[WIP] Le Grand Circuit 1967 (in association with VLM)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Nov 13, 2016.

1. jymp

jymp Registered

Thanks for this track woochoo, it goes perfectly with the 917K, it's still being worked on but so far the issue I see is micro stutters, hope it can be optimized where it's smooth sailing all way around, good job so far though.

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

it might be worth trying a test on some lower shadow settings. The tree shadows are quite heavy in some places, which is unfortunate because tree shadows are fairly prominent at the track.

trying lower track detial levels might help difference too.
    Not sure which, if either of the shadows or track details might help with the stuttering though

3. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

In case you have vsync enabled, make sure that triple buffering is enabled in the gfx drivers.

4. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

Track looks and drives wonderful, wouldnt expect anything else from woochoo.

woochoo likes this.
  5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

For this track I turned off environment and road reflections and set shadows to medium (from high) and that did the trick, and I was able to run a diverse 26-car field in the late afternoon.

woochoo likes this.
  6. jymp

jymp Registered

I'm running the DX11 beta and with both types of reflection off already, put shadows on med. and it is better, still small stutters here and there but better, shadows are problems for both race sims and flight sims seems.

woochoo likes this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

It is just hardware related because i dont see any stutter on this track using medium PP where i usually need to use low to maintain v-sync 60.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I have everything pretty much at full and have no stuttering

9. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Depends also how many AI you have and the car mod. I tried full grid of F1 1975 cars and it was stuttering, but with single F1 1979 it was ok

Old Radeon 7870 in use

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  10. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Track run very smooth in my side (PP medium) even with 40+ cars, the immersion is awesome!

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

21 ai, mainly official content but also urd t5 and enduracers, gtx 1070.

12. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks Woochoo :) This track is epic ...having a blast with he 917K...

13. Keeper

Keeper Registered

Just had a race at the track. I was quite surprised to see four people I know in the pits. There was a photo of CRO Racing League / Panoz World Series members taken at Ocean Speedway in Watsonville, California, several years ago, and apparently the VLM crew got hold of it to make spectators! I'm the only one in the original photo not seen on the track -- probably because I was in ratty gear and holding a helmet, which would be a bit weird for a spectator. We're all finding it rather amusing.

Eric Rowland likes this.
  14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

As best i know, the crowd I use are from photos rf2 players submitted by themselves to ISI, and ISI made the crowd textures. Unless you're talking about the actual VLM versions of Le Mans (91-96, or the 70's versions for rF1). I have very little info on those.

The association with VLM in this '67 project is mostly just the sharing of their source meshes and textures.
    The road, terrain, pit building, fences, amusement ride, and sponsor signs, are all brand new for this project, using a mix of new textures and textures i've reused from Longford and Matsusaka/ISI. Other VLM objects (grandstands, houses, kilometre markers, arc bridges) have been modified slightly or a lot and are using adjusted or new textures. The vegetation has new or edited meshes, and edited VLM textures, but there are plans to redo them later (one day there will again be roadside trees with white paint on their trunks)

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Looking forward to test this tomorrow. Looks great from all the pics and videos. Thanks a lot @woochoo :)

woochoo likes this.
  16. Keeper

Keeper Registered

You mean our guys might be in other rF2 tracks? I might have to start paying attention! ISI most likely would indeed have had the photo, as it was our group that introduced ISI to Panoz for getting Panoz cars in the original rFactor. (One of our members worked at Panoz.) You'll notice most of us are wearing Panoz hats in that photo -- our trophies for winning "Panoz World Series" online championships or important races.

(addendum)
    I just checked a few ISI/397 tracks, and indeed, our guys are everywhere! We had no idea...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    woochoo likes this.
  17. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

18. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup Registered

Got excited when I read about this a few weeks back, like the partly open world environment on this track,that have not been seen on any other version of this track before ,even the underpass on main straight is there .:)

19. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Cool, that's a nice detail to know about the rF2 crowd, thanks :)

20. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Amazing work. Respect.

woochoo likes this.