[REL] F1 1979 HISTORIC EDITION 2.02 BY POSTIPATE

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Jun 24, 2017.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

ok, no worries, some cars are worst than others, so I will stick to the ones that work well.
    thanks,

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

I noticed a problem with Alfa and Ferrari engine sounds.
    Disturbed sound and crackling.
    Anyone can test it?

3. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

noticed same

Mauro likes this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

First of all, thank you very much for your efforts on this mod. Drove the ATS yesterday and the sound, feeling and immersion was great. One thing, I noticed though is that the cars have no static undercar shadow, so it looks as if they are floating, the farther away they get. It would be really nice to see those beauties planted on the road, because otherwise the immersion is pretty much perfect so far :)

5. Pauli Partanen

Yeah thanks! This is actually on works right now. Annoys me too :)

Eric Rowland and hitm4k3r like this.
  6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

So far there is only 15 who has recorded lap times in LiveRacers which it is disappointing. Seems that many are struggling to get a round when track is green and server is now running with with bit more rubber on the track.

Server name: F1_1979_Official_Server_2
    Fuel usage: Normal
    Tyre wear: Normal
    Damage: 50%
    Auto Clutch on
    Practice: 30 min.
    Qualify: 10 min.
    Race:15 min.
    Track: Sao Paulo GP Ver. 1.07 (S397 DX11)

Track can be found and downloaded from Steam Workshop or from the the online lobby.
    Server is using Noel Hibbart`s GetMod service ;)

LiveRacers: http://fun2race.liveracers.info/Live/?server=F1_1979_Official_Server_2 o_O

:confused:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Mauro likes this.
  7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Server name: F1_1979_Official_Server_1

Auto Clutch on
    Tracks:
    Ganadian Grand Prix
    TigerMoth
    Palm Beach
    Toban
    All tracks are ISI/S397 tracks and can also be downloaded from Steam Workshop or from the online lobby. Server is using Noel Hibbart`s GetMod service ;)

LiveRacers: http://fun2race.liveracers.info/Live/?server=F1_1979_Official_Server_1 o_O

:rolleyes:

Mauro likes this.
  8. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

By the way Postipate
    There was a very nice mod in RF1 call 1971with realy nice F1 cars, where chiefwiggum was involved . Any chance to see that in FR2 as a new Postipate Project
    Assetto Mod

Mauro likes this.
  9. Pauli Partanen

Actually funny that you asked! I was just middle of this one.
    Not sure will i release anything, but we will see :)
    20170723133943_5.jpg

10. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

awesome :) I think Chiefwiggum agree to release it

11. Pauli Partanen

I think the mod origins from F1C, so need permission there too first :)

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Back in the '79 world, more inspiration (albeit cheesy and dubbed):

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

F1_1979_Official_Server_1 is updated with new vmod.

Server name: F1_1979_Official_Server_1

Auto Clutch on

Track: BrandsHatch_v1.22
    For the obvious reasons I cannot post download link to forum but server ruining with Noel Hibbart`s GetMod service ;)

LiveRacers: http://fun2race.liveracers.info/Live/?server=F1_1979_Official_Server_1 o_O

:)

14. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

some cars yes it kinda jumps on you (the engine brake). generally the DFV is pretty good imo. it's the other engines i have noticed it more.
    could be in the gearing too? some cars with same engine but different gearing, the other has the problem more than the other..
    maybe adjust the engine brake just a little bit at first, since it might not be the only reason for it to feel kinda "in your face" sometimes?
    like i said could be something in the gearing + final and their relationship with some combinations too, as it doesn't allways feel that bad?
    having smaller steps in brake bias will help sorting this out a little too i think.
    and it is a very welcome improvement in it self, as during race some cars really need a change in it when the car gets lighter, but that 2% was a bit too much of a change for compensating lighter fueltank.

anyway, big thanks again for postipate and everyone involved for keeping the updates coming:)

15. Pauli Partanen

Would you like to test to make 1-2-3 gear longer and 4-5 shorter. Maybe it would help with it :)

16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

whenever here is some behaviour that i dont like having, i try pretty much everything in setup to get rid of it.

this behaviour, the engine brake being more than expected, happens in certain rev range, not all the way. high revs it's pretty ok. mid to low revs is when it's kind of surprisingly heavy. some cars more than others. some cars have it lower, some higher in revs.
    the unwanted "engine brake spike" also moves with final gear changes, and seems to get worse shorter the final gear is.
    i know, not the best explanation, but i hope you get some idea what i mean.
    playing with preload/power/coast i can get it somewhat more manageable, but allways with some unwanted behaviour on side that i can't seem to compensate elsewhere in setup.
    i know it's something tiny that causes it, since it's not that bad, and not allways present. maybe some inertia thing somewhere?
    hopefully it's not hard to find, i wish you best of luck with it.

Kel

Ari Antero and Pauli Partanen like this.
  17. Pauli Partanen

Finding the problem aint hard at all as i know why its like that. It origins to 75 mod where I tried to find things to make braking and shifting harder. Reasons:
    1) When online racing all fast drivers without h shifter where able to change gear like with the sequential.
    2) you never had to blip the thorttle to reduce back end getting loose

Thats why i wanted to it like this.
    1) You need to carefully change gears and know at what rpm you can change or you will upset the car.
    2) always blip thorttle and match it with right revs or you will upset car.
    3) change too early or you will blown you engine
    4)when overtaking with late braking its sometimes better to skip the gears to avoid upsetting car (5 -> 3 or 5 -> 2) and make sure you match the revs (quite hard). Sorry only possible with H-shifter but I made these mods with/for H-shifter

Yeah i noticed that ISI mods its not like this and more the way I said first. I will take another look for it.

On side note. I will take bit off time from modding. Start to be more stressing than fun for me :) I have 84 mod coming nicely with Chief with nicely updated graphics so there will be more mods in future too and updates to this and 75 already halfway done. There havent been single day in last 6 months that I havent taught about some new things to make so need to clear my head and play some Civilization VI :)

Thanks for all feedback and words you all! Always nice to read.

muzikant, John, Hazi and 4 others like this.
  18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

If you turn back the time to the day when you and your girlfriend was watching me at Spielberg (remember ?) when i was driving with RS12, and how I was entering and exiting from first right/left chicane by using clutch / brake rolling car into right hand turn, blip third gear, blip second gear and "coasting" left then to right and exiting out from chicane. With Ferrari, BT48 and few of the Cosworth V8`s this can be challenging and to some people it is mission impossible. Obviously there is difference with engine brake and there also should be with RS12 turbo vs Ferrari flat V12 /Alfa V12 etc. but I feel that some of the cars has too much engine brake but ofcourse it can be something with inertia also which Kelju_K did mention.
    Perhaps we could make pass-worded test server and do some testing together with some guys who also likes test and express their opinion? ;)

I know it is hard to update and fine tune this mod after wishes from us and I know from experience it is irritating and sometimes you can get so frustrated that you just feel to give it up :confused:.

There is no rush to update, mod it is fine like it is now.:)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Kelju_K likes this.
  19. Pauli Partanen

Yeah its good idea in future :) simracers.de had same thing with 75 mod and they were awesome people with lot of ideas

Biggest problem is that there is usually same amount of opinion as drivers. Imposible to satify everybody so final call will always come from me and somebody wont like it :)

Did few laps at brands hatch! Awesome track with these cars. Join to server to test it :)

Kelju_K, Mauro and Ari Antero like this.
  20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Some was complaining about track yesterday and

Life is life ;)

I put one more dedicated server online today to satisfy some of the guys who likes multiple tracks.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Kelju_K and Pauli Partanen like this.