RandomWeather Plugin 0.1

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by palm3r, Jul 26, 2015.

1. argo0

argo0 Registered

Instructions say simple weather has to be set to overcast or raining. Gupster says it has to be set to scripted. Which is it? If it must be set to overcast or raining, that means you can't set the real road. Is that correct? Sorry, but interested in using this some time.

2. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Before the latest updates it would work if you scripted the weather and set the first window to cloudy, now it seems to work even if the sky is set to clear skies. The best way to tell if it's working is to check the ambient and track temps, they will be different then what the script says.
    Keep in mind it won't rain every session but the temps will vary everytime.

3. palm3r

palm3r Registered

Random weather plugin changed weather, temperature, etc. before DX 11 update, but somehow it did not work due to weather setting of rF2. As far as I have confirmed, setting the weather to Clear means that it will not rain regardless of the plugin's output. In other settings I think it will probably rain.

Also, the default setting of the plugin sets the rain chance to 30%, but it seems to be too high. Since there is opinion that around 5 to 7 is appropriate, please adjust each until the next update.
    After plugin header for DX11 is released, I will update this plugin after a long time.

taylajee, The Iron Wolf and Gupster like this.
  4. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for these responses, I'll give it a try. Sorry for the delayed reply.

5. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

I cannot get this weather plugin to work i have installed all the .dll files in there proper folders but i dont see the "randomweather .dll" file in the options of the game to turn "On" i also have the microsoft visual 2015 installed!

6. palm3r

palm3r Registered

@AUSTmike
    Do you use plugin on client or server?
    And you have to choose weather as overcast or raining in session settings.

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i really appreciate this plugin.. but i really wish @Marcel Offermans s397 will add a random option somehow.. I dont even care if it brings up silly outcomes its better than nothing.

Schpidie likes this.
  8. Aceking

Aceking Registered

Hi palm......i'am a friend and what AUSTmike is stating is that the RandomWeather.dll does not show up in the game options under the tab "Plugins/Difficulty" so that he is able to activate the RandomWeather to "On". This plugin is used as the "Client".

Note: He is using Win7 64bit and DX9. His Track Map and Spotter plugins work great and are visible in the Plugins/Difficulty section.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  9. palm3r

palm3r Registered

@LokiD
    Thanks m8, I agree with you. This plugin is very simple, just using 1D perlin noise to simulate pseudo weather (and some tweaks to produce realism). I think S397 devs can easily implement into rF2. but sadly it seems low priority to them.

@Aceking
    This plugin works with both DX9 and DX11. When plugin doesn't show on options, it means rF2 couldn't find plugin or load failed. Make sure following files exists.
    • rFactor 2\Bin32\Plugins\RandomWeather.dll (required only for 32bit)
    • rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins\RandomWeather.dll (required only for 64bit)
    • rFactor 2\Plugins\RandomWeather\RandomWeather.ini
    And you can set "-trace=3" (without double quotation) to rFactor 2 Launcher > Settings > Command Line Interface Parameters. It will be helpful as log files are created in "rFactor 2\UserData\Log".

LokiD likes this.
  10. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

Palm3r!...I used the "-trace=3" option and created a log file!...where do i look to find the error?...my problem is that the "randomweather.dll file is not showing up in the options of the game!...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  11. palm3r

palm3r Registered

@AUSTmike
    Is there following lines in log file? or different messages?
    9.57s PluginManage 336: Analyzing plugin "RandomWeather.dll"
    9.57s PluginManage 375: Successfully loaded plugin "RandomWeather.dll"​

If there's no lines about "RandomWeather.dll", you may put dll to wrong place or dll is corrupted.

12. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

Palm3r!...this is the error i found in my log file!

24.43s PluginManage 81: Could not load plugin Bin64\Plugins\RandomWeather.dll with LoadLibrary(); GetLastError()=126

i'm guessing the library of some sort is not loading the randomweather.dll file?

13. palm3r

palm3r Registered

14. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I've lower my rain chance to 23, seems to have slowed the weather cycle :)

[weather]
    event_duration = 60
    rain_chance = 23
    min_air_temp = 05
    max_air_temp = 40

Thanks again for this handy plugin.

LokiD likes this.
  15. palm3r

palm3r Registered

Thank you too!

16. KyuKyu83

KyuKyu83 Registered

Hi,

thanks for your plugin. I have tested it on a race at Rouen. In principle it works great because it changes the weather really dynamically and brings a new dimension to racing.
    The only problem i have had is that at times the track got wetter as if it were raining, but the sky was clear or almost clear. I also had raindrops on the windscreen but no actual rain. I set the weather to "cloudy" in the race settings. Any ideas what the problem could be?

17. palm3r

palm3r Registered

HI @KyuKyu83 sorry for late reply.
    At first, try setting weather to "overcast" or "raining".
    As I know, rFactor 2 has some weather problem that weather API doesn't work with "clear" or "cloudy" setting.
    Next, I think rF2 also has another issue that sky/cloud does not sync with rain smoothly.
    This plugin changes weather smoothly at each second, but sometime that may not work well by those reasons.
    I was going to release next version when S397 publishes new plugin API.
    But it still doesn't came out, so I'm not sure at this time.
    Regards.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  18. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Thank you for the great plugin. It works very well with DX11 as well. Hopefully there will be more updates.

19. Corgan

Corgan Registered

So if I have a 120 min practice session, a 60 min qualifying, and a 120 min race, then i set event duration to 300 minutes?

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Wow I forgot about this mod I really hope @Marcel Offermans and the team are looking very closely here to adapt their own UI to do this one day.

So sorry does the weather be on scripted ? also as above what time do u insert?

@palm3r