[REL] TrackMapPlugin V0.96 32bit & 64bit

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Dec 24, 2014.

1. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

What do you have on your windshield/windscreen in you real car? :D To each their own, gadgets on my virtual screen break the immersion :)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

In a real race car you have also HUD`s. To look onto a 2nd screen would brake MY immersion.

sherpa25 and rocketjockeyr6 like this.
  3. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

The way my TM is set up, none of the tiles/widgets are on the windscreen, all are positioned across the dashboard. Well, except for the traction meter/suspension travel, thats up by the mirror but again, can be moved/removed as you desire.
    20170514105949_1.jpg
    Nothing has to be in the way at all.
    Also, cars like the Chevrolet Corvette have had a HUD that displays on the windscreen.
    [​IMG]
    You can buy that system and put in any car, race or road.
    I do agree that TM can break the immersion, for a road/classic car, but plenty of todays race and road cars have a dozen little lights blinking in your face.
    And also, as stated in my initial post; this is used mostly for setup, and during any time in any session can be disabled by the touch of 2 buttons(alt_spacebar).

sherpa25, FS7 and Juergen-BY like this.
  4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

You misread what I meant. You don't have shit on your windscreen in the real car, you have an engineer in your ear, but since you don't have someone dedicated who can read your telemetry to you, the plugin provides an alternative.

Also, I've never seen an F1 driver looking down on his iPad during a race weekend before, so that's a stupid justification for why that's better than having info on the screen in lieu of an actual engineer.

5. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

^
    Also i add, rF2 is still a game, even with 3 mega monitors, or with vr, and with the most realistic motion simulator ever, is still a game, not the reality. Who doesn't want an HUD/TrackMap can click OFF, who want it can click ON, we are both happy.

BTW, personally the TM plugin is a must have for the following uses: starting lights, GAP on the personal best sectors and the overall best sectors & laps, average fuel usage per lap, track map to check if someone is coming when i go off-track and to choose the best moment to go out in qualifying, customizable standing widget with gaps on best laps in qualifying and personal class standing in multi-class races.
    TrackMap is the best plugin ever made.

I have a tablet with 2 telemetry-hud-widget apps, but TrackMap plugin or a proper HUD is still the best chioce for me.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Has S397 mentioned any plans re TM, or at least some alternative on-screen? Been waiting too since DX11's release. Though other's been keeping me busy :)

7. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

I just installed the Plugin, and rFactor crashes every time. Is this from DX11 or something else? I did installed the redistable things. Im starting the game in VR mode.

8. AbeWoz

AbeWoz Registered

doesn't work in DX11

9. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

So VR doesn't work on DX9, and this app doesn't work on DX11.

Are there any plugins relatively close to this one working on DX11 at all?

I am fairly new to rFactor 2, thank you.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Every plugin that paints in the screen needs to be redone in order to work in dx11. The modding information in order to do so needs to be published first by S397.

11. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

How you can move stuff around the HUD, im trying with ctrl+space but it only off/ons the app.

12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Select one from the menu (alt+space ?) move it with mouse and click to quit edit mode, you can also select others stuff with left-right keys, when moving it.

13. Bakht

Bakht Registered

For some reason the whole thing disappeared, aside from the actual map part, randomly, I have no clue what keyboard key I pressed to cause that

14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

You did not do it, DX11 did...

15. Bakht

Bakht Registered

It was working earlier today? I didn't see any update. I'm using DX9

16. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

If he updated to DX11, he would have had to manually disable trackmap before the game would even be able to start the game.

17. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

When I moved to DX11 weeks ago, I did not have to disable trackmap. It just did not work anymore.
    If what you are saying is happening now, something must have changed in the meantime.
    But as he's still on DX9, I have no clue what could have caused it.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

On my DX9 installation TM is working without any problems.

19. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

The game crashes if you don't disable it - straight CTD. There's no way around that. You must've done a clean install then.

20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

Nope, unless activating the DX11 beta version did that. But I'm guessing not, since I still have all mods installed.
    Nothing crashed, only track map was not working anymore.

Edit: come to think of it, I may have disabled the plugin after reading something about that. Can't really remember...was kinda p...d because my favorite plugin would not wiork n DX11..,:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017