Share your OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, May 12, 2016.

1. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Just ordered mine :)

bravotangosix likes this.
  2. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

What model did you go for?

3. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

4. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

VERY nice. Really like the rim. ;)

SimonJ likes this.
  5. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

yep seem best wheel out there quality wise if you do not want to break your bank completely.
    followed OSW thread for quite few years now looking forward to getting one been on a T500 for 3 years :)

6. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

T500 owner here also. Bought the V1 which makes a few strange noises nowadays. i'm hoping that my OSW should be delivered this time next week. :D

Btw was looking at the Thrustmaster wheel converter kit for the osw sold on the simracingcoach site. Looks like a interesting design. Pity it does't do the F1 rim though

SimonJ likes this.
  7. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

handy for step upgrade too use wheel on both T500 and OSW
    yep F1 wheel would be nice if you buy/have the F599XX Alcantara Edition add on wheel and there adaptor for OSW makes nice cheepish wheel with buttons and gear change flappers.
    If you already have it you can get OSW kit and use existing wheel with adaptor till you can buy more expensive type of wheel

Same if you got the wheel first you can use it on the T500 base using the USB so wont sit there while you save for OSW kit :)

8. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

for F1 I would get 2nd hand Fanatec wheel and add the Leo Bodnar USB converter board. looks sweet easy to fit and fairly cheep

bravotangosix and nipzon like this.
  9. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I upgraded from CWB V2 to OSW and kept all my Fanatec wheels thanks to a USB convertor kit from https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/fanatec-conversion

SimonJ and bravotangosix like this.
  10. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

@SimonJ @nipzon Great info guys. Will have a serious look at these once I get set up :)

SimonJ likes this.
  11. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

12. c0rn

c0rn Registered

Hi all,

I am using a SimuCube with IONI Pro and small Mige 5000PPR.

A lot of info in here. I work over 60h/week and it is really hard to sit down and test all the different settings that everybody posts (huge thanks to you guys for all this testing). I do like how the OSW feels in iRacing but I just cant get it right in rF2 and I want to be using rF2 more than iRacing but keep going back to it because of time issues.

Could anybody recommend Granity, MMOS and ingame settings that I could try? Sorry to be asking this when I know how much work everybody puts into testing.

13. sloppo

sloppo Registered

how do i reduce the harshness of the rumble strips? my small mige turns into a mini jackhammer.

EDIT: i've just had to increase the FFB smoothing in game and overall filter in Mmos, i guess not much else can be done.
    reminds me of when i first played rf2 all those years ago with G25.....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Im not sure if its possible to lower the curbs in some file somewhere but it would be awesome. I dont have super wheel with its own software that can tweak all forces so overall smooth is the only thing. You want to have as much detail as possible on the tarmac but when you hit the curbs the wheel almost fall off. Some smoothness setting that is linked to curbs would be epic. I know that the FFB is pure in rF2 but maybe there can be some coding that links FFB to curbs and that can have a smoothing slider.

15. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

My kit was sat on desk when i got in to work :) bolted to 10mm ally plate to bolt to my setup getting 8mm allen bolts got temp ones in after drilling and tapping threds
    quality of box is lovely pro usb slots neutrik connectors very nicely done :)
    still waiting for wheel from Spain be 3 days ish :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

looking through OSW threads on varios sites will let you know if i find anything pos something in .json file
    found this from few years about it on a site lol
    "Well yeah, only issue i have is every time i dare step on the kerbs something flies off my rig :D"

17. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Got my temporary wheel yesterday day till new one arrives :)
    all setup ready will be testing today after work got few .json file setting saved saved to try.
    I had FFB back to front so set all the +1000 to -1000. had not done this for a while and only changed one of the settings not all so that took me a while to figure out.

Will post my settings that i end up with

I'm using Simtech racings .json below as a base at moment been given modified once by Jed today swell to try they his personal setting for rF2
    http://www.simtechracing.co.uk/downloads

from quick 5mins at 6am this is going to feel awesome one fiddled to my liking :)
    Help you posted
    Si

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    ApainPlost likes this.
  18. ApainPlost

ApainPlost Registered

Hello @SimonJ,

Do you have some setting for Automobilista ?

Regards.

SimonJ likes this.
  19. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

not yet concentrating on rF2 got league races starting in few weeks :)
    would think they would be similar to rF1 settings
    got most the racing sims and play Dirt Rally for when friends come over. Something they can drive with out to much thought.:p
    So will be trying all at some point but rF2 is my main Sim
    feels good in rF2 now mainly been turning the ffb down the multi down then more and again then once more prob few more times lol
    this wheels a beast need to last a 45min race lol was done in after 5 laps it is allot tamer now :)

20. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

this feels very good :)
    totally different from settings i had thought i would try with the dampers have same midge 10000ppr and Simcube
    i have both dampers at 26% and max force at 55% plenty of force for me for a 45 min race with .50 multi in game

still playing but feels very nice :)

i also tried with damping effects off and added caster to setup to give more weight feel to ffb
    felt very good too
    i also removed all filters and just added 4 to 6 in game to see difference that felt good as well
    very happy with feel now hope options may help others now to get used to it season start in few weeks :) :)

Cars used to test were URD Porsche Aston And C7R all felt great
    Tracks were Portugal GP and Bathurst 3PA :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017