Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@TJones
    Thank you infomation.
    I am looking forward to wet tires.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Even this would save around 300 mb on the team package...
    Would be the visual issues adressed, too? Like e.g. the tire bumping through the carbody and others?

3. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Same problem here, as soon as I try to leave the garage my wheel starts shaking like a pneumatic road drill. I too have a T500 wheel. But I am not about to start messing about with my wheel settings when it works fine for everything else in rF2.

Eric Rowland likes this.
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

Do you have in-game FFB filtering set at "4" (should be default for Thrustmaster wheels)? I find it strange that it starts to shake as soon as you exit pits, it only does it to me when I've flatpsotted a tire.

5. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

I don't know what you mean by in-game filtering.

It starts shaking and quite horribly, as soon as I try to move the car. There is something wrong with the FFB for my wheel at least.

6. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

You can set a filter to smooth out vibrations in the controller setup screen

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I got the same impression. Would be nice if S397 could tell whether it's about or not.

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

t300 here shaking vibrating like crazy until i reach a certain high speed,only tried it for a couple of laps,so didnt mark the speed.
    i have the weird ffb that all new s397 updated cars are showing,strong on initial turn in then just goes lifeless and weak when the steering forces would be max.
    theres no build of ffb force,its just strong on initial turn in then gone after that

also the sound reminds me of rf1 quality,not really impressed with this,some mods are of better quality regarding ffb and sounds.

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Nicely modeled car, had a couple of fun online races, but even with a Fanatec/belt wheel the FFB is uninspiring, sounds are average.

A nice addition of course but not a car I will be going back to regularly

patchedupdemon and Guimengo like this.
  10. fab06

fab06 Registered

:( the sounds deserve better , it's the same as the old RF1 mod , in the cockpit it look like a poor karting motor sound heard on youtube .. the worst its when you downshit .. i hope there s a fix scheduled for the future ..
    -EDIT"i think the RF2 sound is SR3 SL (the road version) not the SR3 RS (Track Version)"

for the feel when driving , its correct , but the steeringwheel had to turn too much for turning the wheel (like a road cars)
    -EDIT "i test in Dev mod and the steeringwheels turn fine "

sorry for my bad english

:) keep the good way ! !

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  11. stonec

stonec Registered

What do you mean by all the updated S397 cars feeling weird? I reckon when USF2000 was released, people praised that FFB was much better than previous cars. So far the only car I've heard complaints of was the F2, which frankly was much worse FFB wise before the latest update.

Both F2 and Radical have in common that they use a rather low and locked default caster. So there is less self-aligning torque from the tires. It doesn't mean it's less realistic though.

12. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

This is not pcars you know!

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thats right, but the filter is there :rolleyes:

14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you running DX9?

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Although I'm a bit of a radical car fan
    I wonder if my underwhelming impression of this version is caused by some strange ffb glitch ?
    ( bodnar V2 )

It feels to me like a slightly under powered tame modern mini road car which was totally unexpected,

Sim-Radicals have always previously felt ferocious (race evolution,race 07,iracing)

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm running DX11 and also adding some filtering but nothing helps.. My wheel is vibrating like crazy at low and medium speeds (T500) :( Haven't been able to do a single lap yet.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

T300 here and no issues with FFB, sure it feels different to other cars but not massively. Smoothing on 0 as always, Thrustmaster Strength at 60%.

Great car, falling in love with it even though I'm clearly slow!

18. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I have a very good feeling with the ffb T300rs

for T500 " FFB Minimum Torque" 5-8%

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I used to use 0.5% for my T500RS. Value taken from Wheel Check. With values too high, are going to have those finest FFB details bumped up. Which is maybe one of reasons, why some people complain that much about roughness of FFB in this car?

bravotangosix likes this.
  20. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Having a lot of fun wih this car around Toban, the lift of oversteer is a lot of fun in turn 1 :) Thanks to all involved getting this car out.

On the FFB front I also have a T500. In the beginning I had the same issues with vibrations as some others are reporting. I run 0.8 ffb and 2% minimum torque. I've never had any issues with any of the previous cars so thought something was wrong with one of the files. Tried redownloading, verifying, different controller files and nothing was helping. As soon as i would make a right out of the pits the wheel would go crazy. Finally tried the wheel options in the tuning menu (don't really know which wheels they are meant for as i never had to use them) and it seemed like after about a second of roughness it went away. Odd thing is that i then put the option back to standard and the extreme roughness is now gone. Still get a bit of it while leaving the garage and sometimes a bit over curbs.

Also I run triple screens and the showroom was always displayed across all three screens but with the Radical it's only now rendering the middle. I haven't checked other cars since i installed the SR3 so not sure if its the only car affected. Was another reason why I thought i dl a corrupt file or something. Will test later and update.
    TK

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017