Latest Roadmap Update - July 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

:confused:I thought they promised hot fixing?

I understand. However this is a bug that did not exist a year ago. So I don't mean to assume, but surely s397 have done something which has created this bug? It seems to me they have created a bug but do not care to fix it anytime soon, which is what I find incredibly disappointing and frustrating. Again this is what I am assuming.

I do not know if it's an issue on my end. I created a thread about it a year ago, and from the replies I got I gather there wasn't anything I can do about it. I know I might be coming across aspishy, but come on, how more patient do I need to be? I have been reporting this for a year. Can I at least have a time frame? Are there any decent alternatives to rfactor?

2. FS7

FS7 Registered

I got rF2 last December, every time I tried doing a race in the wet I had the same issue, so I decided to race in the dry only until S397 fixes the issue.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There have been hotfixes for things that basically stop people being able to run the game, among others. I don't know the timeline on when S397 started directly working on the game, not sure it was as long as a year ago, and the early work was directed towards dx11 and changing the development pipeline to allow those hotfixes to happen. I doubt they came in and made AI adjustments off the bat.

AI wet weather behaviour could easily be related to wet weather generally, and tyres, and the latest update has highlighted their desire to improve (probably extend) the tyre model in various ways. I'm thinking weather would be a fairly important factor in this. So, given that they're still working on incorporating a new UI system (and making the core system to run on it) as well as planning for integration of competition structures and the like, they might not want to spend time bugfixing systems that they're looking to overhaul in the near future.

I understand the frustration, but unless they specifically state that they're aiming to fix a specific bug in the next update, I think you're going to be largely disappointed if you keep checking these threads for information on it.

John, CamiloNino, Filip and 2 others like this.
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Sounds good!

Just hoping lights at night and shadows get some more optimization before completion of DX11 (if possible). Not sure why i drop so much that i cant run night when the headlights dont cast shadows, but that might just be me not understanding lighting in engines. Maybe "Special Effects" setting have impact on headlights? I tested Nords in the morning and it looks amazing with headlights as the sun is about to come up, but as soon as 1 or 2 AI cars are just close to me i drop under 60. 15-20 AI cars around me without lights = no problems with FPS. 1-2 AI cars around me with their headlights on = drops under 60FPS and lots of stutter.

Anywhoo, looking forward to the car and track.

Stephane P likes this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

"[...] and a system that penalizes drivers for off-track or bad driving by giving time penalties instead of relying on an independent safety rating."

Penalties are good, but is this going to be a "slow-down" as currently seen in iRacing, Raceroom, & Assetto Corsa? Or will it be time penalties assessed at the end of the race? Or will it be a more realistic drive-through or conversation with the chief steward in the pits?

Where I'm coming from is I dislike the "slow-down" penalty. It's too artificial and can cause accidents (except Raceroom which ghosts the offending car).

Kokomo, bwana, Depco and 6 others like this.
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

So far in rF2 i have been pretty happy with getting a penalty when i really cut and gain time, while running off and LOSING time give no penalty. In AC you get a penalty if you just touch outside the track basically - gain or lose time.

FS7, bravotangosix, Mauro and 2 others like this.
  7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I don't think they don't care. It is simply a matter of current priorities, focus. I am 100% with you - I really hope at some point single player fundamentals, AI, wet racing, Flags will get looked at. But DX11 migration was necessary, performance work was and still very important, online racing/esports are very important to many people. Of course, I am speculating, but now S397 is pushing for modern UI to support modern online features, and many people would appreciate that. I do hope that once things will settle, single player fundamentals will get looked at - meanwhile, not much remains than being patient and remembering that we all want different things and have different priorities, and someone will be happy, someone not (at least for a while).

8. Emery

Emery Registered

Content releases and store all sound great.

Content questions & thoughts
    • Will there be an in-game link to the store?
    • Will the McLaren come in rhd and lhd models? If so, please use the configuration options rather than doubling all the skins (poor planning point on the Radical).
    • Since McLaren is cooperating, will there be more official McLaren content? I vote for M1A & M1B to go with the Howstons. :cool:
    • With the McLaren being a second official GT3 car, does the content realignment mean more GT3 cars & tracks will be coming to the store?
    • I trust the content realignment does not mean the end of the historical content?

