Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You need to make slow down shift "to avoid to lock the diff" on braking phase

2. blagger

blagger Registered

Very fun car. Thanks, Studio 397.
    Looks nice, drives nice, but I am not a fan of the rough FFB.

Possible bug: Right mirror cannot be adjusted, no problem with left mirror

Edit: Tested it again. no problem with right mirror. Sorry, my bad.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  3. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Lower the "FFB minimum Torque"

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Car feels very good, i just had to decrease the stering lock to 17ยบ, default is a bit to much for me and it cause me some oversteer in fast corners. The look is awesome, and thanks to all the skinners!
    I have only 2 doubts: sound and AI, that seems to be too much faster than humans. I usually use 100 to 105% AI strenght, but with 95% they seem to have an LMP2 engine!

Mikk Quickmikk likes this.
  5. Ruben Correa Alves

Ruben Correa Alves

Very nice to drive and yet another good addition to rFactor 2! :) Only thing is that I too have some issues with FFB at low speeds. I have the feeling that the suspension geometry (physically, not in setup) might not be completely the same between the front left and front right. The car vibrates and pulls too the right a bit under braking. I had the same with a Super Formula mod and when I took a look at the physics files I saw that the suspension on the front left was stiffer then the front right in that case. Might be that the pulling in the Radical is realistic behaviour due to the low car weight and the driver + steering column being on one side, but I don't know.

Other than that a good addittion and very nice to see our little livery included! :D

Guimengo, Mikk Quickmikk and MaD_King like this.
  6. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Really fun car!
    FFB also was very good but i end up using bit more filtering than with other cars. That's not a problem for me though.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

First quick impressions:
    • There is no Talent file for the AI, this is disappointing and could explain why the AI are so much faster than Humans at 100%. After the Civics were released without a Talent File (and no subsequent "hotfix" which wouldn't take long seeing as the ISI Civic had one) I'm a little concerned that the AI are being ignored. I'll be alright with that if S397 have something up their sleeve with regards to the AI and perhaps a change in the system, but I've not heard or read anything a long those lines so hence the concern. For those of us that predominately race against the AI the Talent file serves to improve the SP Experience over a lack of one, please either address the issue or explain the reasoning as to why it's been left out, thanks. (FYI the USF2000 had them so it's a mystery!)
    • FFB does seem different, once up and racing it felt just fine but I've not had a chance to test settings yet, dying for an FFB Clipping Meter in DX11! I'm able to catch snap oversteer which was a good feeling, got a bit of understeer but not properly driven in anger yet.
    • Car Model looks great, the interior is nice and clean although the default Head Position (using VR) leaves the mirrors obscured - Right one by the roll bar and left one by the car body, can't see why a race car would be designed to have these obscured in the first place so hoping it's a mistake in car modelling or if it is like Real Life then...ok!
    • Sound of the car is good, like everything RF2 it's not in the same league as RRE but it's far from bad and perfectly good enough.
    • The Skins from the Community are great, whoever did #77 Thank You as that's the one I'm using :)
    • Right & Left Hand Drive models, liking that a lot but only when the real life series has the same (presume they do!) so good job

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  8. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Great car. I found that balancing the car the in corners between oversteer and understeer to be great fun and a good challenge. Like other posts have stated, the AI are really fast. Car model looks brilliant in VR even with the lowly DK2. Will there be any other Radical models coming?

9. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

AI is too fast mostly because of a straight line speed, and also a bit in fast corners. We will address that for sure.

2ndLastJedi, Aceking, Gary77 and 3 others like this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Will you address the lack of Talent FiIe as well please? Thanks :)

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Slow in, fast out is a must in this car for sure, that's really where most of the lap time is gained. Understeer kicks in and punishes you immediately if you enter corners too hot. Also, because of the light weight you can brake insanely late, which took me quite a few laps to figure out. Controlling low speed exit slides is a ton of fun too, and mastering that will also show on the timing screens.

Aceking and Mikk Quickmikk like this.
  13. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I think the spread is quite wide with default AI, so it should work nicely for both slower and faster drivers.
    Lack of a dedicated talent file doesn't make AI to suddenly go faster. It might be too fast at 100%, and we can use talent file and its parameters as a way to adjust it, but it's not something that must be used with every car.
    Of course, it's a different story when we want to include a real world driver profiles, like with the USF2000 for example.

Aceking likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tell me about it. I haven't done many laps at LRP but I was picking the 3rd-last or so braking point into T1 and feeding it in... then while checking for instability I just waited for all the markers to disappear completely, and still made it in there with probably time to spare :p

hexagramme likes this.
  15. Ruben Correa Alves

Ruben Correa Alves

To come back to my previous post about the car swerving to the right under braking, it only does that when the steering wheel is on the left side. When the steering wheel is on the right side of the car is nice and stable under braking

Guimengo likes this.
  16. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Very notchy/rough FFB on T300. Needs at least ~5 filtering to feel more rubbery and natural, but it adds latency. Probably this will be the reason why I won't be driving this car. Model looks nice.

Didn't experience instability while braking, but the car is prone to oversteer on throttle and turn-in is crazy (even annoying). Probably need a different setup.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Because that's the correct side :p

@unknwn I tried again and yeah, T500 is the same, very notchy, very rough. No smoothing and no minimum torque. I still find it ok for driving though, but flatspots are extreme.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's not just about the speed that I'm referring too but an individuality of the AI, different Starting skills, qualifying speed, chances of crashing etc. Whether or not it's a real life series is neither here nor there, it's the better user experience at stake overall. Besides, the Civic has real drivers in it and yet no talent file was included there (as I said above) and yet there was with the ISI Civic ;)

Emery and jayarrbee36 like this.
  19. patrickkluiters

patrickkluiters Registered

I have no nice feeling in my T500. Lowered the minium torque but the steering feels very rough. Like my old G25.

Car looks very good and sounds good also.

20. cosimo

cosimo Registered

There's definitely a pattern with rough FFB and T500 then.
    It seems to me it happens mostly during the first couple of laps, when having cold tyres.
    I could also feel the weird "drift to the right" under braking.