rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. Bernd

Bernd Registered

For me it happens absolutely intentionally.
    And the Comments are disabled on Youtube. Guess why? ;)

BC23, David O'Reilly, Alex72 and 3 others like this.
  2. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

I've tried everything, but just cannot seem to get a proper setup. I drive the socks off the car but only get to about 2,01.0...
    I cant think that I am 4 seconds slower than the top times. I have that car on the ragged edge. so nobody is willing to share a almost good setup here?
    I don't think I can get 57 or even 58s, but surely sub 2min with a good set? which I knew more about setups and the tricks of the trade (sim)

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Rule of thumb here, if you are really relying on setup work and you are 4 seconds off the pace, it's not the setup which is the cause ;)

bwana, Guimengo and Adrianstealth like this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You will learn much more if you do your own setup.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

if I keep the right foot down I won't get round corners.

bwana and ceecee like this.
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I think this is my problem, I prefer stable understeery setups and then adjust the ai to suit. I have never gone for out and out fastest laps with the fastest setup. Just setups that don't want to loop me round all the time.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Best do your own setup
    Small tweaks only can do it

Goes on until 10th so plenty of time for trial & error + it's enjoyable

8. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

You're fooling yourself, the "perfect" setup isn't going to help a non-alien!

kimbo, Emery and Kelju_K like this.
  9. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

that is so true.
    i got 2:02 on my own then hit the wall with the setup as i felt the default caster was too high for my driving style. propably fatigue and confusion had some part in it as i had tried so many different approaches to get mechanical grip to the car, and fight the caster.

then ari gave me his setup. and he is a wizard really when it comes to setups. the setup felt easier to drive and it got me 0.5 seconds off of my time, plus i gained some consistency with it. granted i was very tired at that point but i would say 1 second is propably maximum that a perfect setup could give me, rest is up to me, and me alone.

Emery likes this.
  10. Skandepik

Skandepik Registered

The plugins that show the times and tire wear don't seem to work on the server. Is it happening only to me?

11. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Define "perfect setup".
    First off, we are talking hot lapping here, not race pace, the two can be very different in my experience.
    For hot lapping it's as simple as it's ever been, get the car to rotate as fast as possible and disregard tires overheating.
    It could mean an extremely pointy front end pulling the car by the nose and leading it through the corner or it could mean bumping the brake on entry and holding the slide with the throttle so barely any wheel input, depending on car (or corner) you should be able to decide which of the two is appliccable.
    Some people just aren't into this style of driving.
    Pissing against the wind won't get you a date on a dry day.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

lol, i was doing 1:57:32 but my car got abducted by a alien UFO just before the start finish line :( do i still win?
    Lol.

Alex72 and bwana like this.
  13. Skandepik

Skandepik Registered

Have you guys seen this? What a comedy :D Notice who posted the video on youtube :D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    bwana likes this.
  14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

rf2 does not count that as lap cutting ??

if so track cutting should be sorted & all times should be removed / reset

should be 2 wheels should fully remain on track no messing , lap discounted & drive through as penalty ( & drive through remains even if escape pressed )

Alex72, SPASKIS and bwana like this.
  15. Emery

Emery Registered

He lifted and it was already a slow lap.

16. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I was watching the server earlier. We had a 1'57 person lapping; he was running very wide with 4 wheels past the white line at some points when he did his 1'57. However, I'm not sure if it was faster by running wide where he did.

bwana likes this.
  17. sloppo

sloppo Registered

i recognise some of the names in that top 20. Petar Brljak currently 8th on a 57.4 - i used to race against him in FSR world trophy back in 2011 - and beat him. However i was in a decent team with a setup guru who was literally a genius - later people were offering him serious money for them.

I'm not even going to bother entering this competition, and 99.9% will have 0 chance - you'll be against seasoned setup veterans who know what exploits to look for and have spent years knowing exactly how to set the car up to exploit the physics model.

I'd probably be able to get into the 58's on my own, but to get into the 57's would require a setup guru, data analysis etc. and i just don't have the time, i'm in the middle of my masters dissertation.

its a real shame they made this open setup - people who have had years of training in simracing and the murky world of setups will have such a huge advantage. You COULD argue - that given that this is a competition to find someone to work in their simulator and create setups - that would be the main requirement of the job i'd assume. In which case....fair enough lol. Can't argue with that.

its not a driving competition at this level - all of us seasoned simracers and borderline elites like myself would be able to compete with these guys in a race with the same setup - but fine tuning setup is literally a process of a 100 laps a day, testing changes to setup. It's got hardly anything to do with driving style - at this level all our driving styles were pretty similar, there is generally only a handful of ways to drive in simracing to achieve borderline alien laptimes - a neutral to oversteer car generally.
    That's what it took to compete in FSR, and that's what you'll have to do to get in the top 20 in this. Good luck.......

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  18. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Not only track limits but the simulator's physics flaws as well. You'll never see those brutal lap times differences amongst real race drivers or even amateur but reasonably experienced kart racers (not with the same cars). It's basically a matter to exploit the software weaknesses as the "football" players do in FIFA series (some of them are even paid to inform EA how they cheat to score). This is the why I can't see no point on those time lap contests. I bet some money some of those magic drivers would suck at a basic rental go-kart racing.

19. Skandepik

Skandepik Registered

If it's Stowe you can run off the white line. Everywhere else the limit is the cut track, no?

20. sloppo

sloppo Registered

is there any official track limit rules anywhere?