Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

Ok, I was wrong. This problem is not so much due to filtering, rather with minimum torque.

Test 1: T300, default filtering (4), minimum torque 7%. Massive straight line vibrations at certain speeds.
    Test 2: Same settings, minimum torque 4%. No vibrations.

So guys with this problem, make sure your minimum torque is set to less than 5%.

2. Uff

Uff Registered

So far the car is undrivable here too with a CSL Elite. It's the rattling fest as soon as you steer your steering wheel. I tried reducing the FFB from 1.0 to 0.8, but the rattling is still there. The steering wheel basically does not convey any useful informations, it almost feels like it has no variations in force applied to it.
    No FFB Min here, FFB Smoothing to 0.

3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

The same for me. Also a T300 and no issues whatsoever

4. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

No, the open-beta.
    Car Specific FFB 1.00
    Smoothing 0
    FFB Minimum Torque 0.5%
    Wheel Sensitivity 100%
    Deadzone 0%

and I use those settings for all cars.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

The ffb getting weaker after initial turn-in is, IMO, the front tires loosing grip.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thank you very much sir! This helped a lot. Still quite rough FFB compared to other cars and I need to apply some filtering but now it's drivable.

But in-game steering wheel doesn't match my steering wheel at all with this car, the driver seem to only have 180° rotation.. But that's not very important.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Try what slamfunk3 said, it worked for me. Go to car tuning and use something else than "standard" steering ratio fix. It worked for me and I could go back to standard later. Really strange.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

UPDATE: nooo issue is back when I went online. Maybe I'll have to use the same "solution" again with the tuning options. Something definitely wrong with the FFB however..

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Whats remarkable for me is that is the third car from Studio397 after the USF and the Nissan GT500 that provides so much or better to much grip, so that its not possible to create enough wheelspin at the start. You have to be so carefully to keep the engine alive.

10. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Registered

Please, can anyone tell me where is the cache file to create the dedicated server?
    I have search in cache folder, but is not there.:(:(;)

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The usf 2000 was the last car s397 released that the ffb felt right for me,every car/updated dx11 car after it, has felt the same,godly strong ffb on initial turn in,then it just dissapears after that.
    It's the complete opposite to the usf 2000 and older official content.
    I know it's not settings related,Because usf and prior do not show this weird no build up ffb

rlong likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

Nope,I'm not going fast enough for the tyres to lose grip,it happens if I crawl around or if I run at pace.
    Every car has this ffb since the usf for me,so it's in the code,not wheel settings.

13. patchedupdemon

The handling of this car feels fine,I think the supplied setup is very conservative tho,so that's why some might have understeer,but a couple of click on the ride heights droughts this out in jiffy.
    Does anyone know where I can check the change logs for the usf and newer cars,I would like to see what wasn't included on the usf but was for all the cars updated/released since.

14. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

...Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\950759997 ;)

BTW, with my Logitech G27 i don't have any issue with all the S397's cars, everything is fine here!

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Oh how I have been waiting for this car, since besides the Skippy it's the only one in rF2 I have driven in real life.

Audio: has captured the motorcycle engine origins fairly well, but the throbbing and deep exhaust note that you can hear a bit of at idle disappears as soon as you step on the gas!?!?! In the real car, the exhaust gets louder the harder you push it and becomes proportionally more significant than the engine sound. rF2 version not at all like the experience of driving the real one (but lack of exhaust versus engine sound doesn't affect just this car).

Graphics: where are the paddle shifters? Reflections from the road surface showing on the side panels of the car? In 2017? Some of the the 60's Historics had that problem on their windscreen since the first build of rF2. How on earth can this still be happening at this stage? I hope I don't still see grass poking through the floor of the car the next time I go off.

AI: releasing a car we have been waiting literally years for with un-calibrated AI? Sorry, that's just not good enough.

Handling: too much understeer relative to the real car. And believe me I was driving a "safe" set-up car, not one set-up for the top real racers. The steering feel is too heavy at low speeds. The real car has very heavy steering due to lack of power steering and fat slick tires despite its light weight. So, if you want to turn the wheel with the car stopped be prepared to use some muscle. Once moving, the steering is springy and lightens up quickly. The car responds fluidly to your every input. It is not like a Skippy. It's a dream to drive and you can drive it up to 9/10ths with ease. It makes any road car feel like a dump truck by comparison, so I hope no one thinks it should be at all difficult to drive or control. Of course the last 10% gets trickier, but it is still on the forgiving side of the scale by race car standards.

The heavy steering that hangs around much too long could be related to another bizarre element--the skidding or drive line binding when you come out of the garage or turn very sharply. As someone mentioned above, it acts like a go-kart suspension. Although this car does feel like a bigger or full-size go-kart to drive, that's because of its incredible responsiveness and flat cornering capability, not because it has no suspension or is actually constructed like a go kart. Something is seriously out of whack here. It feels like an AWD drive train with its binding and understeer!?!?

Throttle response seems incredibly jumpy in neutral. I don't think the real car can jump from idle to red line in that fraction of a split second. Once in gear, it's as though the throttle has suddenly been tamed or electronically throttled (pun intended). The real one I drove did not have this dullness. In fact, I spun the car leaving a hairpin corner just by getting on the throttle in second gear maybe half a second too soon. Just a smidgen too much steering angle left in the unwind when I got on the gas and around I went. But that was above 9/10ths. Anything below that and it felt like it was on rails. You could make yourself sick to your stomach just by weaving to warm up the tires there is so much lateral grip. Throttle response should be closer to USF2000. The relatively peakiness of the little engine does seem to be properly reflected. You have to rev it to get all the power, but it is still impressive acceleration mid-range.

FFB: My CSW feels OK--no serious issues with jolts or roughness. However, while in the "too heavy" steering phase described above, the FFB is grainy (and this could easily manifest itself as actual harshness on other wheels), like the steering rack is in some metallic molasses. The Skippy has always had this odd "feature" that doesn't exist on the real car. The Radical FFB should feel very much like the USF2000. If I closed my ears and eyes and drove the rF2 USF2000 and could get rid of its superior high speed aerodynamics, you'd have what the SR3 should feel like. Tossable. Feels and reacts like a real car. Incredibly capable by anything other than F1, Indycar or Le Mans standards. Steering rack feels like it is attached to rubber tires and bushings and has the appropriate spring to it. Fat slicks are very interested in self-aligning...the faster you go, the more so they want to centre themselves. Like many rF2 cars, this progression is lacking in the SR3. Probably OK at rest, then too strong at lower speeds and then too little at higher speeds. That's a major part of what makes it not feel like a real car, whereas the USF2000 does feel like a real car no matter which speed you are driving it.

Draw your own conclusions, but I expected a lot more.

16. stonec

stonec Registered

@Hedlund_90 Did you check if lowering the minimum FFB torque from rF2 controller settings would help? I think it's the culprit for a large number of users with the rattling issue.

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I don't use minimum torque, I have it set to 0%.
    Only thing that makes it drivable is to set smoothing to 10 or higher, but I don't like doing that.

18. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Each car has a different ffb rf2 is not assetto fortunately :rolleyes:

Badboy likes this.
  19. patchedupdemon

Unfortunately for me,every car updated or released since the usf have exactly the same ffb,wired and backwards

20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I unfortunately got this rattling issue too. T300 wheel.