Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. nipzon

nipzon Registered

It needs to be optional as I have motion and the bumpiness adds to realism

2. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Registered

Iv found complaints from 3 years ago on forums about the same thing ....good proof for me that it will never get fixed !

3. elbo

elbo Registered

Not really, in real life, if I am looking at a specific point and hit a bump, my eyes keep that point <in focus> your vision stays on the same point, it does not jump up and down in your eyes frame of reference, even though it does in your absolute point of reference...difficult to explain...look at a light switch on the wall and jump up, the room around you moves but your eyes stay on the light switch and it appears relatively motionless.

mike.m and Johngrim64 like this.
  4. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Registered

What he said ! Motion moves with car not the view.

5. Edu

Edu Registered

Guys.. How i see my fps in VR ? I used pixel density in 1.3 and everything config in full and max AA.. what configuration suggest? I have i7 700k, 16GB ram and GTX 1080.
    Regards!

6. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I know what you guys are saying and in real life that is how it is. What I am saying is maybe without motion extra movement in VR causes an odd sensation and with less ingame movement combined with a motion simulator I experience an odd sensation. Same as when I switch my motion off while using VR I straight away feel queazy.

LIKE IN RRE James Cook said it well ".... have nothing to do with track elevation as it's not really lock-to-horizon. It's about feeling the bumpiness of the track surface and curbs as cockpit movement rather than movement of the outside environment that can be stressful on the eyes. You will get the same effect on any track regardless of elevation change."

Johngrim64, elcoco and vegaguy5555 like this.
  7. iev35

iev35 Registered

Hi all:),
    Is it possible to ajust seat in VR like in classic version or just the Fov or nothing ?
    Thanks.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You can adjust the seat yes same as normal, not sure how or why you'd want to change the fov though.

iev35 likes this.
  9. iev35

iev35 Registered

Thanks,great.
    I don't have VR yet,wait than gpu prices decrease a bit.Just my 770 to change.

10. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Registered

I map the seat forward back up down keys to my wheel buttons works great in vr .The fov in vr is the correct fov it is
    exactly the real life fov it should never be changed

iev35 likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes I have a Button Box (SNES controller!) that the D-Pad is used for Seat Adjustments, I agree about the FOV which is why I queried that.

12. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Assuming a given HMD can be adjusted for a persons IPD (aka, the distance between your two eyes), then the stereo effect should be about right. I believe some units do allow the fresnel lenses and the screen behind them to be moved in and out (for eyeglasses users who need slip them in between), and because of that, it seems to me the overall FOV COULD change by several percentage points...and therefore there should be some sort of calibration to correct for that. But I've yet to learn if that's true for either the Rift or Vive, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be hard to find for my Pimax 4K too.

Sounds like a utility, really, that shouldn't be all that hard to build and which would be useful for applications outside of racing too.

13. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Registered

Only IPD adjusts physically on the rift .I agree distance from eye effects fov but probably ok for 99 percent of people .Project Cars does have a vr fov adjustment called world scale but never found need for any adjustment on any apps iv so far used .

Adrianstealth likes this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ahhh now you mention that I think RRE added something similar awhile ago, personally I found the default in that (and every other VR game) just fine.

Johngrim64 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  15. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

I actually think the default in most driving games are way off , I will always increase world scale or whatever the game has to increase the size of vehicles if possible.

Just my opinion.

MarcG and elcoco like this.
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Hi guys, still catching up w/ the thread, just recently setting up the CV1 for rF2 (been testing w/ AC w/c doesn't use SteamVR). Any update on how SteamVR Pixel SS works now, or how to set it up (ie. is Oculus tray PPD equivalent to SteamVR 2.0)? Can we use Oculus Tray? As @Adrianstealth first post is still awaiting update. Thanks.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

You could open Settings in Steam VR, Developer Tab, and choose desired super sampling level.

18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Yes, what I meant was how does the slider functions now, is Oculus Tray PPD of 1.5 equivalent to SteamVR's slider of 2.0? As I read they changed the way the value is calculated vs before. Thanks.

PS. Can't get rF2 to start, pressing SP icon then just stops at loading rF2. Sometimes it just goes back to Steam no longer shwoing 'Running'. Settings has HMD+Mirror or HMD only in Settings, checked VR. Am I missing anything? Also, it keeps showing the Warning: rF2 will launch into an environment in your VR...', any way to remove this?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

You're right, the meaning of the scale has changed. Basically, right now it is linear, meaning it linearly increases how many pixels above 1.0 resolution is. There's a formula somewhere, but briefly, just find value where performance starts to drop (generally in VR performance is CPU bound, so you can go higher than you think). Generally, with modern GPU you can go to 2.5-3.2 depending on the content.
    I cannot try rF2 right now, not sure if updates changed anything, but I usually make sure SVR is not running, launch rF2 launcher, and then manually launch SVR before launching the SP or MP.

sherpa25 likes this.
  20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

How do you guys show FPS / Performance in-game? Is trhere any way to move the UI and adjuist the HUDS on-track (ie. Wedgehud)?