FFB - What's supposed to happen !?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by theVenerable, Jul 10, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Try the older ISi cars,the new ones all feel crap regularising ffb

2. theVenerable

theVenerable Registered

Sorry, whats an ISi car?

3. Jon

Jon Registered

I checked the review on Amazon and I agree it does have good reviews, but I believe the problems you've been having are caused by the fact that the wheel has a 1050 angle, so ensuring this is set to 900 in the profiler should make the FFB better in all those games you've mentioned, not to mention more precise driving. Perhaps your non-FFB wheel was 900 hence why you got better results with that. ISI stands for Image Space Incorporated, the developers who made the game. Although I use the latest versions from the Steam Workshop and at least the Brabham and the historics (Eve and Spark) work fine for me. But I'm using the DX11 beta build, not sure if that makes a difference.

theVenerable likes this.
  4. theVenerable

theVenerable Registered

I see
    I'm not sure I have many of those cars.
    But I can look in the workshop on steam

Also, I know it was explained earlier, but I still don't understand what the Minimum torque ffb option means?

Thanks

5. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan Registered

theVenerable and Jon like this.
  6. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

The ISI/S397 cars come with the game when you first download. The NSX, AC Cobra, GT3 Camaro, Corvette C6 Z06, Howston G4/6/Dissenter, Dallara DW 12 IndyCar, 2015 StockCars(3 models representing Ford, Chevy, Toyota), Formula 2012, and a few more I forgot to mention.
    Personally I think that the Apex GT mod has a fantastic ffb feel, but many disagree.

The minimum torque is the amount of torque produced at the instant the wheel is turned at the lowest level of ffb, which will generally be at a high speed straight. This will directly affect how hard the wheel is to initially turn in any situation, sitting still or entering a corner. It is a percentage of the overall force.
    For example; say you navigate a perfectly flat, 90 degree right hand corner. Not hitting any bumps/kerbs, being perfectly smooth, the max percentage of ffb force will be, for the sake of the example, 75% of its overall force capability. Now, the moment you begin to turn the wheel, you immediately feel the ffb pulling back. If the min tq is set to 0, then; Watching the ffb value on a graph, covering the whole corner, you would see the percentage rise from 0 to 75% and back, as you enter, pass, and exit the turn. If it is set to, say, 5%, the graph would begin immediately at 5% and then rise to 75, and comeback down to 5 and then 0.
    In your case, that your wheel is too strong, I would set this value to 0, unless you notice a ffb deadzone. You would notice this on a long high speed straight, if you slightly move the wheel in either direction and dont feel any ffb, then increase by .5% at a time until there is no deadzone.

Cheers
    rocket

kro388th and Jon like this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

rF2 adjusts the degrees of the TM control panel yes, I believe it's a bug. Anyway, tick the "vehicle set" option and ignore the TM panel value, that is how most of us drive I believe. It's the most convenient, because the degrees are automatically set the same as the real car. You can fine tune the steering lock from the car setup option instead.

theVenerable likes this.
  8. theVenerable

theVenerable Registered

I finally understand what the minimum torque setting is now
    Thanks very much you kind people !

So far I've having some success with Rfactor2 and Automobilista.
    They are both very exhilarating to play with FFB

I've had a bit of success with on Project cars, but it's not very impressive, and my Assetto Corsa FFB is currently a shambles

Glad to have RF2 and AMS though - they are both great

I will keep tweaking and following your suggestions and hopefully can improve things further :)