How do I add a new Track?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Coolvet, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Coolvet

Coolvet Registered

I have the files for Sepang and was told to add this to the Location folder which I did. I set up a sub-folder called Sepang-GP4. But when I start up rfactor, I cannot see or select this track.

What is the solution please?

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

You need to put the rfcmp file in Packages folder. Then run mod manager and install the track.

Coolvet likes this.
  3. Coolvet

Coolvet Registered

Thank you. I'm a newbie with this and don't know where to find the Packages folder or the mod manager. Can you explain in a little more detail please?

Thank you

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Are you talking about rf2 or rf1 ? because location folder is old school rf1 ;-)
    For rf2 go to your rFactor2 dir, default path will be something like C\steam\common\rFactor2 open it up ,in the rFactor 2 folder you will see the packages folder along with all the other folders , simply copy & paste the sepang rfcmp into the packages folder ..close it all down .. Now launch rf2 from the desktop ,It will open to the launcher,when the launcher comes up you will see icons on the left , find the 'open box' icon, (it's the second from the top under the home button) this is your mod manager ,click on this , once it opens you will see all the tracks & mods that are installed ..scroll down until you find the track your looking for 'sepang' highlight it and hit the 'install' button (bottom left ) Done ! everything you place in the packages folder will show up here .. But I recommend using STEAM workshop to install mods & tracks ! it has 80% of everything for rf2 so far ..find what content you want ,click on it and hit 'subscribe' this will auto download & install it easy piezy! and it will auto update any content your subscribed to when ever theirs an update for that content ! find the work shop on the rf2 page in STEAM just click on rf2 in your STEAM games list and scroll down a bit until you see the workshop icon .. Good luck & welcome to rf2 !!!

Bidle likes this.
  5. Coolvet

Coolvet Registered

Thanks for your help, too! Yes my system
    Is old school rf1. Can you advise me how to do this in rf1?

6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

This is the rF2 forum.
    You can find the rF1 forum http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/2-Technical-Support
    You should just put the track folder into rFactor/GameData/Locations Do not create a new folder for it.
    Sometimes you might have to move the track folder up one folder, all depends on how it was zipped up.