Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, I had been talking to Tim about this licence before it was officially announced and got confused about the initial licences--sorry. It changes not a word of my review or anything relevant to the car simulation itself. I am glad we have confirmation there will be an update. If it comes reasonably quickly, that will make up for the lack of QC in the first place.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

" We have secured a license with Radical sportscars and will be bringing those into rFactor 2. With full access to CAD drawings and performance data we can deliver "

I didn't know this, "those" means there could be more ?

the range of radicals looks very interesting was reading radicals official website earlier,
    fingers crossed !

patchedupdemon and pkelly like this.
  3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Had a bit of fun yesterday on the S397 open server and recognized some familiar names at that!
    Did have to leave (was leading a race...) but do plan on revisiting the server this evening for some more racing. There always seem to be 5 to 10 people on there ready to race :)

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

What a well informed and to the point review/first impressions video :)

I disagree a bit about the braking though. I'm running brake pressure of 100%, it feels like plenty of braking to me.

However, the honest feedback of a former instructor, I'd cherish that and put it (or the guy himself) to use for everybodies' benefit :)

edit:
    And yes, even in professional simulations, typing in the raw numbers is sometimes only considered a starting point, as sometimes limitations of systems or other mathematical systems come into play. When a driver says it doesn't drive like it should, you can stick by your raw numbers, but that doesn't change the drivers', sometimes backed up by data, opinion.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Guimengo, Ernie, Marc Collins and 6 others like this.
  6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i thought the car was very gokart like!

Maybe he's driving more like a dirt car than a track car. ?!

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm not sure gokart like is a fitting description :p

What is funny is the reasons I like this car as much as I do, they fit perfectly with the description given from the instructor/mr strange. Basically a worker-class track day car which you can abuse at your leisure, while staying alive and simply having a blast in. It doesn't try to kill you at normal road legal speeds, but still you can choose to push it hard (but smooth) and you'll get rewarded for doing that, including the risks.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Sure, there is room for improvement with the car, but it is funny to see Billy talking about underacceleration and allmost spinning the car at the same time by applying too much throtte and giving it too much momentum. What I noticed regarding break preassure is that the default setup has a very low preassure setting. If you set it to 100% it indeed stops fast and from a technical standpoint, the default setup is on the very safe end in general and understeer is to expected. And yes, it is quite similar in characteristics to a GoKart. How you can plant it into T1 at Silverstone is quite similar to how you throw a Kart into turns. Anyway, looking forward to further tweaks to the car. Rain tires should be there for any car that have it in real life with release from my POV but that's just me I guess.

LokiD likes this.
  9. kimbo

kimbo Registered

with 600 wheel degree and 20 lock at nords, now i can say this car is one of my favorites

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

lmao i noticed the same thing too, i saw him drive the mclaren GT in Raceroom a while back, and he couldn't drive it well at all. pushing it in the corners really well too aggressive..

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I hope the trend of safe base setups continue. I know how to make one myself but, as I said somewhere else, from my experience administrating leagues way too many people have no clue about it and end up giving up of a car (or leaving races a lot earlier) that has a base setup that will try to kill them.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

All this talk of killing
    This car kills my fps )-:

SOLVED : increased bolts to cpu everything is great again !!!

Sorry 397 not your fault at all

Juergen-BY likes this.
  13. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Your fps issue is just a fantasy. ;)

Adrianstealth likes this.
  14. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Safe default setup would be fine for me, but i wasn't able to cure the turn-in understeering properly even with some quite "radical" setup changes. (sway bars and brake balance)

15. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Hint: keep some load on the diff :)

16. iev35

iev35 Registered

Not good driving here but don't care i discovered the car,no setup etc...,easy to push to the limit,feedback is awsome,i suppose understeer can be change with setup.

tjc, emha76, ryyu77 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Fps prob SOLVED !!!!!

Reset my bios
    Redid overclocked at 4.8ghz 1.40volt

Everything great again
    Think I messed something up after a resent bios update

Sorry to 397 not your fault at all

30 radicals on grid me at back everything stable , big thanks MarkG for telling me all ok your end

18. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

Great car to drive, but this model is still much more FPS intesive compared to any other of the recent releases, at least in DX11.

Is it an issue? Don't know about that, but it is much more FPS heavy than USF2000 and Nissan GT500 are, for example.

Alex72 and Guimengo like this.
  19. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Well the car feels very good when on throttle. I think the cause for the possibly unrealistic turn-in understeering might be as simble thing as the LSD being too tight on engine braking.

20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Is this car mid engined,that would account for some understeer in certain conditions