Baku F1 2017

Discussion in 'Locations' started by rafalgt, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

I had steady 60fps in dx11 with this circuit and Nicola Acciari's 2016 F1 mod.
    Funny enough, once I switched back to 9, I have regular dips to ~50 with the same settings. :confused::p:D Build 1108(I think, whatever's the latest)
    All settings full, except shadows and effects at high, 1080p lvl 1 AA, video v-sync, fxaa on. MSI GTX 960 4gb, FX8320e, 8gb RAM, W10 x64.
    Might not be pretty, but it drives wonderfully, and the AI isnt terrible at ~110%.
    And, overall, Im very thankful that this version showed up. :)
    Cheers,
    rocket

2. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

Thanks!

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You are the one who lies, because I do not have any resentment with "racerfactor"
    I ran in racerfactor by invitation a race and leave that community of my own free will, nobody invited me to leave, I had no problems with anyone from that community

Perhaps you say they are stupid insinuations because they reflect reality , You can see the feather duster

I do not participate in f1 and baku is not exactly a circuit of those that I like

But it is clear that you are frustrated because someone has published another circuit and has taken away notoriety

That is unfortunate as a person, The liar is you, remove that I'm resentful is not true, but I have some friends in that community of racerfactor

I use translator, so if something is not well written I apologize

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Also you lie, I already have the circuit :D, vaya vaina tarzan

Although the truth baku is not my favorite and little or no use I give him, I was just curious

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

I'm talking about textures, not FPS. Tracks that can't use proper RGB range and where half of the materials are too white, should simply not be published in 2017. All it does is to hurt rF2 graphics reputation further.

patchedupdemon and Adrianstealth like this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You still do not know, the one who has been annoyed by the publication was you, not me, people are not silly and 2 + 2 = 4

You are the one who does not read well

After their claims first, and their threats afterwards their comments give shame to others

I do not have anything to prove that I have the circuit, I was just curious and I still do not like it ... I will not answer you any more than from where there is no can not get out

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Very good contribution thanks

8. rocketjockeyr6

Well, I cant argue that point, but Im certain that Im not the only one who can overlook gfx issues and just enjoy the track for its driving pleasure.
    And again, Im very happy that this was released.
    And I though you meant fps when you said you have to turn post effects off, thats a common fps fix for the dx11 beta.

9. Sam Carpenter

Sam Carpenter Registered

To be fair, when you optimize tracks for DX11 they start to look pretty bad in DX9 (which is still currently the best, since TrackMapPlugin only works on DX9 right now)

10. Sam Carpenter

Sam Carpenter Registered

Do the walls disintegrate your car like most codies conversions?

11. rocketjockeyr6

No, you can brush them and get away with it. Give it a good clout and youre done.
    Due to the displacement of landmarks and spectator bridges, and the lack of most building structure shadows, I think he made all of the off track details on his own, the walls/barriers too, you can see they are a bit misplaced from the kerbs in a couple spots. Others look like straight carbon copies of CM's 2016 track. Although, as someone pointed out, they all have the same source for the surface/elevation.

12. ChazmR

ChazmR Registered

This is a solid conversion so far, only real issues is the fact that there is zero reflections, its like HDR hasn't been enabled which makes it look a bit weird. Hopefully it can be updated :)

[​IMG]

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The lie is born in your mouth , I never had problems in racerfactor, you are the one who lies, that now I am not welcome, that can not do it in the past, that from now on I am not well received lol, I will not sleep thinking that now banea you hahaha

If you say that I have had problems in racerfactor it is you and only you who invents it , If you say that I have had problems in racerfactor it is you and only you who invents it

But do not worry about arrogant and lying people like you already know where I'll never go

That you have me on your ignored list, hahahaha ...

14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Take your arguments somewhere else please.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Blaming amateur modders for rF2's graphic reputation seems a very superficial analysis to me. I understand that modder's knowledge and good will is not a variable when comparing two titles' graphic quality or reputation. You should better look at documentation and modder support apart of the graphic engine itself as the real culprit.

patchedupdemon and juanchioooo like this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

There are detailed instructions for textures available from S397 on how to update them to safe ranges here. It's just a bad excuse to not follow the albedo rules now, as they were already recommended since DX9 times.
    So we are supposed to stay on DX9 forever then, because TrackMap author won't update it for DX11, it has already been confirmed and the d3d9.dll interface which TrackMap uses will never work as such in DX11. If this is the attitude from the community, then I wonder why S397 bothered with moving to DX11 at all.

17. rocketjockeyr6

Cant update, you answered that yourself in the next sentence. ;)
    And Fazerbox handed over the source code to ISI years ago. So that would be in 397's hands by now.
    And 397 technically havent moved rF2 to dx11 yet; its still in beta.
    Coming from so far behind, there will be lots of wrinkles to iron out in the transition, hence the open beta.
    Amongst all the hate they receive(not talking about you, but there are many) they still get valuable bug reports and constructive feedback through this forum. Directly and indirectly.
    Im sure the dev's have read a million times by now how people arent updating to 11 because of TrackMap alone.
    As much work as theyve been putting into the new UI, I would be very surprised if it didnt have everything that TM has, and more. If this is not the case, then I believe 397 will have shot themselves in the foot.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

When ISI started doing rFactor 2, it should have made a new graphics engine.

Studio 397 is doing much to improve, but the graphics engine is already outdated,

To make a new graphic engine would be to make another new simulator !!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

Exactly, and that would mean no existing mods would be compatile anymore and all mods would need to be re-built again. If the modding community can't even adapt to HDR textures, which is now an industry standard in gaming, then how can they ever adapt to a totally new engine like the Unreal engine? HDR is a piece of cake.

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

To build a new graphic engine is to make another simulator, it does not compensate to adapt a new graphic engine to rfactor 2.

Isi had the error of continuing with what he already had.

A new graphics engine in addition to improving performance would not be so difficult for the moding community, it's just learning, but it would no longer be rfactor 2 that would not compensate

Maybe a rfactor 3 or another name, but I do not think that studio 397 after all the efforts that have made, embark is that journey

Ha studios 397 you have to congratulate them, they are working on it to improve the rfactor possible and it is the best simulator by difference, even if it is not the most profitable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.