Guimengo likes this.
  9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Well it's good I'm not just imagining things. It's very disappointing this hasn't been looked into.

10. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I wish there was a work around then. It's clear this bug won't be fixed any time soon, maybe 2045 at the latest? If s397 can't fix this, then I wish I could so I can enjoy the Ai in the wet.

The wet weather AI isn't good at all and I understand that. It's just that a year ago, at least the AI were not stopping every two laps, and they were stopping realistically. That was something and I was happy with that at least. Now that has gone down the drain. It was no where near prefect before, but now racing the AI in the wet is unplayable.

I don't blame s397 on focusing on more 'important ' matters, but it isn't good enough they have created a bug and have not bothered to fix it, or at least recognise it. It's not like I'm asking for a new feature here.

11. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Just a bit concerned about the developers enthusiasm about the current DX11 state, it's quite clear the improvements from the first launch but it's far away to be smooth, although the FPS figures are not bad the fluency is not good at all, there's a bit of stuttering and slide show effect, after to race another sim and back to rF2 the difference is alarming.

Guimengo, F1Aussie, Mydriaz and 8 others like this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the update, I'll respond to each area in more depth later.

One question though, any news on the Radical update please? The AI needing a fix is quite important as it ruins offline racing with this car, so I'll hate to see this pushed back until a much later date.

I would think with the way steam updates happen then surely it's not much to ask for an AI update hotfix, then further fundamental "under the hood" updates when they become available later on (If you're still waiting on feedback from Radical themselves).

Thanks.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  13. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

McLaren 650S GT3!!! My money's ready whenever you are guys. :D Not to mention for more GT3s as you seem to be implying.
    Zandvoort is a wonderful track, can't wait for that.

14. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Guys, I am reading a lot of complains and requests here, I agree with you, they need to fix bugs (wet racing, dx11 performance, etc) but please, take the roadmap as a "to do list", not as "we have finished X and moving to Y". Everything will be solved soon or later...

David Kolody, bwana, F1Aussie and 4 others like this.
  15. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I'm very happy with the new organization behind rFactor 2 but I think that some things still need to be cared to make the game even more atractive.
    I know that's all about physics and features... but these days the very first thing that we notice in any videogame is graphics and I don´t understand how your artists produce tracks with some much detailed textures but the color of them (all of them) are flat and lifeless. I think that visualy the game need to improve a LOT and this is simply done with more brighter colors. You don't even need to touch the graphics engine. I look to Zandvoort and even having so much detail it look "visualy dead" to me...

In my opinion, there are 3rd party content that are much better in that aspect that the original rF2 content.

Please don't see my comment as a destructive critic but as a improvement opportunity.

Best regards and have a nice weekend!
    Nuno Lourenço

16. Tackset

Tackset Registered

Good to see most people welcome the official paid content! Without that, there would not be a long future of continued development.
    Do we know what the price point for the car will be?

I am very excited about the online competition structure and am curious to learn how it will be implemented. It seems to be a copy of iRacings version of rating and safety with a twist (competitions organised by the community). One very important factor that iracing has, but i don't see here is a protest committee to rule on incidents after the race completed. Are there any plan to implement that as well?

17. mancslo

mancslo Registered

That iracing rating/ranking made me nervous. I didnt like it. So i exit from iR and joing to rf2. I hope that you will not just copy these rating sistem but you will make your own.

18. Stan

Stan Registered

To be honest, I am against dlc's, because most of the time they are just easy money for unfinished products, software are the only industry with no quality control!
    But in this case it's not better... "you want to participate to our free tournament"... okay but you have to pay for the car... but does the others platform involved in "McLaren World’s Fastest Gamer" would have to pay to participate too?

Guimengo and Lewbuttoni like this.
  19. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

How much will the car cost? 5 Euro?

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

DX11 ready to be considered stable?
    If DX9 is abandoned, rF2 will be simply unplayable for some. Full screen problem is affecting too many people to overlook at it as it appears.
    No comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.