techniques, e.g. for VR, put a lot of stress on the CPU and the buses and that this can ultimately be the bottleneck. Though rF2 seems to be unique in how hard it stresses the bus, AC and pCars don't seem to have this issue.
    Sharjeel, in my case the stutters are very short duration (less than a quarter of a second) and really are a lack of smoothness, its jerkiness. What you describe is wholesale dropouts or stops/freezes, not the same at all. Often that sort of thing is a hardware fault (memory, power supply) and maybe even the device driver hiccup and restart, or a change in graphics mode while in fullscreen due to a background task interrupting the game. I'd look for culprits of overheating graphics card, and also ensure you have no other background tasks running.

sharjeelr and patchedupdemon like this.
  4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Pci-e@ 3.0 vs Pci-e@2.0 Is an old topic and it has been discussed ages. gMotor is still unchanged regarding Pci-e.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ng-pci-e-3-0-x16-with-higher-end-cards.45758/

6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

F1Aussie, jayarrbee36, AlanK and 3 others like this.
  7. filippu

filippu Registered

There was one guy that was posting stolen content and insulting everyone and could go on for more than a week, yet critic the game and the censor police hammers right away.

Louis likes this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

It's not criticizing when you 'insult' people on here, if your criticism is civil we will never erase that.

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

In both those cases they were swearing like no ones business when people challenged their ethics or opinion.

Out of all the forums I participate in,I think this one has the balance just right,they don't censor critism unlike warthunder,my god,the admins on there are power tripping,you can't speak negatively in anyway about that game without it resulting in a locked thread and 2week suspension.
    I'm just coming off my last two weeks suspension for calling one of the planes cancerous because it ends games in minutes lol.

It's refreshin to see the admin here not shy away from allowing critism to be aired and discussed

Juergen-BY and F1Aussie like this.
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I have seen the same issue on a friend rF2 installation, Zandvoort on the top of the track listing. Also i`m getting some weired ingame track listings, when i install Zandvoort. LimeRock Park appears twice, once with all layouts except allchicane and and the 2nd with the allchicane layout. When i remove Zandvoort, LimeRock Park appears as expected, one menu listing with all layouts. I have checked the Installation folder, no double folder or leftovers from previous track installations.

In the gmt folder of Zandvoort are some (IMHO) not needed files, e.g. a desktop.ini and the previous mentioned !missing_texture.dds as a scn file as well...

11. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I barely can imagine how PCI-E bandwidth could affect any game at all let alone a specific track which is part of that specific game... It's unusual to say the least.

The Iron Wolf and patchedupdemon like this.
  12. Christopher Elliott

Do you have any other community versions of Zandvoort installed?

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nope...nothing.

Attached Files:

14. Christopher Elliott

Try clearing your player file

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

MClaren at Zandvoort and Silverstone,

Bus usage PCI-e@3.0 x16, left side is Zandvoort max 59%, right is Silverstone max 35% Bus usage.jpg

Bus usage PCI-e@2.0 x16, left side is Zandvoort Max 76%, right is Silverstone max 69%
    Bus usage PCIe_2.jpg

FPS and hardware : https://forum.studio-397.com/index....017-is-now-available.57398/page-4#post-910133

gMotor has large communication not only with system RAM, but also with Virtual Ram. My usage were around 3-4 GB VRAM, System ram ~7.2 GB and ~11.5 GB of Virtual RAM (paging) with both tracks.

SPASKIS and MaD_King like this.
  16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Done, issue persist...even removed the All Tracks & Cars.cch.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just want to add: i installed Zandvoort and LimeRock Park into Moddev now and the same listing issue appears now in Moddev.

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

TBH I wonder why people in simracing expect same performance for all tittles, it's not like all shooters, all open world, all MMORPG will give the same performance inside that genre either, except when they use the same engine, and even then you'll find differences.
    Of course the PCI issue must be fixed, and should have been already

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Want to add, too: Had a look into Moddev, seems there it changes randomly? Uninstalled Zandvoort and reinstalled it and installed LRP. LRP layout in the 2nd menu listing is now Westbend, formerly it was allchicane.

Attached Files:

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

It looks to me that DRS zones are not set for this track correctly? URD T5 opens rear flaps all the time, which is usually the symptom of that. Is this a known issue? Thanks