T-300 problems....throttle not working after 1st gear

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Terence Parkes, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Terence Parkes

Terence Parkes Registered

Just got the game today....... what a big hassle to setup...... instructions tell me I must start SteamVR before the game, but it ends up that is incorrect, I need to start the game first, then SteamVR starts....... but AI cant get a Nissan 370Z past 80kmh, because I have full throttle in first gear, less in second gear... even less throttle in third gear ... and less again in fourth gear.... what is going on.... how do I set this up or do I just ask for a refund?

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

It sound like you have pit limiter on. If you go into controls you can assign 'pit limiter' to any button, press that once you're clear of the pits and you'll get full speed :)

3. Terence Parkes

Uninstalled and applied for a refund..... just to much hassle to bother with. I spent over an hour just getting the game to start in VR because the instructions told me to do the exact opposite of what is needed..... then I start trying to get my T300 working...... more problems..... no support..... couldnt be bothered. I expect better quality instructions, and a game that works, not a bundle of problems.

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

ok well I'm glad to help you get up and running, if you change your mind :)

5. Terence Parkes

Thanks anyway...... but after almost 3 hours of problems I just cant be bothered with it...... like what will be next? I feel like this game is just not FINISHED enough for a person like me, I expect the game to work and I expect the instructions to be correct........ the instructions for starting in VR told me to make sure that SteamVR was running before I start the game...... that is where the problems started..... restarted my computer 7 times because the game was running but not detected by task manager......m then I finally get to the race track and my steering wheel and pedals are not detected... just to many problems for me to deal with. I play games for relaxation..... not to get annoyed and frustrated by incorrect instructions and controller problems in a game that feels like it is unfinished.

"Important: First open SteamVR manually before starting single player"....
    https://www.studio-397.com/2017/05/open-beta-with-directx-11-and-virtual-reality-support/

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  6. Milopapa

Milopapa Registered

Just for the record (if anyone else finds this thread):
    1. Instructions are correct, I always start SteamVR first and it works great (btw, there is an option in SteamVR which will auto-start it for VR games in case you forget)
    2. My T300 was detected automatically
    3. Pit limiter got me also :) Took a while to figure it out and configure a button to unlock it
    4. This sim is by far the best there is currently for the PC. Anyone disheartened by its aged UI loses out on a great driving experience. The new UI can't come soon enough.

7. Terence Parkes

Starting SteamVR first resulted in the game trying to start, but hanging...... task manager could not see it running, and I could do nothing except restart my computer and try again. After 7 restarts I was told by a friend to not start SteamVR first, and the game started. Then my T-300 wheel and TH8A shifter were not detected because I had a non stock wheel fitted, so people who buy the add-on wheels from Thrustmaster can't use them with this game. after reverting to the stock wheel I was able to get my wheel and shifter detected. Then I had the pit lane limiter stuck on. I went to the forums and found a person complaining that Simvibe worked for them in single player but not in multiplayer, and I bought this game because it supports Simvibe...... well that was enough problems for me to just walk away.

The instructions telling VR users to start SteamVR before the game ARE incorrect, and seeing instructions that have not been updated makes the game look like a backyard project that is lacking full-time support staff.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

The VR part is not finished, it states in upper right corner OPEN BETA with capital letters. If you expect a finished product, never download a beta, use the non-VR DX9 version instead. By downloading a beta, you are part of the beta tester group, who are expected to report bugs and contribute to making the product better so that when it's released, it's bug free.

CamiloNino likes this.