Rain storming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trollray, Jun 30, 2017.

1. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi everyone,
    i would like to create this thread to focus only about weather and rain in rf2.
    As for screenshots or videos thread, this one is based on rain/weather function in rf2.
    Here you can discuss about visuals, plugins, setups etc as you want.

I don't know exactly how studio 397 will handle the weather in the future but imo, it's a very
    important part for a racesim.
    Strategy, setups, driving technique, etc are impacted by the weather in real life.

Last but not least, we know it's hard to simulate it correctly but we need to talk about it right?.
    Respect and gentlemen attitude are the only rules of this thread as for everything in this forum.

Now it's up to you, let's talk about it ;))

RoboCAT10, Rui Santos and F1Aussie like this.
  2. trollray

trollray Registered

?? No reply..
    I guess no one is concerned about rain? ;)

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Yep I am but there hasn't really been any improvement or news about it for years.

Louis, Rui Santos and Guimengo like this.
  4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I think there is a lot of interest, just not much sign of any developments regarding the weather.

That said, once the DX11 build is out of beta, then development can move on to other areas.

And I agree, it adds a lot to the immersion.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I stopped beating the dead horse - expressing my desire for proper rain - years ago.
    It'll come when it comes.

Rui Santos and demerzel like this.
  6. Donnie

Donnie Registered

Same here, I'm waiting for proper rain effects and graphics, but it's a lot of work (I guess)
    The big step before anything, would be to get the rain actualy hiting the windshield ... that would be mental :D

But the rain sim (in terms of grip, drying lines...) is very very good ... makes the lack of graphics even more frustrating ^_^

Just trust Studio 397 and wait for it :-D I'm sure we'll get something good with this weather thing ;-)

Cheers,
    Donnie

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep. Done enough wishing and placeholder-suggesting years ago, now just waiting. Not worth doing more, generally.

Donnie likes this.
  8. trollray

trollray Registered

Yes, you're right, this is a long time till any development.
    But, i think that discussing it regularly in this forum make sense and let studio 397 know how much people are waiting for it.
    I remember a lot of people complained about dx9 and graphics. (some still does lol)
    but the fact is that we can push a little bit about that wheather now. ;)
    We can also discuss about setups and or driving techniques.
    For my part, i'm a bit confused on how to do that :ss

Donnie likes this.
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Me and most people in league i race is waiting for weather update for years now, it's an important part of simulation, and the ice feeling is not correct right now. Still hoping and (patiently) waiting...

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Ice feeling?

11. osyres

osyres Registered

studio 397 are in real trouble with the isi engine and there weathersystem i don t know how to fix this...... Project cars 2 with live track 3.0 puts a lot pressure to the next gen sims in the future. The physics aspect is allways hard to tell but i would not say that rf2 is wrong its more the rain tyremodel of the car which make it more realistic or not. But from the graphic side its in my eyes crap :> And a weathersystem has to be 100 % correct or don t make weather isi want to do all but that did not workout

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well thankfully you're not working on it then and S397 are :)

Agreed it will be very interesting to see how they do it in pCars2, although I don't class RF2 as a "next gen sim"so for me any improvement on the weather system would be welcomed.

A debatable subject for sure, I've heard both good & bad about the state of current wet tires but until the weather system does get improvement I can't say for myself, as I'm holding off from wet racing until then.

Yes the Rain Effects are currently poor and this is a common used complaint regarding RF2 in general, but since the introduction of DX11 I've seen people shift the other way and say that RF2 has become a very good looking Sim. Personally I don't give a poo-poo about graphics!

ISI tried many things but never properly finished them, unfortunately weather being one of them, but so far the sounds coming from S397 are all good so lets get a little patience and wait until they show us what they can do yeah? :)

13. stonec

stonec Registered

There is a simple solution: don't run with wet weather if you are unhappy with it. Pretend you are playing iRacing, Assetto or AMS that don't have weather. :)

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Not weather related, but so far, I've had two complaints about recent S397 releases and both were addressed. So I am hopeful they will continue to move down the checklist of items. We've seen multiple requests for rain and ai improvements, My fingers are crossed that after the dx11/vr/UI upgrades slow down, they'll have more resources to attack these lingering items.

Emery likes this.
  15. osyres

osyres Registered

I never played with wet weather in rf2 even in my activ years with this game. But the future is weather and it will be a gamechanger if its right. But rf 2 is not right and i just think its hard to correct without changing to much. But it tested rain in vr and it rains inside my cockpit of the c.6 ^^ looked funny like i have a caprio. That doesn t mean studio 397 can t do it i don t know..... Ur right i play only iracing just because of the multiplayer. The first game which gives me better physics and the multiplayer im gone :> and the best would be multiplayer, physic and pcars 2 live track 3.0 . I hope AC 2 is the first titel which will jump into it, if rf 2 can t get there in time. Don t think that new racing titels will miss ranked multiplayer with safty/rating system. And Reiza2017 will be more Reiza2025 ^^