rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. Mulero

Mulero Registered

You are missing out on a very important point, lots of people already own rF2. They bought it, tried it, did not like it and uninstalled it. According to SteamSpy, 50,000 copies of rF2 have been sold and currently has 12,000 regular users.
    If only 1,000 people have entered with the Mclaren on the server, only 2% of owners of rF2 and worse, only 9% of regular users have participated in the competition. Numbers are terribly low for a competition of this level.

As you say, the game still had to be bought by anyone who did not own it and S397, in a very smart move put a 50% discount on the price. The problem with this is that to participate in a competition that they were not going to win, they still had to pay a third of what they cost the game for a single car ...

demerzel likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Your Steam name needs to match your registered name for WFG. So if you registered as John Magus, but your steam name is magusJohn, then you would need to edit your profile in Steam to match the WFG name. Took me a minute or so to find it once I started looking.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Not really been into closed top sim cars since GTR2 days but really enjoying this

Zandvoort to come next
    A great comp to be in !

Filip likes this.
  4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks Dave,
    I got into the game finally and suck bigtime (1048) :D

Emery likes this.
  5. MAKRIS

MAKRIS Registered

BONSOIR A TOUS, PEUT ON M’EXPLIQUER POURQUOI JE N'ARRIVE PLU A PARTICIPER A LA COMPÉTITION MCLAREN ,POURTANT J'AI ACHETER LE PACK .

6. Emery

Emery Registered

As I said to someone else, you're helping to hold up your end of the bell curve. ;)

ceecee and bwana like this.
  7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It might surprise you but every sim has the problem of a relatively low participation and in that regard the rF2 player base is even one of the more active communities (it's allways around 20-25% in a two weeks time frame). Thatswhy it was a pretty good move to sell the McLaren/GT3 pack and not give it for free. What I find more worrying, is that the amount of rF2 owners increased quite considerably with the start of the discount (to around 50k owners as you mentioned allready), but dropped pretty fast afterwards. I am not sure how accurate Steamspy is and how the demo interferes with the owner numbers, but right now the numbers are back to where they were before the discount wich seems to be something that you haven't thought about. So in that regard, S397 has to get some money from the people who allready own the game, and not some potential future users that might or might not come. What you insist on is infact quite a big financial risk. Anyway, it's all theoretical and only S397 will know the truth, but from my perspective it is a more solid plan to sell the McLaren (or even better the pack) to a relatively active user base with a smaller margin than to invest into a car, go all in and to hope for a good outcome and gain basicly no money at all if all things go wrong. I don't want to spoil the fun, but rF2 in it's most advanced and current state is a product in beta, wich infact isn't a good time to sell the product itself to an audience that is tired of beta testing and expects full packages. My 2 cents ;)

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hey guys, I suppose with the wfg in full swing we won't get any game updates for another month? Has anyone heard otherwise?
    Cheers

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

By game updates, do you mean actual changes/improvements to the game itself? Or the Roadmap informational update? I would suspect, somewhere just after the middle of August we will see the later, even with WFG.

F1Aussie likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Glad you got in, but you have shuffled me almost out of the 1000's. sigh...

ceecee likes this.
  11. stonec

stonec Registered

Why wouldn't we be getting updates? I assume since the holidays are soon over there will be improvements to DX11 as it will soon go out of beta. And Zandvoort will also be released soon since it's scheduled as next round for McLaren WFG. Good times ahead...

ceecee and Adrianstealth like this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Very true, rF2 % of players is pretty nice, if it managed to sell like 100k+ copies would be great. I also saw this number of owners going up to 56k in summer sale, now 57k I think then going down again, no idea how this data system works, but half of the review this past month have been negative. S397 needs to fix what is putting people away from the game, I think the UI will solve part of that if done right since it's not only aestetic

13. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Being realistic, RF2 needs relatively high end equipment to play with high options without other issues becoming involved.

Most if not all other sims of whatever quality in comparison don't so much. Lets face it, biggest bitch about rf2 for years has been the graphics in comparison to other sims, cudos 397 for your efforts with dx11.

Due to its better and non compromised physics, anyone coming to rf2 that is used to canned effects, will find it daunting and frustrating if they want to simply jump in and drive.

People are at least giving it a go....that's what this is about...whether they remain depends on the experience they have. First impressions are everything...

F1Aussie likes this.
  14. Emery

Emery Registered

If I've read the rules correctly, this first of four qualifying rounds of WFG is over as of about an hour ago and the top 20 will be in a race this weekend to gain their points. I'm sure someone will let us know if I've got that wrong since I still see people on the servers.

Median lap time (half the people above, half the people below) is 2:01.64 for 1148 entrants (Fri was 713) .
    • From 2:00 to 2:02, there are 312 people (31.2% of total).
    • To be in the top 10% of total entrants, you need a 1:58.47 or lower (Fri was 1:58.78).
    • 70 people (Fri was 28) are in the 1:57s (6.5% of total).
    • Top 20 are 1:57.00 to 1:57.37.
    • As the competition progressed over the weekend to the finish, the distribution of the top 20 has been 0.31 to 0.44 seconds apart, tightening up on the weekend from Friday's 0.44 seconds and then spreading back out.
    upload_2017-8-9_17-41-36.png

Alex72 and Adrianstealth like this.
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

sorry, I mean changes/improvements.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I could not imagine them wanting to make game changes/improvements whilst wfg is on in case it breaks something that will affect the wfg competition. Not all of the updates so far have had a positive effect for everyone so I would imagine that they would not want issues to pop up whilst on the world stage.

Alex72 and bwana like this.
  17. Skandepik

Skandepik Registered

Still...some of the guys in the top 20 cut the track at Stowe beyond the green area. This should be interesting when it's all over :D

bwana likes this.
  18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Thanks for the detailed reply,what you describe with the understeer and braking is how the macca gt3 in iracing feels,I don't like it I'm iracing so maybe I'll give it a miss and wait for a rwd gt3,something about awd cars I just can't have fun with

19. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The gt3 cars in iracing have everything available to adjust other than steering ratio,are the option not available just for the wfg or is it the same in offline testing.
    Castor is very important for feeling the cars imho,I'm hoping it's and adjustable setting

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There might be a small fix or two, just guessing about that, but the next two items 'should' be the improved UI and Zandvoort. I suspect we'll see the track shortly, most likely before the UI is released. The original plan, I think, was to have the UI finished and released by now, but they apparently have had some issues that have not been corrected and tested yet. After that....at least sometime in September, the other 4 cars of the GT3 pack will be released for those users that have purchased the set.