Released Subscribe to the latest DX11 updated Content!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

True to one extent , A mod built/updated with DX11 will work fine in DX9 however a Mod built for DX9 will have some visual oddities from the old shaders when ran on a DX11 install.

In some cases the car appears as a blob of light when played in DX11.

This is what the APEX GT3 cars looked like on DX11 before they updated it ...:eek:
    IMG_20170501_233558853.jpg

& after the DX11 update with new shaders (and works perfectly in DX9)

AM GT3 DX 11 pic 1.jpg

So DX11 is "reverse compatable" while older DX9 content wont look so good in DX11.
    Some mods are not as bad but you will still see the glowing ,same goes for tracks .. :)

buddhatree likes this.
  2. rf2wec

rf2wec Registered

I still get the white box even after the update
    I still get the white box even after the update

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Did you clear cbash and shaders folders?
    Can you check in mod manager the version of the vehicle?

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

wheres update for Silverstone omg . info is literally impossible to find here!

6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Is Lime Rock Park in the pipeline to be updated?

SS

Guimengo, LokiD and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  7. Before complaining, look at the first post of the threads :) that is how most forum does it. And indeed the Silverstone link is there. If you are subscribed to the Silverstone track on Steam, your steam app will update the track for you.

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

more frustration tbh.. i still dont see a silvrstone change log.? i know how to get the file.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

They just updated the cutting limits for the McLaren competition. I think that was the only reason they updated it now.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

oh ok. thanks mate.. i just wanted to know what they updated thats all. :)

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Will all the tracks be updated with a review of cut track limits? Was Silverstone issue a question of track limits or cut track parameters?

While it is good that they updated Silverstone, it also shows that this particular feature was not being given the attention and care it required. NOLA is a disaster in terms of track limits and is a more recent track. Now that have WFG it has become a priority that gets fixed in a matter of hours!!! Silverstone is over two years old and has been recently reviewed for dx11.
    IMO considering the quick fix this is not acceptable. Leagues have struggled to avoid cheaters cutting the track. Apparently, our competitions are not as important as WFG

I hope this item gets finally given the relevance it has and apart of fixing problematic tracks, they also provide the required documentation so that it can be applied on 3rd party tracks.

Emery, peterchen and Davvid like this.
  12. stonec

stonec Registered

The cut system is not good enough IMO to apply tight thresholds. I've had to usually remove cut limits from every track that are run in FSR. The main problem is the 3 cuts = stop & go tolerance, it just doesn't work for a 70 lap race. In a hotlap competition I see no problems with tight limits, as everyone is on the same page that a mistake equals cancellation of that lap. The other problem is where to define those limits. Everyone seems to think that 2 wheels inside white lines is the way to go, but F1 and many other real life series never follow it. The third problem is that you can't disable cut detection with a simple toggle, which is perhaps the biggest problem. If there existed a disable option for server admin, I would have no problem with whatever thresholds as I could simply disable them.

SRGP likes this.
  13. rf2wec

rf2wec Registered

yes

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Well, it is your opinion. My experience is completely different and definitely tight limits is the way to go IMO. Cutting the track is not allowed in any circunstance. I don't care if it is a hotlap competition or a 24 h race. Our races are 70 minutes long (not 70 laps but 40). If you lift the throttle when you realise that you are not going to make it legal I have never got a penalty. Furthermore it is typical that I slightly cut at least once if the fight on track requires it and I get a warning for it knowing it wont get any further if I don't repeat it again.

For sure I don't deny that some tracks are a complete disaster in terms of properly penalising for cutting the track. As I also have pointed out OFFICIAL documentation for this and other AIW aspects like fast line, AI draft ... is highly required.

PS. BTW, if I am not wrong, you can adjust the number of cuts before giving a penalty.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  15. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

RF2 needs a "Slow Down" feature for cutting the track, but then that causes other issues such as drivers suddenly slowing to clear the penalty causing evasive action from the driver behind.
    But the slow down feature makes you cut less.
    That or tracks should have a league option where bumps are put in where cutting takes place?

16. Trev Rich

Trev Rich Registered

On topic though.. I'm running DX9 as I like to use the delta time and track map. Once that's sorted I'll be on DX11

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

No slow down feature

-pit drive through is better

18. BlackProfDok

BlackProfDok Registered

absolutely !!!

19. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Or like F1 2016 game.

20. Davvid

Davvid Registered