[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

the more the merrier, I was thinking it would be nice to have voices from all around US :) Hopefully, someone will volunteer.

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hey! When i was online (for the first time) a guy came on with a not so usual name (nickname even that wasnt a normal name!) and CrewChief said his name!!! How did you do that guys? Maybe it was someone that that got his name added to CC or is it some other kind of function? Or is it magic? :eek::D

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Alex72, JimmyT and Ernie like this.
  4. tjc

tjc Registered

5. Depco

Depco Registered

This is a great plugin and I recommend it to all our League Members. I would agree the American accent should be predominantly Southern Drawl for stock car series. If you watch any stock car races the announcers (at least the retired racers) have a southern Drawl, and given then history of stock car racing it is appropriate.

I would be willing to do the northern american accent (Mid-West, Wisconsin) for the non-southern drawl accent if you want. I only ask that you include my name in the next round of personalisations. "Chad"

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    SimonJ likes this.
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

will do those names in the next batch. As an Englishman I can't tell the difference between Boston and Alabama accents anyway so you can send me anything and tell me it's a Southern Drawl, and I'll be none-the-wiser :)

ceecee, The Iron Wolf and tjc like this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That made me remember once at a IndyCar race in Barber Ana Beatriz (Bia Figueiredo) said "Coming to Alabama is funny, it's like you don't know english anymore" :D

8. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Belowzski.
    I see the spreadsheet is again 'View Only"
    I want to add my name to the list of drivers (Gerhard) like ( like the former F1 racer's name)

9. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Then you would need both. Other than stock cars (small portion of rF2 content) having a crew chief with a southern drawl wouldn't sound right - I'd rather have an English accent. If there isn't any technical limits, then I guess the more the merrier.

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Note spotter and chief are different people IRL - one is in garage/pits, the other is up the cherry tree with binoculars. So spotter sounds will apply only to spotter functionality (small subset of functionality). Also, if you use "Realistic mode", spotter functionality only applies to stock cars/ovals. There's no spotter in DTM or F1.

For anyone willing to contribute, Jim posted instructions: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?158-Information-about-recording-additional-spotter-sounds

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

First of all, let me say that this is a fantastic program! I've just tried it for the first time and it works wonderfully in all three of the sims I drive.

But I've just tried to donate but it won't let me without creating a paypal account? I chose credit card instead of paypal, but it insists I create a paypal account with my credit card information without an option to just donate. That's really too bad as I would love to donate.

Anyway, thanks for the great program!

12. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Ahhh, didn't realize as all I've ever heard was Jim's voice. I guess I just thought my crew chief was very talented!

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  13. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

kantenflimmern, Ernie, tjc and 4 others like this.
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

thanks fella :)

I've filtered and packaged them in a format that CC can use, and removed some that don't work so well:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/spotter_Matt.zip

If you want to try them out, you can unzip this file into your C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\ folder (so this folder contains, among other things, subfolders called "spotter", "spotter_Geoffrey", "spotter_Clare" and now "spotter_Matt").

Then when you start the app Matt should appear in the "Spotter voice" list box - select it and restart the app and you should now hear your own dulcet tones for spotter calls.

If you're happy with it and are happy to have these sounds used in the app, I'll add them to the auto-updater.

I agree that we should have "inside" and "outside" calls on ovals - these sounds are still in the package and I'll add this feature (ovals only) soon

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Sorry to be a pain dude, but can I ask for 3 more sounds?

radio_check: "spotter radio check"
    enable_spotter: "OK, I'll spot" / "OK, I'll give those calls"
    disable_spotter: "OK, no more spotter calls" / "OK, no spotter calls"

nipzon likes this.
  16. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Not a problem. I'll try and record them tonight.

nipzon and The Iron Wolf like this.
  17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

awesome, thanks man :D

18. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I had a race last night after an update to CC and must say this again, thank you very much. The info was precise and very helpfull during the race and thank you for adding my name too.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If I think I found small bug do I report it here?

20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Who is this "Clare" voice? Are you guys going SJW here with some feminist powa? :D Joking, but is it a female voice?