VR big difference online vs offline

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by The1Dijk, Jun 8, 2017.

1. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

I've noticed this before VR too, but it was killing me this evening during my first online VR race. We raced at Spa at night, so I knew it was going to be a challenge for my Rift on the GTX970. But I practiced a lot with quite a few cars on track and it was really smooth. Also with 20 AI, no problems. But then came the race. Practice with 20 cars was fine but as soon as we jumped to qualifying it was a big stuttery mess. I had to tone everything down to the bare minimum to be able to race in the end. No supersampling, everything at low and max 6 opponents visible.

Why is there such a big difference in smoothness between offline and online in VR?

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

For me it is more like the other way around (also using CV1). i have a smoother experience on-line which makes sense imo because my pc doesn't have to calculate AI physics. Did other participants also have stutter? because maybe it was something @ serverside.
    I race at SR4L and we had issues also with the servers even before DX11 release.

3. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Other players had stutters too (in VR) but I've had differences between online and offline earlier too. I guess it's hard to lay the finger on the culprit. Any idea what it could be if it's serverside?