Released Zandvoort 2017 is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks all, just as my 76hr shift at work starts ..

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the track.

I had a strange VR issue, at first run the track was a stuttering mess, miss placed images all across the screen/view. I exited the game set PPD to 1.0 and restarted with low/off settings and it was the same issue, I just now tried it again and it's working perfectly fine :confused: no idea what caused the initial problem...which isn't helpful at all :p

4. Zoaal

Zoaal Registered

Thanks Studio-397!!!

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for the track. Maybe the aiw could net some tweaks, some Cars going on the grass and some are crashing into the rails because of that. Just to let you know...

zand_aiw_issue.jpg

Guimengo likes this.
  6. ryyu77

ryyu77 Registered

Thanks Studio 397.:)

Please how many box?

7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

At work now but will try it out later. In any case, I know I'm going to love it, Zandvoort is awesome!

Thanks S397.

8. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Thanks guys :)

9. Dhurara

Dhurara Registered

Thanks for releasing this beauty track! :)

I would like to know whether this Zandvoort was developed with LIDAR data or not.

10. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

First of all, thanks a lot S397 for this great track :) To get thisor free in that quality is just amazing.
    Just one thing I noticed straight away, is a small graphical issue. See both pics below. There are several lines in the gravel and grass, which disappear the closer you come to that area. In replay you see it best, but also when driving onboard. Maybe thats allready on yout to do list ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

fps not good for me, seems to be a lot of detail for my low track setting
    track surface seems very dead

visuals looks not good for me, very beta looking
    ( does not look like the pics in above post for me)

looking forward to laser scanned tracks as and when they come but only release when complete
    however Zands is a free track so thanks anyhow

12. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

firts give thanks for this fantastic track.
    I have oculus and mclaren at silvertones was very good in performance, but in this track, have a low fps. Switch to three monitors with multiview active and 45 fps.

Have i7 6700k, 16 Gb RAM and 980TI

Nice work anyway!!!!!

Jego likes this.
  13. Emery

Emery Registered

GTX1080 Triples fps with default weather (clouds)
    McLaren 10 AI, from back of pack, fps 35 to 70 (crap!). By lap 4, with 5-6 cars within sight, fps is ranging from 55 to 65.
    Clio Cup 10 AI, from back of pack, fps 65 to 90+ (good!). By lap 2, with 7+ cars still within sight, fps is ranging from 72 to 85.

Think I'll try lowering opponent details and running with sunny weather because at my end it ain't the track that's the reason for low fps.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  14. Emery

Emery Registered

This seems to be an artifact of the lighting engine. Happens regardless of DX9 or DX11. You'll notice the same effect on other tracks, with Atlanta Motorsports Park being one example that stands out in my mind.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  15. Emery

Emery Registered

+1

Also there's something screwy with AI when doing a rolling start. Happens with any road course. The lead pair will stay tight with the safety car, but then a h-u-g-e gap opens up to the next row. At Zandvoort, for example, the front row is taking the green flag while the rest of the field has not yet entered the final turn.

jayarrbee36 and Juergen-BY like this.
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

thanks for taking snapshots of this. It happens on Atlanta as Emery pointed out and on many 3rd party tracks. It might have to do with graphical setitng level, because I think sometimes it is gone, but hopefully this will get looked at :)

Thanks for the track S397 - I know where I'll have my next DTM race :D Love this track.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

The good bits: the scenery beyond the track is modeled, details like the ever-closer neighborhood buildings and the golf course. I haven't compared to pictures, but the kerbing seems more realistic than other efforts we're all familiar with.

The bits I have questions: pond texture is, well, I could tell it was supposed to be a pond, but it didn't snap to life for me (and if it's not a pond, then the texture isn't helping!). There's some really bright paving on a crossroad that any details are blown out it's so white. Is the paving really that dark, like it was recently repaved?

Edit: Here's ADAC GT Masters 2017 for comparison with in-game paving

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  18. Frode Andreassen

Frode Andreassen Registered

I am also struggling to get high FPS on the New Zandvoort. Not With the Clio cup though for some reason.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The asphalt is not only too dark but also too noisy. Other than that I think the track looks ok for a beta version and works decently, yet it could be a bit more optimized. But I am sure the track artists are aware of it. I can't see people not being able to drive a hotlap there tbh, because I was able to put in 30 laps and my system isn't the strongest. Anyway, looking forward to future updates. S397 will have some very busy upcomming weeks for sure. That said, the BT44 plus this track is just heaps of fun. So thanks for the work

Alex72, alpha-bravo and Emery like this.
  20. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Thank you for this track!

The top layer of the track-surface is recently repaved (march 2017), S397 may have implemented that with darker textures. I'm not sure it has big influence on big bumps etc., since only the top asphalt layer is renewed.
    Also, remember that the track is still a beta-version, which they had to release because of the WFG-schedule. Areas such as AI and optimizing the graphics (LOD's) are probably not finished.

I noticed one issue with the surroundings, there seem to be high dunes behind turn 1, which are not there IRL (at least not visible from the S/F-straight):
    [​IMG]

See 0:49

Ernie and Alex72 like this.