Released Zandvoort 2017 is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 11, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

24 garage spots are listed on the track loading screen.

ryyu77 likes this.
  2. Uff

Uff Registered

What he said. The track itself is nice, but it seems to lack a lot of work on the shader side: tarmac in particular is very flat, it doesn't seem to react to sun light at all (or very little), even with PP on Ultra and all the graphical settings to Max. When driving on solo I don't have any performance issue, while watching a reply with the mentioned settings I get around 20 fps. Setting PP to High instead reply is fluid too.
    Looking forward to future track improvements.

3. AlanK

AlanK Registered

Time will tell, but the dark tarmac may be more about the artist's taste. My reaction to the new McLaren was similar, in that they seem to be going for what I would describe (without any intended criticism) as "dark and moody". Personally I prefer the brighter, lighter mood of an old Zandvoort mod and the shinier Apex GT3 cars. I don't think it would hurt the artists to turn up the "bling" a little!

Juergen-BY likes this.
  4. bwana

bwana Registered

As my wife skips past singing "Hey ga jij mee, Narr Zandvoort naar de zee” . I have no idea what she's babbling ;)

Eddy likes this.
  5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'm not dutch, but I think it's something like hey, walk with me to the sand castle near the ocean :D

bwana likes this.
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

I got the zee bit .. Sea ;)

Vitor Santos likes this.
  7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

absolutely love this track,so much fun in the fr 3.5,grid of 20 cars 120 fps same in replay,the only criticism i have is that on my t300 i have a wobbling ffb feeling like ive got a flat spot as soon as i come out the garage without hitting the brakes,also yeah the road is a bit dark.
    oh and i cant see when the flag drops at race start,ive looked everywhere,i cant see the starting lights or a flag being waved

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Why does it look & perform so bad on my PC ?
    Is just me ?

Tracks like Nola, lime rock , Monaco 66 look great & perform decently

9. patchedupdemon

Performs fine for me but does look a bit dark a moody

10. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I'm also having a pretty bad performance. About 30FPS less than in Silverstone on average with the same car. 110 vs. 80FPS.

Although the real problem is stuttering. Other tracks are running very smooth with less FPS or much larger jumps between minimums and maximums.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Performance issues. Maybe test unsub and resub. Even after unsub, delete the file(s) from "installed" folder. Not sure if it will help, but could be an idea. Also do the Cbash/shaders clearing. I havent tested this yet but will test in a minute.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Just tested. Fun with the F2 2012. Thanks S397! :cool:

Issue: i also have those black lines everywhere. Shadows on LOW. Ive never seen this in rF2 before so its new to me. Hopefully the devs know what it is. With 10 AI (F2 2012 S397) i had decent FPS. Most of the time 60FPS with tiny dip coming to pit straight. Didnt test the Macca there because i know it needs more FPS juice.

EDIT: Did some more tests with other cars and Zandvoort right now is pretty FPS hungry. Had under 60FPS all around the track with 15 AI. Tested with a range of different cars. Did the same tests on Silverstone and there was no FPS dip under 60. Maybe those black lines has something to do with the poor performance.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  13. patchedupdemon

I've just done a race where there was 20 cars,starting weather was overcast then graduated to sunny clear,started at 111fps,but finished the race at 121 fps.
    I wonder why some folks have it bad and other like me are having stable experiences

bwana likes this.
  14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Not sure, maybe the performance issues are related to a "!missing_texture.dds", wich is a well known error msg from a 3DSimED export...seen in the GMTs folder.

15. bwana

bwana Registered

Full grid for me and 95fps on grid then boosted to 130 with light cloud late in a 15 lap race. Look forward to LOD fixes as l have running shadows

patchedupdemon likes this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

Well I guess it depends what settings you run at, I assume you don't run with high shadows and things like that, which most other of us use. But compared to other ISI/S397 tracks, Zandvoort has somewhat lower FPS for sure. Then again it's v0.2, so probably things like LOD optimizations missing. Also McLaren is much more FPS heavy than, say, FISI 2012. You already get +-50% performance difference in rF2 depending on which car you decide to run.

Ari Antero and Emery like this.
  17. bwana

bwana Registered

Running everything max except medium shadows and road reflection off , full grid 650s and PP Medium.. specs on my profile

18. Emery

Emery Registered

It appears on all the tracks to some degree. Go look at Atlanta Motorsports Park for another prime example.

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I run at low track detail
    Shadows back to off

Zand is chop city so will not use
    & deleted

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

After some odd first running issues with the track it's now smooth in VR for me.