[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yes, Alex, it is a female voice. Someone told me that one driver in North American races has his sister as spotter, so that's possible even in real life :)

Alex72 likes this.
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Sure, report it here. All but reports are welcome

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Matt - are you happy for me to release your spotter recordings? Are you OK with them also being incorporated into the Android app (which costs the princely sum of 2 quid)?

4. mancslo

mancslo Registered

Is there a way, to make crewchief rf2 workshop plugin.
    A most of the time I'm forget to start chief before i start rf2.

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

no, it doesn't work like that - it's a separate application with its own infrastructure and I've no plans to change this

6. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

You don't actually have to start CC before rF2, unless you have the alt-tab issue, etc. It works fine when started after.

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

While mostly correct, not entirely true. If CC is started in the middle of a session it won't report correct times/gaps.
    A script, batch or powershell is a workaround. CC also can launch rF2 launcher when started.

8. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Here's the link for the extra calls, as well as a new set for still there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcz8jexdcle092n/More Spotter Audio.zip?dl=0

I played around with it yesterday, and besides being really goofy hearing yourself talk at yourself, the only gripe I had was the still there sounds. I don't think they were read flat enough the first time around so a few of the calls had a inflection that didn't work well in the package.

Other than that, I'm fine with you releasing them so long as the main package remains free/donationware.

kantenflimmern and tjc like this.
  9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Bug Report:
    When starting a race from standing start I sometimes get a message from CC that I have substantial Aero Damage and should come in and fix that.
    The race was Bathurst and it happened in 3 different cars (AMGT3, Radical, Clio) in three different events. Watching the replay there was no contact so don't think there was damage. It was on a dedicated server on line with AI as the opposition. (that's right, no friends :( ) I have heard this comment in other races from the start line, but can't recall the tracks at this time. This is not a game breaker for me, just thought I would mention it. :)
    Keep up the great work, best tool ever.

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks for reporting this, I'll double check if everything is correct with damage tracking in online case. Does it ever happen in offline mode? And is it only on this track?
    If you could capture the repro for me, that'll save me a bit of time. http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces

In general, the damage tracking in our shared memory plugin is heuristic, and will not always be correct (damage is one piece rF2 model needs to improve). But cars you mention aren't that fragile to lose parts, so either there's a bug in my plugin or something on track causes impact to vehicles (like some very bad bump from the bottom).

11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I haven't checked with off line racing but can do next weekend. It has happened on a couple of other tracks as I said but can't recall which at this time. Will try for the repro.
    As far as I can tell it's not a bump on track as it's on the race line at the start grid.
    I will continue to monitor it and keep you posted if more info comes to light.

Edit: Could it be an artifact from the previous session? Say, I bump a wall at end of quali and CC remembers it when race starts?

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yes, it looks like there's a bug in resetting the damage from the previous session :) And it will only be visible in online session, because in single player player is always first entry. Will fix when next version of plugin is ready to go out, thanks again man.

13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

No problems. Won't worry about repro then. Will try to correct poor driving pattern my end.:oops: :rolleyes: :p :D

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I am pretty sure I have the fix, it is a simple mistake in a plugin. V1 had damage tracked only for player so it was immune, V2 tracks damage for all vehicles and there I messed up :) I'll release an update as soon I get a chance to test it a bit, just to make sure it doesn't blow up :)

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Matt - thanks for the extra files, I'll process them when I'm back from work later.

Do you want me to keep them out of the Android app? This is a paid app (£2)

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Cool. :) Are those other voices complete? Like Jim's or is it ongoing project? I thought about testing but thought it might not be complete yet. Cool with more voices though so thanks to everyone else for contributing. :cool:

17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

They're complete, but are spotter only - the timings and stuff are still voiced by me

Alex72 likes this.
  18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

19. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Nah, it's fine if they go in the android app so long as the desktop one is free.

Alex72 and TheMattyOnline like this.
  20. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Do I qualify for a finders fee for suggesting Matt :p