rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. Josh.H

Josh.H Registered

It was added to the F1 regulations in 2011 so it's not too new of a concept. I've only ever heard the '2 wheels' rule in sim racing but then again I haven't been following racing for very long.
    Ultimately the officials of the event can redefine the track limits, some more strict and some less strict as Whiting does for the F1 and S397 have here.

bwana likes this.
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

Its a forum and its a cconversation, chill down..

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

[​IMG] :D :D

4. sloppo

sloppo Registered

you do'nt know simracing then dude, sorry.
    and davidporeilly's post below yours is a clear example of it

ironically, its the slow people that go 'its not setup' as for the most part they aren't pushing the default setup to the game's physics limits first, to then be able to recognise a step up in pace from a setup change.
    you have to get to that operating window first before bolting on different setups to immediately get the payback.

Guimengo likes this.
  5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You are wrong. The link is from F1 2017 and next clauses don't say anything about two wheels. You see the difference is that I check things before posting instead of guessing and questioning others that actually have spent some time searching.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The key is a bit of focus and running HUNDREDS of laps it's really that simple
    -If one has the time that is

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

All I see is "slower" people complaining about setup :p

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  8. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

The book rule ok, not the laws of physics. It's not properly racing, it's a e-sport (videogame)

9. sloppo

sloppo Registered

you refuse to engage with the evidence that contradicts your argument.
    i can therefore conclude you'll never change your opinion despite the evidence stacked against it.
    thus rendering any further discussion pointless.
    good day sir.

10. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Like a few of us I'm only doing this for a bit of fun and to see where I stack up. It was quite discouraging seeing the median lap was in the 2:01s and the aliens where getting 1:57s!! I was getting 2:05s at the start of the day and couldn't fathom where I could gain 5 seconds. But I've been trying all day and after many set up tweaks I'm in the 2:01s, and I'm pretty confident I can get 2 min flat.

I've got to say I'm really loving this car and how well it responds to changes in setup. It's a constant battle between trying to make the car loose with not much understeer, but also stable enough to be controllable. I also love how intuitive it is to catch slides and drive slightly over the limit, but then when you push too hard it bites back hard. I've never really liked GT3 cars but this is up there with my favorite cars in rF2.

Korva7, F1 2004 and David O'Reilly like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Join the Discord and you'll see I'm right ;) But yeah you are right, I won't change my opinion, no reason to. Good day sir.

12. TF22Raptor

TF22Raptor Registered

Im reporting the same thing Gerhard did you come up with a fix? Ive moved the car ffb multiplyer from to 1 to 2 to try and get some kind of feel from the car. Im used to running iracing and asseto and rfactors regular cars the ffb is spot on and feels great, but this mclaren is very weak and as you say dull, im just guessing what the car is doing really, any solutions?

13. Jego

Jego Registered

I moved it to 0.9 and it is much better.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davidporeilly please don't feel pained on my behalf :D

I'd be curious to find out your setup-gap later on, once you're well practiced with the faster set.

15. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

I'd guess the weak FFB comes from the caster setting of the car, with most rF2 cars you can adjust caster angle wich makes the effect from g-forces on the steering stronger or weaker.
    but the caster setting on the mclaren is locked, for some reason.

the ffb strength of bumps depends also on suspension stiffness

I use an accuforce wheel wich I think has 13Nm max torqe and in my ffb config force is set to 13Nm and the ffb feels perfect

but before the accuforce i also owned a t300 so i can understand the problem

with the accuforce i have to reduce caster angle on most rf2 cars because ffb is too strong but the mclaren is perfect

i wich there was some kind of option to make both the high end directdrive wheel users and mid range t300 users happy

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah i wont try this either. I drive way too close to how i would drive in real life and thus would not have a chance against aliens who "exploit" the physics inside the sim world. :) Its a skill in itself and im not saying its easy (it isnt), but it means for me personally to start driving in a way i dont do normally so i would have to change driving style and then practice a lot. Too much hassle, maaaan. :D

bravotangosix likes this.
  17. bwana

bwana Registered

You did see/read the words "I'd guess" in my post ??

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If you had really read my reply you wouldn't ask.

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Sorry 6am , in traffic dark and raining and stuck in fkn traffic .. edit yep read , your tone is condesening and you didn't read my post in context

MarcG likes this.
  20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry for responding to your questioning but I had taken the time to check the given link before posting. I understand that I should have clarified it.

bwana likes this.