VR cockpit FOV too high all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by The1Dijk, Aug 9, 2017.

1. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Ever since I got back from vacation and installed the latest patch my cockpit FOV is way too high in VR. Before it was perfect and whenever it was slightly off, just ctrl+space solved it. Now the key seems to be backspace but it doesn't help. I feel like a four year old kid sitting in the car with the steering wheel way too high. Only when I duck my head about 20 centimeters and then press backspace it feels kinda right again, but that's not the way I want to set it up every single time.

I tried to setup the room again in SteamVR a few times. That worked, but nothing changed when booting up rF2. Anybody else having this problem?

I'm using a Rift. Tried Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and everything was fine. So it's not the Rift. It is SteamVR that's doing something weird?

2. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

@The1Dijk yes, I have a rift and experience the same thing. tho not with all cars. It seems to happen most with the Enduracers mod as I like using the LMP2 open cockpit cars. But as soon as I try to adjust the position the position jumps lower and cannot be raised sufficiently so I can see over the dash/dials. I also have a problem with PCars cockpit position which is to the side of the driver. A.C. is working very well for me at the moment and is an absolute delightful drifving experience. In my estimation I would agree that SteamVR is doing something weird and it repeatedly keeps losing the correct viewing position.

3. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Good to see I'm not alone in this. I'll try the non-beta version of SteamVR tonight to see if that makes a difference.

Happens to me with the EGT mod by URD and with the Radical by 397 at least.

4. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Still the same problem sadly when I rolled back to the stable SteamVR version.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I take it the view in the Oculus Home is OK? When you're setting up in SteamVR use the Standing Option if you havn't already.

6. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Yep. And in the SteamVR room things are fine too. Just after starting rF2 things get weird. Never had that in earlier builds.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hmm strange one for sure and nothing I've come across, take it you've Verified all RF2 files? also updated to latest Rift software (1.17 I think)

8. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Yep, verified and on latest version rift software. It must be linked to SteamVR, since AC is working just fine.
    I'll try to see if I can find our whether SteamVR is causing trouble or if it's related to the latest version of rF2.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

SteamVR is known to be a bit of a bitch at times! Complete uninstall and reinstall of it has helped me in the past.

The1Dijk likes this.
  10. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Reinstall of rF2 and SteamVR did the trick. Not sure what was the culprit, but really glad it's solved now! I can race normally again. Thanks for the help Marc!

MarcG likes this.