[REL] Volkswagen FunCup 2006 (iDT)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Released version 1.0 today April 09th 2016

LINKS:
    https://mega.nz/#!HpxxnYrK!oJVfXmHNznzAxUWB34rIOscodQekqlziuWJRgdXM94Y
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6w9v8jhj330ckc3/FunCup_06_v.1.0.rfcmp

https://onedrive.live.com/download?...56&authkey=!AH73SHWj92Df_x0&ithint=file,rfcmp

Direct link from Launcher and getmod will follow.

The car is the "fantasy" car made by iDT for simulating the real world car of the 2006 that ran in 2007 and more...
    I asked Doug of iDT for the permission to port and improve their mod to rF2 standard (flex chassis, deformable CPM tires, etc...)

I have to say that the job deserved much more attention than I thought and this release is more than a conversion/porting. Everything during the development was very interesting and educative. As due to the original author, during the conversion / remodeling / improvement to rF2, I tried to preserve the original essence of the mod, that mainly matches the real-world car developed in the 2006.

As usual, due to my lack of knowledge and capabilities, I asked for some help my friends Alessio Contardi (remake of the 3d body and many other parts) and Chris "redapg" (all things you can think to be impossible... Chris does!) and I hope you all will enjoy this FunMod!
    Enjoy it!!

=============================================================================================

One month ago a friend of mine asked for the conversion of the famous iDT FunCUp, the beetle... that was very funny and very used in rF1.
    The guy(s) of iDT started the conversion a lot of time ago but never ended it http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22418-WIP-iDT-Funcup-Conversion, so I asked for the permission to port and improve to rF2 standard their mod.

I have to say that the job deserved much more attention than I thought and this release will be more than a conversion/porting. Everything during the development was very interesting and educative. As due to the original author, during the conversion / remodeling / improvement to rF2, I tried to preserve the original essence of the mod, that mainly matches the real-world car developed in the 2006.

The car is the "fantasy" car made by iDT for simulating the real world car of the 2006 that ran in 2007 and more... The real world car was updated a couple of times and maybe, finding the right info and time, I'd like to develop by scratch the 2013 version, respecting the measurements and data and tires of the real world car. But this is another thing and only a proposal...

As usual, due to my lack of knowledge and capabilities, I asked for some help to my friends Alessio (remake of the 3d body and many other parts) and Chris (all things you can think impossible... Chris does!) and you can see below the first public screenshots (body is still the original low poly):

View attachment 19562
    View attachment 19563
    View attachment 19564
    View attachment 19565
    View attachment 19566

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2016
  2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Was a fun mod in the day. Be great to bring it to rF2 standards. Good luck.

3. philman

philman Registered

Nice idea.

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Great. I love the Käfer. Could be a great outlaw drag car[emoji16]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post updated with links to the first public version 1.0

6. philman

philman Registered

Many thanks.

7. myself9

myself9 Registered

Wooo thank you!

8. moev

moev Registered

Thanks!

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And remember, these are mid-engined, spec race cars. They have about as much to do with the street Beetle as the Megane race car does with a regular Megane!

Fun, entry-level race cars. And apparently, good for endurance racing!!

What are the two classes all about? Any chance one of them is/will be the diesel? I'm just about to go try them :)

EDIT: No, the diesel is probably only from more recent years instead of this early version.

The cars today use WW/Audi petrol engines, which are 1800cc and 130 bhp. Is that what they were using back in 2006/7? Seems like less power than that :)

And, today they use sequential transmissions (like the Clio has), but again were they using H-pattern back in the day? This rF2 model seems to be not a sequential.

Overall, a ball of fun, though!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2016
  10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Marc, this can be called a "replica" of the 2006 real world car that started championships in 2007 and that iDT developed in the 2009. Of course there are many improvements and it is really a joy to be driven.
    My intention is to develop also the new model that started the 2016 championship few days ago, but it is, as you wrote, very different vs. this one... I need the 3d of the new one and the person that can model it hasn't available for a long term project, because of the working season duties... If somebody likes to start the development can contact me, no problem at all!

11. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks Marco!

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

14. Jake Loewenstein

Jake Loewenstein Registered

This mod is amazing. Perfection.