Really? Paid content?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dkiewicz, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkiewicz

dkiewicz Registered

I put out $80 USD for a lifetime membership. Maybe I misunderstood what lifetime means, but I just saw this statement in the Roadmap for July... "available for you all as a paid item in our upcoming item store".

I've already bit my tongue when you opened up the platform and made a no cost access for all customers, but this is not acceptable.

My subscription said that with my purchase I receive all future content and upgrades, what gives?

If I am now required to purchase content I would like to respectfully ask for a refund.

Just because the company/publisher changed hands does not absolve you from maintaining the agreements set forth by your predecessor.

If need be, I can make a point of this, but I had enough faith in supporting this platform when everyone else was thumbing their collective noses at it and now this is how I am rewarded?

I have no issue with removing all content from my hard drive and never writing or speaking of rF2 again if need be. Please let me know how to provide my address for my refund if this is going to be requisite for content in the future.

Have a great day....

Mulero likes this.
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

You are asking for a refund YEARS after purchasing it?

Good luck!o_O

3. bwana

bwana Registered

Rage quit coming.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  4. dkiewicz

dkiewicz Registered

It's a broken contract. I bought this in good faith and held up my end of the contract. I expect that the publisher does the same. How about someone buying your home loan and raising the interest rate by 20%. I bet you'd be real happy about that, huh? This is business, period.

5. dkiewicz

dkiewicz Registered

No rage, just want my money back. Simple...

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You said
    Do you have a source for that statement?
    You also imply that ISI/S397 haven't "held up their end of the contract", below are links to both company's EULA's, please point out, in your opinion, where they are not holding up their end of the contract.

ISI EUALA => http://rfactor.net/web/termsofuse/
    S397 EULA => http://store.steampowered.com//eula/365960_eula_0

Shamrock, jayarrbee36 and Paul Stante like this.
  7. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

There seems to be a lot of children on these forums, considering the average age of rFactor 2 users are between 40 and 50 years old.
    I don't think anyone will be forced to buy content.
    If you cant afford a few bucks every now and then for quality content - get another hobby.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I bought a game on Steam, 2 weeks later it was -25% off, that's called hard luck, I carried on regardless and didn't whine like I was owed a refund or discount.

The level of mentality as soon as the DLC is mentioned is quite astonishing, some people really do need to open their eyes to the bigger picture and the real world.

9. T.Hartmann

T.Hartmann Registered

Hello!
    Do you paid isi or s397?
    You paid isi for life time online gaming? You got it from 397 also. Is There any track missed, since 397 taking over? No, There isn't. You got a New graphicEngine and updates, isi wont never give it to you. you paid s397 for? No!

Why you won't take what youre got and be Happy with it, like the last years? Isi didn't Continue their work, why you won' t ask them for refund?

For me it seems all legit and fair. I wouldn't play rf2, if There will be no Progress in development. This development i'm ready to pay.s397 got nothing from your payment, you gave to isi. There is only one way for s397 to get a little bunch of Dollars, to develop your fav simulation. And this is whats going on right now. Just my five cents....

jayarrbee36 and F1Aussie like this.
  10. Ceolmor

Ceolmor Registered

I think the point dkiewicz is making is that he paid for lifetime membership and now he is being asked to pay extra for additional content.

However, the lifetime membership he paid for was for access to online racing, not additional content. And of course he still has lifetime access to online racing. It is just that since he purchased it S397 have given it to everyone else for free. But that does not entitle him to a refund on his lifetime membership subscription.

It's like buying a shirt in a shop for $40 and the next week the shop are selling the same shirt at half price. You don't get a $20 refund.

F1Aussie likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@dkiewicz I think you are simply mistaken; all future content was never part of lifetime. Lifetime was about lifetime online access. Easy enough mistake to make.

The only thing that surprises me is how long it's taken for this to come up; this was strongly hinted at nearly a year ago when S397 took over, and discussions regarding DLC were all over the place. I thought the roadmap was just stating what everyone already knew.

I would also point out that this doesn't mean all future content will be paid DLC. At this stage it's one thing, and probably there will be more, but I think there will also be plenty more free stuff.

TJones likes this.
  12. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Please put your feedback/comments in the Road map thread, this did not need an new thread. Thanks.
    Thread closed.

patchedupdemon and CamiloNino like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.