Cockpit FOV setting rather global FOV

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Mullog, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Mullog

Mullog Registered

Hello guys.

Well, I think the title says pretty much everything about my request, when you change your FOV in the game, it affects all onboard cameras, which I don't think is what people changing FOV are aiming for, at least myself :)

I think when you adjust your FOV ingame is when you want to setup your view when you are driving, not for spectating or anything else. I find annoying when I look a car ontrack with onboard cams (not cockpit view) that my 30ish FOV is also the setting of that onboard cam, which makes it quite non enjoyable in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents, am I the only one ? :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Many people use the onboard TV camera & bumper views for actual driving.

3. Radar

Radar Registered

Really ?? Each for their own but Arcade style ? Most I know use in-car. Those that don't in our group we call them Mr Bean (which is only one person).

4. Louis

Louis Registered

But i think they have the right since the "play" the real thing :D

btw, i cant really tell if it is the real f1 driver. I dont think it is possible

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

Many people I know want to set the view up so that your monitor shows windscreen 99% and no dashboard elements, because that's what you see in real life unless you look down. With many mods the cockpit camera doesn't allow movement forward enough to achieve this with certain FOVs, so the only solution is to use bumper cam.

6. Mullog

Mullog Registered

I can't see what's the relation between my request and your post, but anyway :)

At least, if people want to set general FOV, maybe the devteam can add just a "cockpit FOV" just below that option :)