Need help, Low FPS with 80% third party tracks

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Findla22, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

I am having big problems. 80% of third party tracks are giving me low fps.

For example Bahrain. I need a Bahrain track for a league and I just could find 3 versions: CTDP Converted by someone, Formula SimRacing and CTDP with working night.

All of them are having 40 fps at the start with 24 cars. I tried lowering the graphics and I just can gain 10-15 fps. It isn't a mod problem because I tried with all original ISI and S397 cars and I am still having the same FPS.

It is impossible to drive, I don't know what to do because I don't have any other Bahrain track after searching in the internet during 3 long hours....

I am desperated because this week we have the Bahrain Grand Prix in the league and I still can't find a track with working fps.

My PC specs:

- 16 GB Ram
    - Windows 10 x64
    - Intel i7-2600k 3.4 ghz
    - Nvidia GTX 780 Ti

All original tracks are fully working with perfect FPS. 80% third party mods are fully crap, I am very angry!!!!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try lowering shaders, visible cars (not opponents) and see how much that helps. Also, what wheel do you have? If it's old, try turning FFB from Wheel to None in controller settings and see if FPS improves (if it does, you need to skip FFB updates).

SPASKIS likes this.
  3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

This has nothing to do with the tracks. ;)
    With a 780TI you can use max graphic settings.

Check tracks with a few cars. 4-5

The amount of visible cars will kill your fps dramatically.

Limit visible cars. You can do this in the UI while you have loaded the track car combo. So you don't have to go back and change it.

88mphTim likes this.
  4. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

Nothing to do with the tracks? How do you explain I can run 24 cars 300 fps Full with original tracks and 40 fps medium with third pary tracks?

Thanks anyway, I will try that.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

300 fps with 24 cars with full graphic settings. That, i can't explain. :D

6. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

Well, thank you all guys, I fixed the problem :D
    The problem is that most of third party tracks are outdated, so they are also using outdated shaders which are having epic problems with modern builds.

I just found some settings to make it perfectly work. (disabled shaders basically, but if you still have problems you can try disabling road and environtment reflections)

Thank you all!!!

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I reckon it is track optimisation issues. Try 24 cars on an iSi track and then do the same with the norisring 1.12. You would be lying if you said there was no difference, fps drops and stutters all over the place.
    I recently got a zotac 1080ti extreme edition, the fastest 1080ti there is and I still have fps drops in the pits and at starts on max settings with sync enabled, a bit disappointed to be honest.

8. Filip

Filip Registered

Oh yes, new Norisring. For me its maybe the most beautiful track in rF2 but unfortunately unplayable because of stuttering.
    And in new Dijon Prenois version I get stutters on same 2 or 3 spots in each lap.

EDIT:I believe this is track related and not rF2 build related but strangely I never had any stuttering in any track until few days ago.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    F1Aussie likes this.
  9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Last update wasn't good for me (dx11) hoping next will get it back to where it was

I'm
    Not really using 3rd party tracks

F1Aussie likes this.