SOLVED 19/06/2017 Build ID : 1899371 - rFactor2 has stopped working cannot start game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 64r, Jun 21, 2017.

1. 64r

64r Registered

Steam updated me to the latest build and now I can no longer start the game.

When I start the game I get the "rfactor2 has stopped working" dialog.

I am on the DX9 main release branch and have tried the following:
    • Deleted contents of Shaders and CBash
    • Deleted contents of Replays
    • Moved (emptied) contents of player folder
    • Tried forcing to 32bit
    The previous builds were working fine so I am at a bit of a loss what to try next.

Wiping everything and doing a full reinstall is not really an options as I am currently on very slow internet.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated including a how to on generating a detailed log dump file.

Additional details as requested by Christopher:
    • Steam Properties - Beta Settings - "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"
    • Steam Properties Local Files: Current content buildID: 1848726
    • I have multiple GPU's installed.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Try stopping rfactor and steam client proces. Then restart steamclient and rfactor2. Hope this helps

3. 64r

64r Registered

Thanks but no change unfortunately.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Hm was the DX9 branch really updated yesterday? I don't use DX9, but most of the updates have been DX11 exclusive. You can revert back to an earlier build by right clicking on game in Steam, selecting properties, and betas tab. There should be listed "v1108", it's probably an older one that you can compare with.

5. 64r

64r Registered

It could have been a track/car addon, it's hard to know, I just see the "Steam Downloading" message/dialog with no real indication as what has changed or is being updated and downloaded. I assume it was the new build as it coincided with the new build 1899371

6. 64r

64r Registered

As suggested on the Discord channel I opted in to the DX11 beta again (a 1GB update) and I can now start and run RF2. I'm not sure what the root cause of my issue was but it seems to be resolved with the latest leading edge build. Many thanks to Christopher and the S397 teams for helping resolve this.