Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Look at the top what Kimbo said about rotation and lock. Also add maybe 4-6 FFB smooth or whatever will keep as much detail as possible but without roughness. This way the car FFB feels pretty good. For now at least until they release the update. :)

EDIT: Kimbo: "try to put your wheel at 590-600 deg. and 20 lock, is another car."

bravotangosix likes this.
  2. trindade

trindade Registered

Thanks for your help Alex (and Kimbo). Meanwhile let's hope for that update.

Cheers

3. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

How do you do that? I tried but there is no option to set the wheel deg above 540 and the lock option is tied to this value so the lock value of 20 matches the wheel degrees value 450, so I tried that but the FFB was still like the pneumatic road-drill effect and as bad as ever. :(

4. kimbo

kimbo Registered

loock at the controller display, and click in vehicle set, then put 600 , load the track and put 450-20 in the garage - wheel range options.

5. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I think tightening the belts of your wheels might help to that vibration problem.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

looking forward to any Radical updates

Schpidie and Alex72 like this.
  7. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Thanks kimbo, but it made no difference to the wheel vibration, :eek:

8. kimbo

kimbo Registered

i don't have this vibrations issues, but if i would have it, i would try decreasing ffb minimal force, or increasing the smoothing, good luck.

9. trindade

trindade Registered

+ 1

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I get that rough if i bring FFB smooth down to 0-2-ish. But at 4-6 smooth i dont feel it and only the normal forces. I did that setup and tweaked the smooth and then tested the Radical on Mid Ohio. So much feeling on that track thanks to not only the normal bumps but also the other new tarmac that the modders were cool enough to make us feel when you go up and off those patches of new tarmac as it sticks up from the ground a little. :) Very cool.

11. fab06

fab06 Registered

im a G27 user and the FFB on the radical is awful ..
    heavy noisy vibrations all the time with a bad feeling , smooth max or not ; the only solutions to stop this awful vibrations is to down the FFB force but at a point thats its no more a FFB steeringwheel .. in the same time the FFB with my normal G27 setting is perfect for almost all other cars and Mods .. so what ??

the FFB of this new car is the same that i have in Raceroom since they have updates the logitech drivers for G29 in march last years , awful noisy vibrations all the time and a bad feeling , before it was nice and that' s why i have stop playing Raceroom and im here again on RF2 now :confused: :eek: :mad: :oops:

same problem with the F3.5 .. i hope others new cars have a different FFB ! !

12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

They are updating the Radical. We will have to see how it feels soon(TM).

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Was this updated? The AI being too fast i mean? Not sure if i missed something.

14. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Radical races we've done have been intense and fun because of the sprint format we used.
    The car itself has been putting me off though.
    At first it was that understeer under braking and turning.
    OK, so with a much lighter foot on the brake during turn-in it's ok, I can get past that.
    And I quickly figured how the differential influences things and was able to adapt.
    Enter Malaysia South loop and turn 1.
    There are no brake markers so it didn't take very long for me to miss the braking point during initial practice.
    Alas, putting the car into a slide in desperation had my delta go deep into the green.
    Then it happened again.
    And again.
    It quickly became obvious to me, a traditional line and driving style through this corner was not only not the fastest way around, it was hopelessly slower.
    When we guys met up in practice before the race, this became a talking point.
    The fastest drivers had all figured the exact same thing out and it did not go unnoticed by most people.
    Do not like these physics.
    Lots and lots of cars in RF2 can go quicker by sliding them, some will even allow you to carry this driving style into the race and not just qualifying because their tires can take it.
    Radical's tires certainly can take it but even if I am one whose driving style is suited to this, I still didn't like that the car would handle like that.
    Go into snap-oversteer at the end of your braking and then into a glorious slide that will have you launch out of the corner.
    I did the races just to practice some on-track battles with the rest and have some good fun, at times the car felt enjoyable to drive for the most part, the way you could rotate on exit with the throttle.
    But then you realize, if you want to be doing the winning you have to be driving like that and that has put me off, not what I'm looking for.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The handling of the car at low speed turns feels weird. I would expect it to be more tricky. As Christos says you need to make the rear loose so that it spins.

Tried the car at RR Spa and oficial Interlagos and the difference is huge. In Spa's high speed corners it behaves nicely (Eau Rouge full throttle) but at low speeds it suffers a lot.

16. Comante

Comante Registered

It's a oven pan with tires, how could it handle nicely at low speed?

17. Comante

Comante Registered

Fast people say that when you drive on the limit a car appear to float on the track, so it slip more or less all around any corner. So what you find weird, is just that probably you just found his "performance mode". More or less any tires enjoy a bit of slip angle, this is the reason probably because sliding (a bit) around a corner is faster than a perfectly clean trajectory. These cars that are a bit underpowered enhance the "fast out" phase of corner exit, as any Km/h that you can carry out of a turn is a Km/h more you will have at the end of the next straight. In more powerful cars is maybe more important to be able to accelerate without sliding, so with both rearwheels planted.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  18. Christos Segkounas

I'm sure you guys every time you drive a new car enjoy the challenge of gradually unlocking it's secrets.
    But I'd rather the secrets I reveal do not remind me of Gran turismo arcade mode at high difficulty.
    I do not know if that is realistic or not because I have not driven the real car but allow me to be very sceptical about it.
    Sprint format series we did was great fun but...

19. Comante

Comante Registered

Maybe you should simply put aside what you think it should be, and take it for what it is... life is much simpler this way.

kro388th and bwana like this.
  20. Christos Segkounas

Or maybe not, since that would kill my preference for RF2 immediately.
    There's a lot of entertaining "sims" out there if you know what I mean.
    And I would gladly put it aside except every time I drive a car like the Megane Trophy II I get spoiled.